Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Too bad T-Tips is dead. It was a real shitshow over there.
    way back machine??? Worth trying...I should actually try that.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    I knew all about it but the investor didn't and didn't really care. He had seen what was built at Bend High School and thought it was a cool idea so hired him. I had no idea and it was a surprise to me as well. Again, I am a forgiving person and like to see the best in everyone if at all possible. When I learned it was Michael Lish, THAT Michael Lish of 333/Community Skis, I was worried and excited at the same time. I have been busy raising a family and not working directly in the ski industry for the last couple years so I had not really kept my finger on the pulse but had hoped Michael had learned a thing or two about building skis since he first started this process, turns out he has not but still just as proud of the end result as he ever was. Call me an idiot all you want, doesn't change a thing at all, I was hopeful and sadly that hope was put into someone who really doesn's deserve it.
    idiot is a strong word I use rarely. Lish himself, fits the idiot profile, and possibly your investor. Your investor got duped, and aside from trying to push things along doesnt seem like you lost anything. Maybe time.....
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

333 IS BACK!!! "Community Skis"

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I was thinking it was in the actual magazine, but my memory was fuzzy, it's online: https://www.outsideonline.com/211992...ional-approach

That video is very well done (maybe the same one lucknau had referred to) and it's understanding how someone watching that might get duped if they didn't do more homework IMO.
    It was this one:
    https://youtu.be/ml5mJhhFJYI

I wanted fully narrated, start to finish process videos, so I googled

ski building

Then filtered for 20+ minutes duration, and a video of the place in Mammoth was the first result (still is). Well produced, for a YouTuber video. The one you linked was better produced. I don't think I saw that one.

Edit: I just watched it. Lotta slow-mo.
    Last edited by lucknau; 10-09-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    It was this one:
    https://youtu.be/ml5mJhhFJYI

I wanted fully narrated, start to finish process videos, so I googled

ski building

Then filtered for 20+ minutes duration, and a video of the place in Mammoth was the first result (still is). Well produced, for a YouTuber video. The one you linked was better produced. I don't think I saw that one.

Edit: I just watched it. Lotta slow-mo.
    god they look soo shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    idiot is a strong word I use rarely...
    Idiots everywhere appreciate your restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    Funny to be looking back on this...oh how I wish it was a joke or a bad dream. Sad to say that it wasn't a joke and now Lish has struck yet again. My goal moving forward is to do my part to ensure it never happens again. The proof is in the pudding and thankfully I took many photos to show the end results in his product which you can't hide. My day job is in marketing and SEO...that doesn't work out too well for him.
    When I saw this thread pop up, I immediately thought of my post from months ago. I still stand by the sentiment. Sorry you went for the ride, but geez...how many 3rd chances can a guy get, and you gave him a pass. I would’ve walked immediately. People like Lish don’t “come to Jesus”...ever.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Hey Jarly there’s a kid at Sisters High School that recently built his own skis. He was in the paper a couple of weeks ago - Student of the Month. Maybe he can help you get going again.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

How Moment builds skis:

there's a guy in Gear Swap looking for some skins for some new 333 skis he just picked up.

heeheehee

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    there's a guy in Gear Swap looking for some skins for some new 333 skis he just picked up.

heeheehee

Does he think the skin adhesive will hold them together?!

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

heeheehee
    if he's only going UP, should be fine...its the down that seems to be the real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    if he's only going UP, should be fine...its the down that seems to be the real issue.
    Go down with the skins still on maybe..?

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Go down with the skins still on maybe..?
    On the down: swap out skins for a roll-and-a-half of duct tape - better glide that way

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    On the down: swap out skins for a roll-and-a-half of duct tape - better glide that way
    Glide builds speed, speed builds forces, forces breaks skis. Keep speed low, keep skins on!