Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    i have some hand hewn particle board i made myself, i'd like to have you do a custom layup.

and then i'd like to ski directly into a waterbar at 40 mph in low/no vis

early season of course.

its interesting L hutz and I have brought up a local example of a local one man ski building operation

we are very familiar with the product all our buds are using these skis, they hold together
    Paranomal is a good example of whats possible from a small scale ski mfger using established best practises

and then here is 333 which seems to be an example of how NOT to do it

I kind of wonder why anyone would tie their horse to that busted wagon ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. It's going to be crucial in this process to regularly do the cross functional reach out, stay locked in and close some gaps. He'll need to be able to do a reset when necessary. His numbers will be going the right direction when he can pivot with his strategy to meet the customer needs.

I just have one ask: stay more on the results oriented, purpose driven, customer-centric side, as opposed to the care, security, and order side. If you get too high on care for yourselves, within your established walls, it can cause siloing and detachment from the here-now.
    Thank you for this. Making popcorn (again), 4 (or is it 5) years later...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Is the ski jump going to be built on top of the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Yes! He also needs to build Biathlon skis! I mean he'll already have all the guns!

This is the best business plan EVER!

At the end if the day it's value-added paradigm shifting disruption blue sky thinking with core competencies and deliverables that synergistically integrates right sizing based on both the deep dive drill downs and the 10,000 foot views.
    We actually have a biathlon course at our hill...just you wait.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    its interesting L hutz and I have brought up a local example of a local one man ski building operation

we are very familiar with the product all our buds are using these skis, they hold together
    Paranomal is a good example of whats possible from a small scale ski mfger using established best practises

and then here is 333 which seems to be an example of how NOT to do it

I kind of wonder why anyone would tie their horse to that busted wagon ?
    Well like I said before. We are going to learn the way that Michael thinks it should be done, if we see any flaws in the way he is doing it, we will then change the way it's being done. Things have changed since the days of 333 but not sure enough has changed to keep doing it his way. Only time will tell on that front. I spent some time in the factory this weekend and will be spending more time in the next few weeks pulling the team together so we can start the training process. The only true connection to 333/Community Skis will be that Michael built the tooling, after that it will morph and change as we see fit. I look forward to sharing the process with this group in hopes that you are willing to heckle and at the same time give good feedback as well. I know heckling is a given...but also know being helpful is also what many of you also want to be. Thanks for being helpful...it will go a long way and I look forward to sharing the bigger vision for this program soon. Stay tuned.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

What about triathalon skis?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    We are going to learn the way that Michael thinks it should be done, if we see any flaws in the way he is doing it, we will then change the way it's being done.
    Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the fact that most of his skis snapped in half is a pretty good indication that there might be some flaws in his method.

A-Epic troll?
    B-A good way to turn a big pile of money into a little pile of money?
    C-The second coming of Christ in ski form?

I've been told to always guess C if you're not sure...but come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Yes! He also needs to build Biathlon skis! I mean he'll already have all the guns!

This is the best business plan EVER!

At the end if the day it's value-added paradigm shifting disruption blue sky thinking with core competencies and deliverables that synergistically integrates right sizing based on both the deep dive drill downs and the 10,000 foot views.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. It's going to be crucial in this process to regularly do the cross functional reach out, stay locked in and close some gaps. He'll need to be able to do a reset when necessary. His numbers will be going the right direction when he can pivot with his strategy to meet the customer needs.

I just have one ask: stay more on the results oriented, purpose driven, customer-centric side, as opposed to the care, security, and order side. If you get too high on care for yourselves, within your established walls, it can cause siloing and detachment from the here-now.
    I do not doubt your commitments to Sparkle Motion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    A-Epic troll?
    B-A good way to turn a big pile of money into a little pile of money?
    C-The second coming of Christ in ski form?

I've been told to always guess C if you're not sure...but come on man.
    always be closing?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Apologies- just can’t stay away from this hot mess. Perhaps it’s the popcorn.

Who is this Michael?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Who is this Michael?
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Really?
    Really?

Apologies- just can’t stay away from this hot mess. Perhaps it’s the popcorn.

Who is this Michael?
    Hahahahaha!
    You're in for a treat dude!
    Popcorn not a bad idea!

I've got 0 comments on this latest venture. Wish you the best dude(Jarly)

i was just gifted a loan of credit and i'm very interested in your current venture.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    The short version, my 8-year-old son will grow-up in this factory so I will have all of these concerns factored into all of this. Ventilation will be very involved even with low VOC epoxy and power tools, well my own son has been using my chop-saw, pull-knives among many other tools since he was very little. That is the least of my concerns but yes, I do think about that often and thankfully we have plenty of time to work through all of those risks. It's not my money on the line thankfully but I do want to ensure all the i's have dots and t's are crossed. I will start a new thread soon and I look forward to you all following the journey. I have much to learn and thankfully I know some pretty knowledgable people to help me with the things I still need to learn and I won't be going it alone.

Excited to pull my team together and get building. The goal of this won't be the most amazing ski you have ever skied but the experience, but I sure do hope they are darn close. We have a small hill and a tight community so it will be a fun process which we all do together...starting with our very own RV row(of which I am a member). Stay tuned...HMS will come to life soon.

I really do appreciate the feedback and thoughts on how best to do this, I have done many things in my life but this will be my first ski factory. Your feedback and community support will be what makes this the best that it can be. Long-term I have big plans which I know many of you will really enjoy...I am also history buff with a large historical collection of skis so it will all come full-circle with this program.
    Jarly - have you toured any other ski factories to see their processes?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I think there’s a guy on here that used to do that sorta shit.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Will the cores be sourced from Lowes or Home Depot?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yes indeed I have. This is actually my biggest concern as it's not the standard way of building skis, just from the hole in the bottom of the ski, it's clear it's not standard(which is also a super easy fix and not sure why he is still using that system?!). FYI, I am excited to learn the way he currently does things, even if it isn't the right way to do it, I still want to learn. I will then take my lifetime in a ski shop and knowledge of how everyone else builds skis and see if we can do it better. Great news...if Michaels system is truly only good for school programs, we have a press waiting to move in. All is well and excited to figure it all out.

Regardless of my previous dealings with 333 I’m pulling for ya man- best of luck!

Looking forward to a tour once you are set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Will the cores be sourced from Lowes or Home Depot?
    I could provide cores.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Regardless of my previous dealings with 333 I’m pulling for ya man- best of luck!

Agreed, pulling for ya!

Let me know it chatting with the ExoticSkis.com crew is of interest. We may have some insights to share.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post

Looking forward to a tour once you are set up.

I could provide cores.
    We should chat...I know your love for this place and it will finally get your butt back up to the hill. Still have my number?

Agreed, pulling for ya!

Let me know it chatting with the ExoticSkis.com crew is of interest. We may have some insights to share.
    I would love to chat and love to see what you are doing as it was part of a business model I started a couple years ago with a focus on Handmade Ski companies. Stoked to find your site and see what you have been doing to promote outside of the big 10. Cheers!

If you want to see where Michael and Kristin are in their building process...these are the most current skis they have built using their system.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHsHvK3