Arlberg last week

Just spend some epic days with my bro there - 2 ft. of fresh during our stay delivered lots of face shots. No crowds, so plenty of 4000 ft. descents to be had for ourselves without the usual combat for first tracks.

No matter what - I'm always dwarfed with that place after Ullr unloaded his goods. So vast there's plenty of terrain to explore even for many years I'd say.

We were too busily skiing to take pics so I just share some random ones (I need a new digicam though):

Stuben from top of Albona

Gaisleger Bowl - all for us

Descent from Mariokopf into Langen

Face shots everywhere

Descent from Valluga into the Paziel valley

Scoping lines from Maroikopf

Maroi valley

Maroikopf back bowls - thousands of options

Rendl back bowls - the red marked area is the sliding zone where 3 Americans were killed a couple of weeks ago. I was told the guide who was with them heáded down looker's right of it whereas the victims entered the marked area, triggereing the fatal avalanche. One is still missing - the body has not been found and recovered up to today. RIP!

H-MAN - you know where that is?

Powderfarming at its finest...

Looking good over there...Anyone know the forthcoming weekends weather? Is the highpressure breaking?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Extra Prima Good!It's good to see the carpet being layed.I totally remember that 1st shot off the Valuga.A couple of others look familiar as well.Did you hit the Moosewirt,or the Underground?Does Scotty's pizza still have a bevy of bodacious beauties from Scandinavia?
    Last edited by freshie247; 02-28-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    Calmer than you dude

THAT is BONER CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

I got wood!!

That's beautiful! I dream of skiing Europe some day.
    More gauze pads, please hurry!

Holy ass. That is beautiful.

Why, oh why, do you torture me so much?

"I wüll wieda ham ..."

F

I just got back from the Arlberg area about 5 hours ago. It was probably the best vaca i have ever had. Steep and deep. and since the area is so large i was skiing powder about 3 days after it had fallen and nobody was around. The avalanche danger was kinda skecthy in some parts but i had enough common sense to ski where is was safe. The best day by far was Stueben on tuesday. Faceshots all around and nobody was around. I was over in rendl twice but i never made it over to the back side. It looks pretty insane over there.
    Maybe if i get my lazy ass around to it i will post some pictures.
    Warning Powder may be deeper than it appears.

My nuts feel safer already.
    Glad to see you gettin' some.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    Did you hit the Moosewirt,or the Underground?Does Scotty's pizza still have a bevy of bodacious beauties from Scandinavia?
    Sure, basically nothing changed.

Al,
    still watch your nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Drunk
    I just got back from the Arlberg area about 5 hours ago. It was probably the best vaca i have ever had. Steep and deep. and since the area is so large i was skiing powder about 3 days after it had fallen and nobody was around. The avalanche danger was kinda skecthy in some parts but i had enough common sense to ski where is was safe. The best day by far was Stueben on tuesday. Faceshots all around and nobody was around. I was over in rendl twice but i never made it over to the back side. It looks pretty insane over there.
    Maybe if i get my lazy ass around to it i will post some pictures.
    Did you also venture out to Lech?

I had a slightly mixed experience just before Christmas in St. Anton. Not enough snow surface but a big 70cm dump just in time. February is so much better though.

And yes, Hinteres Rendl rules.

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    Extra Prima Good!It's good to see the carpet being layed.I totally remember that 1st shot off the Valuga.A couple of others look familiar as well.Did you hit the Moosewirt,or the Underground?Does Scotty's pizza still have a bevy of bodacious beauties from Scandinavia?
    Which reminds me of that claim by my friend from Innsbruck who tried to convince us that the best waitresses at the Krazy Kangaroo earn up to 800 euros per night ... without any "special favours".