Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TR: East Ramp, Kessler Peak, Wasatch Mountains.

Been an excellent week of touring around the Wasatch. 7 Days straight of earning turns, couldn't be more stoked on the trip. Thanks as always to Telee and his wife who are the most gracious hosts in SLC and Skifishbum for giving us rides and getting us out every day on new terrain and fresh lines, both of you

I have a shit ton of pics from everyday that have been going in the Wasatch conditions thread, but the last day before we had to catch our evening flight out, was one of the best tours I have been on in Utah on a super deep and aesthetic line. Figured this one warranted its own TR.

Participants were, 1thenaton1, Dowork, Skifishbum, non mags Topher and Pam.

We approached via the Argenta slide path off the BCC road.

SFB on the up

1thenaton1 starting it off right

Topher dropping in

Coming into the middle of the line

Finishing it out on the apron

1thenaton1 coming into it off the top of kessler

Lower down on the line

SFB laying down turns on the lower section

Do Work getting deep

Pam dropping the knees

And finishing down the lower section

and one of me courtesy of the naton.

Thanks for looking

snowing a bunch now back in North VT now stoked to get out in my home mountains for a bit.
    Last edited by thin cover; 02-13-2013 at 06:26 PM.

looking good!

sure you don't want to just stay out there? looks amazing
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Very nice TR! Did you get a chance to ride those sweet looking VT. topo Worths?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Nice

SFB is a great tour guide, glad you had fun

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Good snow. Great crew!

Trademark Dibs Swirling Panda Arms Gung Fu.

whoa...I already saw these on the Worths FB page. Stolen pics!

Most excellent. Looks just like that in the Central Greens. Not sure why you had to travel so far

Nice, getting the goods is so rewarding!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Very nice TR! Did you get a chance to ride those sweet looking VT. topo Worths?

Yes, I broke off from the group to try them out in some pow, chop and bumps one day. Went to Soli, pretty much lapped honeycomb with a hilarious southerner dude I met on the return chair and yeah- they kicked ass all over the place- They really are pretty much a perfect all around ski for all things storm day and batting cleanup.

Freakin awesome week though. Can't believe the touring we did, the snow was just so amazing every damn day. Huge thanks to Telee and SFB, those two make a hell of a hospitable team and that's putting it unimaginably lightly.

That last day was a perfect icing for the cake- long sketchy ass skin track, pea soup mystery drop ins, and AMAZING UNTOUCHED POW. The only other person we saw the whole day was Str8Chuter too haha... Kind of funny. In any case though, this tour was the tits. Barely made our flight out too but I wouldn't have had it any other way. The stink just reminded me of how rad it was haha

Now I'm off to put my feet up.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Strong work gittin sum in a cool little chunk of wasangles
    I had a feeling gettin there was gonna kinda suck for TC, and test his knee but he didn't even need to boot any of it. Them 205 r/r powboards didn't help but it's all about the
    smile on that stoic studs face

while slayin the pow pow on his bdizzled megga fatties
    bummed yous weren't afforded the cool veiws from the peak but a couple k of untracked wasatch pow a few days after a weekend storm didn't suck

Stoked you EC Joe Bros scored some fresh snow and decent stability to git out and git sum cool turns in the pen
    Stoked to be able to share the goods w/ ya and remember what this chunk of the interwebz should be about
    a true mags a mag who enjoys puttin a smile on other maggots faces while sharing a passion
    I'm puttin my pics in the wasatch thread as it only took a day after you left before the stoke level dwindled
    and please send me my brofessional intillectual property your pc stole off my sd card or i'll be forced to consult my x/jersey legal counsoler
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Jebus, you guys really fucking scored, solid work fellas.

I can’t believe SFB is an actual human being, I always thought he was just legend...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Yeah buddy!
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

sweet TR. glad you guys scored some goods out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Noice

Stoked to be able to share the goods w/ ya and remember what this chunk of the interwebz should be about
    a true mags a mag who enjoys puttin a smile on other maggots faces while sharing a passion
    amen
    solid work all around guys

deep bows to the stoke masters!!!!!! well skied and well said all around!!! tribe up!!!!!!!!!!

Powder. Dudes. rad.

So lets hear about Pam.
    Life is not lift served.

Thanks for the walk down UTAH stoke lane....looks like you guys timed things perfectly,,,,fkna it looked fun fun fun.....
    Looking forward to the west myself leaving in 24 hours and counting.......
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Yes, I broke off from the group to try them out in some pow, chop and bumps one day. Went to Soli, pretty much lapped honeycomb with a hilarious southerner dude...

there is no shame in riding lifts in Utah, and Texas is not the South

nice pics, glad you got some

GOOD GAME GUYS!!!

rog

SO MUCH FUCKING WIN!
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

We have had several guests stay at the casa since living at the mouth of the Wasatch, but I have never had anybody stay who got after it like TC and DW. Those guys crushed it. And for anyone who has never seen TC's spirit and enthusiasm for skiing it should be mandatory viewing. The dude can barely walk and then he gets on a pair of skis and crushes it. It is truly inspiring.
    You guys are welcome at my pad anytime!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

SCORE!! Good timing on that trip for sure. Way to crush it!

^^^ WIN ! nice one guys

Thanks dudes

SFB- Bummed we didnt catch those views either and you are right I wasn't making it easy on myself with the hardware selection. But the pay off was right on and so is your reminder on why this place can be great.
    I got your pics ransom for next time, figured the brospitality can only last so long

Great pics, looks like you had a blast!