Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    You get an A in math today.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks.

For a fresh start, and to erase any negative connotations associated with the original 333 brand have you ever considered changing the name of the company?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    The View. Locals will know exactly where this is, others will not. But if you know me then you know where I ski. Attachment 292321
    So you announce you’re trying to reboot a questionable brand with a sketchy history & then act like an ass when a potential costumer inquires about your product.

You will sell zero units.

Looks like Paoli Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's like regular ski pricing, but built in a partially equipped garage with scrap wood quality.
    No shit. I mean I guess if circumstances were different, it might be attractive pricing for "full custom" skis. But for $650, I sure as shit wouldn't expect "obvious concavities" all over the bases, etc. WTF? When 222 turned into 333, it was all: lessons-learned, product/materials-dramatically-improved, no-more-issues, etc., and...the 333's all blew up too. I'm all but certain it will be deja vu all over again with Community.

I'd rather stick my dick in a blender than buy these. But it''ll be interesting/entertaining to see how it all pans out.

So we are clear...this isn't "officially" in the news yet. Michael will have nothing to do with this once he trains the team. We will have a year to work with his system of building and during this time we will be getting rid of anything that doesn't work, make sense or at the very least, make the skis either look or ski like crap.

I expect the same as you would expect. For $650, or whatever we decide to sell the skis for, with low overhead and a small team, one should get a great ski they can enjoy for years to come. Any ski can break, I have broken my fair share in my life. If you don't change the oil in your car it too will break as some point, so set your expectations at a realistic level and all will be well.

This is the dream job, a chance to build skis at a mountain. To spend the next year building, testing and ensuring the bar is set as high as we can in this space, that is the goal. I have much to learn in this manner of building skis and I look forward to learning it then hope to make it even better. The holes in the base will not be there, any ski shop backroom tech could fix that issue years ago and still can't figure out why he still does that, but won't happen moving forward.

So, much work to do, many turns to be made first testing the skis when our own team and then we will go live with the program. This whole program will be much more than just building skis so stay tuned, FYI...I will be starting a new tread once the ball really gets going as I don't have to be attached to 333 or Community Skis, this will be it's own entity. Understand? I hope you do.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

So we are clear...this isn't "officially" in the news yet. Michael will have nothing to do with this once he trains the team. We will have a year to work with his system of building and during this time we will be getting rid of anything that doesn't work, make sense or at the very least, make the skis either look or ski like crap.

I expect the same as you would expect. For $650, or whatever we decide to sell the skis for, with low overhead and a small team, one should get a great ski they can enjoy for years to come. Any ski can break, I have broken my fair share in my life. If you don't change the oil in your car it too will break as some point, so set your expectations at a realistic level and all will be well.

This is the dream job, a chance to build skis at a mountain. To spend the next year building, testing and ensuring the bar is set as high as we can in this space, that is the goal. I have much to learn in this manner of building skis and I look forward to learning it then hope to make it even better. The holes in the base will not be there, any ski shop backroom tech could fix that issue years ago and still can't figure out why he still does that, but won't happen moving forward.

So, much work to do, many turns to be made first testing the skis when our own team and then we will go live with the program. This whole program will be much more than just building skis so stay tuned, FYI...I will be starting a new tread once the ball really gets going as I don't have to be attached to 333 or Community Skis, this will be it's own entity. Understand? I hope you do.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    So you announce you’re trying to reboot a questionable brand with a sketchy history & then act like an ass when a potential costumer inquires about your product.

You were the first to rip on it by calling it a shanty...I just posted a picture to say that we were not officially ready to announce where which means it's coming. There are a few folks on here who know me personally or at least about me so they will know where I ski. You are clearly not one of them which means you are not privy to that information. If you felt I was being an ass, that was not my intent. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Will the premier model be the "Jarlysnaps"?

Good luck in doing things better, weren't you brewing beer a while back?

I feel like somewhere in Oregon a big flock of crows (a murder, if you will) took wing all at once, cawing wildly as soon as this thread was bumped. They sensed the disturbance in the Force.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Thanks.

For a fresh start, and to erase any negative connotations associated with the original 333 brand have you ever considered changing the name of the company?
    I have the perfect name! 444 Skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Come on, it's pretty normal for companies that are not yet in business, that are just "teasing", to not announce important details. He doesn't have product yet, so there really is no such thing as a customer yet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Understand? I hope you do.
    Somebody’s getting hangry.
    Go have a couple wafercores, get that glucose into the friendly zone, take a lap, and meet us back here when your shanty can withstand a couple gentle whiffs of standard-issue interweb shit talk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Will the premier model be the "Jarlysnaps"?

Good luck in doing things better, weren't you brewing beer a while back?
    Thankfully I was never the brewer. After leaving the family business to raise my boy in the younger years, I took on a marketing role at a local brewery. I was asked often when I would start brewing but I worked with some of the best brewers in the country so I had no need. Happy to finally be back in the ski industry where I was born and raised.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Somebody’s getting hangry.
    Go have a couple wafercores, get that glucose into the friendly zone, take a lap, and meet us back here when your shanty can withstand a couple gentle whiffs of standard-issue interweb shit talk.
    Check and check. Shit talk all you want...I am too excited to get started to really let it get to me. Looking forward to a great burger and brew with my family soon...can this workday be over yet(Still working a 9-5 but ready to ditch that for ski making).

How about skis made for beer drinkers, by beer drinkers, out off broken beer bottles with melted beer cans for the edges.... You can call them.... wait for it......................

BrewSkis!

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Oh the irony...look at the post count.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 4.41.00 PM.png
Views: 639
Size:  101.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Maybe they should use a different material other than salted caramel wafer cookies.Attachment 292230
    And for the lightweight, bc core...

Name:  honeycomb2.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  211.9 KB

"Michael will have nothing to do with this once he trains the team." x 333

The new ex 333/Community ski company thread will be the 19/20 season low tide dumping zone.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Over the past 15 years or so I've followed a couple different decent skiers who ventured to make their own skis, pressing them in their garage or small warehouse workshops. Gotta say, none of thew results were anywhere near the quality and precision of a major or even mid sized boutique operation. Making GOOD skis is a lot harder than many think apparently.

Taking a full season to test is noble but probably not going to be enough. Even at a hundred pairs, the learning curve is still in the steep section, Not where a novice or intermediate belongs..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You were the first to rip on it by calling it a shanty...I just posted a picture to say that we were not officially ready to announce where which means it's coming. There are a few folks on here who know me personally or at least about me so they will know where I ski. You are clearly not one of them which means you are not privy to that information. If you felt I was being an ass, that was not my intent. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    No problem, rhetorical waxing ecstatic on my part. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have the perfect name! 444 Skis.Come on, it's pretty normal for companies that are not yet in business, that are just "teasing", to not announce important details. He doesn't have product yet, so there really is no such thing as a customer yet.
    This is a small community & as someone who’s imported skis & done the R&D to bring several brands / models to market, the best thing for this venture is to delete the thread, change the name & build buz around the new concept & AND TELL PPL.

You can’t toss on TGR that you can build skis somewhere on a home hill & not expect folks to want ‘beta’. Likely Mags will be the first customers.

Best of success with the venture.

Didn’t Lish set-up Pete Wagner’s original factory?

Jarly, I wish you no ill will, and hope it works out well for you. At the same, I hope you don’t get hurt too badly by this venture. By the look of it, it, significant money may have already been invested.

But I don’t see a compelling business model, and there are some glaring red flags. You say after Michael trains the new employees he is out. So, you are going to have employees with little to no experience other than this training, along with customers who probably also have zero experience, and they are going to build skis? What could possibly go wrong?

Normal ski construction methods involve some pretty toxic chemicals and materials which requires breathing and skin protection. Hope you have thought through the legal aspects of exposing your customers and employees to those risks.

If you are using other construction methods and materials that don’t aren’t as toxic, then you have to question if the skis will perform as well as conventionally built skis, and be as safe. The only reason the current ski companies use those toxic materials is that they have proven to perform well and not break very easily.

Again, I wish you the best in this venture, and hope it doesn’t turn out too costly if things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    If you are using other construction methods and materials that aren’t as toxic, then you have to question if the skis will perform as well as conventionally built skis, and be as safe. The only reason the current ski companies use those toxic materials is that they have proven to perform well and not break very easily.
    Thankfully I was never the brewer. After leaving the family business to raise my boy in the younger years, I took on a marketing role at a local brewery. I was asked often when I would start brewing but I worked with some of the best brewers in the country so I had no need. Happy to finally be back in the ski industry where I was born and raised.
    Instead of algae, have you considered using brewers yeast in the layup?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Didn’t Lish set-up Pete Wagner’s original factory?
    No no....Lesh set up the Bogner factory.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    No no....Lesh set up the Bogner factory.
    Like THE Bogner where I buy all my ski clothes?