Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    All of them? Besides you? Makes sense.
    I'm a people too
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

My dad teaches preschoolers "shop class" and we'll be tripping to Yosemite Columbus Day Weekend if Lish is still in that area and needs a few pointers in the shop.
    No longer stuck.

Fuck man. I can barely hammer a nail and I have a "basic concept" of how to build a ski. Your buddy got some extra cash? I got a great idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

My dad teaches preschoolers "shop class" and we'll be tripping to Yosemite Columbus Day Weekend if Lish is still in that area and needs a few pointers in the shop.
    Just what is needed, someone handy with tools that "thinks" he knows how to build a ski. I'm pretty sure that's how the current boondoggle that is Custom Skis got started in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Just what is needed, someone handy with tools that "thinks" he knows how to build a ski. I'm pretty sure that's how the current boondoggle that is Custom Skis got started in the first place.
    Wow, you really got the joke there
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Um, if Jarly truly followed this train wreck story from the start and still wanted to have anything to do with Lish, he is as twisted as a pair of 333 skis too and deserves whatever he gets.

But please keep the stories coming because you can’t make up this kind of crazy
    Totally get it. If you knew me you would understand. I hope for the best in everyone and love the idea of having a small ski manufacturing set-up at my local hill. When I was asked to run it over a year ago when it will still a blank canvas I was stoked but had to be patient for the factory to be built first. When I came to the hill just a month or so later and here is Michael standing there, it was with mixed feelings, but again my nature is to think the best in everyone and be hopeful. He got the timelines that were expected of him, he was reminded often what the plan was and when it needed to be done...OFTEN. Every single day I was up at the hill to ski with my family, I spent time in that factory to check on the progress and even to offer my help in building so that he would be done in time. In the end, we should have had a actual builder come in and build the factory and then only had him build the tooling, but that was not up to me. He has since built 5-7 pairs of skis in there that I know of and all of which look like the ones in the pictures. The only pair that I have seen that looked semi-nice was the pair he built with a school teacher from Idaho and I never got to hold them but they looked ok and like something I would at least mount some bindings to, which gave me hope that maybe things had changed...they had not.

Now he has left a few business owners out in the cold as he was supposed to be up building skis with them this next week, which last I heard had been canceled. So...pop a little more popcorn and stay tuned. I may just turn the factory into a woodshop and start making wooden sleds and classic wooden skis instead...channel my inner Sondre which I would love anyway. My other idea would be to set-up a tune-shop and boot fitting center to ensure it's a good use of space.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Tune/demo/boot shop is just about the best resource to have at the base of a ski hill.

Honestly I can’t believe anyone wants to work with Jarly. Fkn idiot.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

This is NOT the foundation of a skiable ski.[period]

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Wow, you really got the joke there
    Yeah, that was a little harsh, my bad. My point was it takes more than knowing how to teach shop to make skis.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Honestly I can’t believe anyone wants to work with Jarly. Fkn idiot.
    You have a nice day too. Glad you know me so well.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    You have a nice day too. Glad you know me so well.
    Don't be too hard on yourself Jarly, glad you can get out without financial loss.

If it weren't for people believing the best in others despite past history, a lot of individuals would never make it out of the dark trenches and pitfalls of life they may find themselves in. SOMEBODY has to wear the rose colored glasses.

That said, run away! I strongly suggest that you not have anything at all to do with this any more even if you are now thinking of other options to put the "factory" to use. You appear to be a kind hearted / positive person that got caught up in a big fat mess.

Jesus Christ. It takes 5 minutes of google-fu to find out everything you need to know about 333, and David Lish. What the fuck is wrong with people willing to give this guy their money.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Jesus Christ. It takes 5 minutes of google-fu to find out everything you need to know about 333, and David Lish. What the fuck is wrong with people willing to give this guy their money.
    Is David related to Michael?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

It sounds to me, based on jarlybart's post above he didn't realize Lish was involved until he got into it a ways. Maybe I am misunderstanding that though.

Luckily for the remaining meatspace grifters of the world, there are still a shit ton of people with money who are not wise to the ways of Google-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Luckily for the remaining meatspace grifters of the world, there are still a shit ton of people with money who are not wise to the ways of Google-Fu.
    pretty sure Jarl knew Lish's history, and I'm guessing without google

pretty sure Jarl knew Lish's history, and I'm guessing without google
    Seems like it, but what do I know. I was thinking more about the resort owners/operators. The people who found the guy. It's still a pretty old school ski community out there, and based on past interactions I just assume the ownership don't spend as much time in virtual space as the average TGR-o-phile. It's a shame for them that it's come to this. They're good people, from what I know of them. Or at least the scene out there is pretty great, so I just assume.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Seems like it, but what do I know. I was thinking more about the resort owners/operators. The people who found the guy. It's still a pretty old school ski community out there, and based on past interactions I just assume the ownership don't spend as much time in virtual space as the average TGR-o-phile. It's a shame for them that it's come to this. They're good people, from what I know of them. Or at least the scene out there is pretty great, so I just assume.
    Oh yeah, regarding the $ backers and anyone allowing him to set up shop I totally agree!

Outside Magazine did a very positive write up on Lish a few years back. I was like WTF???

Oh yeah, regarding the $ backers I totally agree!

Outside Magazine did a very positive write up on Lish a few years back. I was like WTF???
    He gets a lot of good press somehow. He has a nice smile and a dynamic personality. Unfortunately that goes a long way.

I remember when I started researching ski building, the Community Skis YouTube video was like the first or second one that appeared in a search. It was produced really well and seemed like a positive, small scale scene. To my ignorant eye it seemed pretty legit, if a little unorthodox. I wasn't looking to hire anyone, though. Even when they closed up shop in Mammoth and hit the road it seemed like they were doing good things. I didn't learn about the abysmal reputation of 333, et. al., until I started using TGR for more than just binding mount templates and workshop advice.

Anyway, he's been lurking around Oregon for a few years, and the relationship may have grown organically, as opposed to being any sort of step by step plan.

333 IS BACK!!! "Community Skis"

Exactly. Actually, the moment he appeared on the board, you could tell the guy was an absolutely full of shit scammer running a con. People still gave him money and I thought wtf, there really is a sucker born every minute.

Giving people a chance or the benefit of the doubt is not a category Lish ever fit into. Sorry, Jarly but if you truly followed this guy from the start but still invested anything w him having that knowledge is just delusional
    Last edited by mcski; 10-06-2019 at 04:24 PM.

It sounds to me, based on jarlybart's post above he didn't realize Lish was involved until he got into it a ways. Maybe I am misunderstanding that though.
    That's what I got. Not sure it exactly matches with the earlier posts about a revival but whatever.

333 IS BACK!!! "Community Skis"

Jarly, search 333 on TGR and email the resulting threads to the people most affected by this guy. Or I could do it for you. Someone needs to get that guy off the property.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-skid-row-quot

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...win-in-a-fight

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...33-Skis-Thread

Apparently TGR is not complete without an active 333 thread.

Welp, there's another several hours of my life I'll never get back. I could've been downstairs watching epoxy cure on the latest binding mount, while trying to decide which bindings to put on the L138s, and what to do with the Shifts I fiendishly bought another pair of in the spring... or working on the garage rebuild.

Where is 333 based now anyway?