Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    You need to run from this business opportunity. I’m not one to be too critical, but those skis look like absolute garbage. There are some very basic concepts involved with building skis and it appears as if most of them are not understood here.

Is this business opportunity now located in Nigeria?

Damn JB. I’m not sure his construction has got any better.

I still have hope. It’s a great idea having a factory with demos at the bottom of a hill.... Just need to get the quality up to par.

What’s going on with the tips/tails? Couldn’t he find longer sections of core material?

Bold move to take over a company with such an controversial history .... Traditionally in business, you re-brand and try not take too much public ownership of the last companies mistakes.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    If you want to see where Michael and Kristin are in their building process...these are the most current skis they have built using their system.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHsHvK3
    Not sexy!

I would love to chat and love to see what you are doing as it was part of a business model I started a couple years ago with a focus on Handmade Ski companies. Stoked to find your site and see what you have been doing to promote outside of the big 10. Cheers!
    PM to get the ball rolling & consider what sticks you’d want to ship us so ski.

What kind of warranty do these skis have?

3 days
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

That’s a lot of replacement skis to be built.

If you want to see where Michael and Kristin are in their building process...these are the most current skis they have built using their system.

whuuuut???

also the full website (which does not have an ssl cert, btw, might want that if you're planning to take payment on that domain!?!?) seems to imply that the skis are being laid up in the same trailer in which this man is cooking and eating dinner?

Do they still have the trademarked wafercore technology?

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    whuuuut???

also the full website (which does not have an ssl cert, btw, might want that if you're planning to take payment on that domain!?!?) seems to imply that the skis are being laid up in the same trailer in which this man is cooking and eating dinner?
    that’s how they roll
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Can he only do cap construction?

Can we see the press? I didnt see one in the pics, maybe I missed it?

BTW I wouldnt put my name on ANY of those skis pictured. Looks like a grade school shop class did them

Long story short...I just made some fresh popcorn which is why I posted the pics of his latest work...which seems to match his past work. Lots I would like to say but thank you for confirming a few things. Yes the tooling was missing last week so you didn't see it in the most current pictures, it's still a mystery what happened to it. I can say that at this moment, Lish and I are not on speaking terms as I have sent multiple emails and called both he and Kristin many times with no return calls or contact. At this time...he has proven he is not trust worthy to finish a project and as you can see, likely not even able to make functional skis even after all these years of trial and error. This would explain why he never went skiing with me though I offered many, many times last season.

In the end, he only built the factory and at this time I have no idea what happened to the tooling he built or promised. My guess is the project is on hold but was told that a project was suppose to start next week in the factory to build 4 pairs of skis so we shall see. I am less than pleased at this moment(as I think you could guess) but am still hopeful that the project will still come together though it will likely end with a traditional press though I would still use the basic tooling to shape the skis as I think that system is pretty cool.

Stay tuned...grab some popcorn and shall we all hope for the best. The concept of this project rocks and it just needs to get some stable legs under it. It's well funded so thankfully that isn't the issue and the ultimate goal is for this to be fun so fun it shall be. Cheers all and keep the information/ideas coming. If you happen to have any pics of the old 222/333/Community Skis to share...I would love to see them. Cheers!
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Absolutely shocked. Never saw that coming

Long story short...I just made some fresh popcorn which is why I posted the pics of his latest work...which seems to match his past work. Lots I would like to say but thank you for confirming a few things. Yes the tooling was missing last week so you didn't see it in the most current pictures, it's still a mystery what happened to it. I can say that at this moment, Lish and I are not on speaking terms as I have sent multiple emails and called both he and Kristin many times with no return calls or contact. At this time...he has proven he is not trust worthy to finish a project and as you can see, likely not even able to make functional skis even after all these years of trial and error. This would explain why he never went skiing with me though I offered many, many times last season.

In the end, he only built the factory and at this time I have no idea what happened to the tooling he built or promised. My guess is the project is on hold but was told that a project was suppose to start next week in the factory to build 4 pairs of skis so we shall see. I am less than pleased at this moment(as I think you could guess) but am still hopeful that the project will still come together though it will likely end with a traditional press though I would still use the basic tooling to shape the skis as I think that system is pretty cool.

Stay tuned...grab some popcorn and shall we all hope for the best. The concept of this project rocks and it just needs to get some stable legs under it. It's well funded so thankfully that isn't the issue and the ultimate goal is for this to be fun so fun it shall be. Cheers all and keep the information/ideas coming. If you happen to have any pics of the old 222/333/Community Skis to share...I would love to see them. Cheers!
    I was hopeful...maybe too hopeful? It is my nature to see the positive but I am very challenged at this moment to see the positive.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

FYI...added a few more photos for those that are curious.

I know nothing of ski manufacturing but I work with small businesses every day. I’d lick my wounds and get the fuck outta there ASAP. Only way this ends is with everyone losing their money. Hopefully you aren’t on the hook for anything else at this point. (Rent, loans, etc.)

Jarlybart ... there is a private equity guy looking to buy a company or two ... https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/329886-Looking-to-buy-a-business-in-UT-CO-WY-etc .... This sounds like its right up his alley
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/853jNve3ljqrYrcSOK" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/dumpster-fire-floating-853jNve3ljqrYrcSOK">via GIPHY</a></p>

Hope ZERO $$ was given to Lish. Otherwise consider it gone....

I personally wouldve probably held off on any announcement of this idea until I was actually standing in a working factory and making skis, but hey...thats me.

Sadly he has been paid a physician's wage to build this factory with what looks to be...well the skis speak for themselves on the quality of the work. Not my money but I do care about the person who spent the money to make this possible.

Sadly he has been paid a physician's wage to build this factory with what looks to be...well the skis speak for themselves on the quality of the work. Not my money but I do care about the person who spent the money to make this possible.
    Wow....sorry to hear that, and sorry for that investors $$. Lish is a scammer of nearly Trumpian proportions.