Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Where is 333 based now anyway?
    Bend, OR the last I saw a few years ago. They must have chased him out of California.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Bend, OR the last I saw a few years ago. They must have chased him out of California.
    Good.
    And no harm no foul 3pg. Apparently he could have used the help anyway just to build the "factory"
    Hope Bachelor winds up with a sweet ski in/out boot fitting and tuning shop.

Glad to hear Jarly didn't take a huge loss. He kinda writes like he's not all there, but maybe he's just super stoked on life. It's easy to confuse sometimes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I actually told the owner of the factory that he should do a little research on Michael just so he knows what to expect and he just laughed it off. At the time I didn't worry too much about it as I was excited to see it all come together...again I was hopeful things had changed. In the end, I didn't hire him or recommend him in anyway. I met him, talked with him many times while he was building and stayed hopeful that he wouldn't screw the owner of this project, was excited to learn the way he built skis and then was excited for him to leave so we could fix all the obvious issues with his building system and final product(any back-shop guy could fix the hole-through-the-ski issue and tip/tail spacers). I will forward links and any personal experience stories to my friend in hopes that he will decide to sue the crud out of him for breach of contract and stealing tools among other things...maybe get at least a little money back.

I do want to explore the other uses for that space so stay tuned...I will likely start a new thread for that. Thanks for all the feedback and information, it's all helpful...except the idiots who just wants to call me an idiot...that wasn't helpful but I am a big enough man to deal with that.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Jarl is a righteous and stand up dude. If you read his statements he was involved in Community Ski before he ever knew that Lish was a part of it. You will also see that Jarl invested none of his own money in this project. He did it as a labor of love. Consistent with Jarl's gracious personality he reserved judgement until the guy had proven himself again to be unreliable. I don't think I would have given him that chance but Jarl is a better man than I who believes in the power of redemption.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    You got it...Bend, Oregon on a farm/ranch in the country. My understanding is they are living in their trailer and building in a barn or something along those lines. I also understand that he was building another trailer due to the pay he was making by building this factory though I don't see him building skis around here anytime soon. Mammoth can have him back.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

My question with this little new saga, does it consistently snow at hoodoo?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    My question with this little new saga, does it consistently snow at hoodoo?
    Pretty relative to the rest of the Oregon Cascades. Base is around 4450 ft, so the season starts a little later than the bigger volcano hills. Usually ends around the same date. The snow is great. Lines are short. People are nice. Lodge is cozy. It's a good scene.

Looking to buy a business in UT/CO/WY/etc.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=329886
    Dude you’re in luck, this guy is looking to drop a cool 4 to 8 million. He figures he can CEO the shit out of just about anything and make huge profits.
    I get a commission if the deal closes.

7 ply cross grain maple has worked find for skateboarding, take a tour of george powell's factory

but shaping that and vacuum sealing base, edges, topsheet etc is like wtf

look at the weight, the weight applied in any ski process.

dudes like sucking on a ziplock. respect for the zeal though

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Pretty relative to the rest of the Oregon Cascades. Base is around 4450 ft, so the season starts a little later than the bigger volcano hills. Usually ends around the same date. The snow is great. Lines are short. People are nice. Lodge is cozy. It's a good scene.
    Hoodoo really is a great little hill. I started skiing there a little over 40 years ago and though I have skied many places, Hoodoo is still home. Great vibe, events keep getting better and I put on an event or two up there for many years, it's the perfect ski demo hill because every leads right back to the bottom again so people test a lot of skis because it's easy. It would be a great fit for something like a ski factory to add to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    7 ply cross grain maple has worked find for skateboarding, take a tour of george powell's factory

but shaping that and vacuum sealing base, edges, topsheet etc is like wtf

look at the weight, the weight applied in any ski process.

dudes like sucking on a ziplock. respect for the zeal though
    May work great for SB but is sold in 3' x 5' sheets. This means any ski longer than a 152 requires a slice. Look at the old threads for skis snapped in half.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^ juses yeah we are on the same page. was not knocking you, just pointing out the fallacy.

immna go ahead and stick with vertical cut sandwiched cores, under i beam pneumatic press thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This means any ski longer than a 152 requires a slice.
    Call Benny, he'll buy those 152's.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Last edited by Spyderjon; 10-08-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Thank you...truly!

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I hope this is a dumb joke, Jarl...
    Funny to be looking back on this...oh how I wish it was a joke or a bad dream. Sad to say that it wasn't a joke and now Lish has struck yet again. My goal moving forward is to do my part to ensure it never happens again. The proof is in the pudding and thankfully I took many photos to show the end results in his product which you can't hide. My day job is in marketing and SEO...that doesn't work out too well for him.

Im still trying to process how he got a write up in Outside. That was news to me and jaw dropping

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    Funny to be looking back on this...oh how I wish it was a joke or a bad dream. Sad to say that it wasn't a joke and now Lish has struck yet again. My goal moving forward is to do my part to ensure it never happens again. The proof is in the pudding and thankfully I took many photos to show the end results in his product which you can't hide. My day job is in marketing and SEO...that doesn't work out too well for him.
    funny you think he cares about bad press. My guess is a google of 333 community skis brings you to many many different bad reviews. Some reddit thread goes back 6 years. Appraently that didnt stop you or the angel investor from making a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    funny you think he cares about bad press. My guess is a google of 333 community skis brings you to many many different bad reviews. Some reddit thread goes back 6 years. Appraently that didnt stop you or the angel investor from making a huge mistake.
    Too bad T-Tips is dead. It was a real shitshow over there.

funny you think he cares about bad press. .
    No pun intended I’m sure.

“If you can’t find the sucker at the poker table, you’re it.”
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Im still trying to process how he got a write up in Outside. That was news to me and jaw dropping
    I was thinking it was in the actual magazine, but my memory was fuzzy, it's online: https://www.outsideonline.com/211992...ional-approach

That video is very well done (maybe the same one lucknau had referred to) and it's understanding how someone watching that might get duped if they didn't do more homework IMO.

I knew all about it but the investor didn't and didn't really care. He had seen what was built at Bend High School and thought it was a cool idea so hired him. I had no idea and it was a surprise to me as well. Again, I am a forgiving person and like to see the best in everyone if at all possible. When I learned it was Michael Lish, THAT Michael Lish of 333/Community Skis, I was worried and excited at the same time. I have been busy raising a family and not working directly in the ski industry for the last couple years so I had not really kept my finger on the pulse but had hoped Michael had learned a thing or two about building skis since he first started this process, turns out he has not but still just as proud of the end result as he ever was. Call me an idiot all you want, doesn't change a thing at all, I was hopeful and sadly that hope was put into someone who really doesn's deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Too bad T-Tips is dead. It was a real shitshow over there.
    way back machine??? Worth trying...I should actually try that.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    I knew all about it but the investor didn't and didn't really care. He had seen what was built at Bend High School and thought it was a cool idea so hired him. I had no idea and it was a surprise to me as well. Again, I am a forgiving person and like to see the best in everyone if at all possible. When I learned it was Michael Lish, THAT Michael Lish of 333/Community Skis, I was worried and excited at the same time. I have been busy raising a family and not working directly in the ski industry for the last couple years so I had not really kept my finger on the pulse but had hoped Michael had learned a thing or two about building skis since he first started this process, turns out he has not but still just as proud of the end result as he ever was. Call me an idiot all you want, doesn't change a thing at all, I was hopeful and sadly that hope was put into someone who really doesn's deserve it.
    idiot is a strong word I use rarely. Lish himself, fits the idiot profile, and possibly your investor. Your investor got duped, and aside from trying to push things along doesnt seem like you lost anything. Maybe time.....