Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Good cal, jarl. Glad it didn’t work out.

When I didn't see any algae vats, I was immediately suspicious.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Wow....sorry to hear that, and sorry for that investors $$. Lish is a scammer of nearly Trumpian proportions.
    Did you bother reading this whole thread from the beginning before deciding to get involved? Can’t say you weren’t warned.

Perhaps the mfg facility can be turned into a tuning shop or coffee bar?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Did you bother reading this whole thread from the beginning before deciding to get involved? Can’t say you weren’t warned.
    This. Zero due diligence done. If it seems to good to be true then it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    From day one. As well as ever post in the original from day one. I also spoke to lish directly once about 5 years ago. Total kook. Sucker born every minute I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

333 skis: the gift that keeps on giving!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    From day one. As well as ever post in the original from day one. I also spoke to lish directly once about 5 years ago. Total kook. Sucker born every minute I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sorry, I quoted the wrong text. That was meant for Jarly.

Oreocore!

It’s black, like carbon fiber!

333 IS BACK!!! "Community Skis"

The only surprise here is Lish got a fish to invest physician grade money into this nonsense.

Apparently Lish is a better scammer than I gave him credit for. Maybe his next venture will be Nigerian Skis

I think we need a crowd sourced Lish updates thread ala Gaper Spirit Animal. It could be the the best thing on the interWebz.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The only surprise here...
    Really?
    Don’t act like you anticipated that oreocore joke.

That was gold, Jerry. Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The only surprise here is Lish got a fish to invest physician grade money into this nonsense.

Apparently Lish is a better scammer than I gave him credit for. Maybe his next venture will be Nigerian Skis
    hes had physicians back him before...and even wilder stuff you wouldnt believe...i spent a week or so with him in the mammoth desert and town back in 2009, supposed to teach me how to make skis, got a real raw deal, and left with a massive story...ive held back til this day....one day i might let it escape....but really this thread is kinda the same story....only difference... i didnt invest any money (dint have any at the time) i was there pre kristin too
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    hes had physicians back him before...and even wilder stuff you wouldnt believe...i spent a week or so with him in the mammoth desert and town back in 2009, supposed to teach me how to make skis, got a real raw deal, and left with a massive story...ive held back til this day....one day i might let it escape....but really this thread is kinda the same story....only difference... i didnt invest any money (dint have any at the time) i was there pre kristin too
    Wha? The last thing I take you for is a cagey dude. Pretty sure you're not going to offend anyone who might be looking at this thread (except maybe lish, but sounds like he can pretty much suck a fat one at this point).

Let's have it! (don't let the popcorn get cold)

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    FYI...added a few more photos for those that are curious.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHsHvK3
    Nice dimples

Must be tough to do a custom ski biz when you can’t pull a clean product from the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ph9B6FHCK6bQc/giphy.gif

People are so fucking weird.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    People are so fucking weird.
    All of them? Besides you? Makes sense.

This is why every "positive thinker" needs somebody else around who can and will pick plans and people apart.

Positive is good for some things, critical is good for others. If you can't have both in the same person you need a team.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This is why every "positive thinker" needs somebody else around who can and will pick plans and people apart.

Positive is good for some things, critical is good for others. If you can't have both in the same person you need a team.
    Very well put

So I spent a ton of time in that factory with Lish to keep on him and ensure he finished this project on the timeline he promised the factory owner. That was the end of March and of course he missed it, then missed the June date as we wanted to start building skis and testing at Mt. Hood, that time passed as well. The latest date he told the owner was by Thanksgiving and well, yeah...it's not that far away. What kills me is that he is letting a couple really good people down this next week as he was suppose to be building skis for promo and that has been canclled. I am one who really tries to hope for the best at all times, which is why I gave Lish some rope. I have followed his journey on here and T-Tips since the start and had really hoped he had changed. I didn't hire him so it was a huge surprise to walk up to the future factory one day and see him standing there. To be honest, I was excited at first because I knew at the very least he had a basic concept on how to build a ski but had never skied a pair myself. All that to say...yeah I got suckered in by my forgiving nature and hope that he had changed. Sad to report that as far as it looks at this moment, nothing has changed and he doesn't want to change.

My intuition popped up some red flags along the way when I asked him about the schedule so that I could get the team together and start training, he made it very clear that he was there to build the factory and would never talk about training which meant he planned to build and run knowing we would have too many questions about quality. I also asked him why he didn't use tip/tail spacers and he told me the skis didn't need them...really??? Every ski company in the world uses them for a reason...so why? In the end, it's sad but reality. I really wanted this to work, many of us working on this project wanted this to work. Stay tuned...it may just be that most of his system goes in the trash and we move in the press which is already built and in use by the owner of this factory. The key to any good plan is to always have a Plan B. Cheers all...I will keep you updated as we move along. Cheers and thanks for the support.

P.S....I really want to hear the story from anyone who has personal experience with him and even more if you have actually skied his skis...we still have a few weeks until ski season starts so it will fill some time for us all.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

I heard a story once...There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. Something, something, A fool and his money...something, something...
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Run dude - don’t walk -run. Tell your buds to do likewise. There are a thousand small ski cos on the planet 100s of which are putting out great product- I am sure one of them needs a hand. Go learn there.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Um, if Jarly truly followed this train wreck story from the start and still wanted to have anything to do with Lish, he is as twisted as a pair of 333 skis too and deserves whatever he gets.

But please keep the stories coming because you can’t make up this kind of crazy