Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bad timing for a Marker Duke pre-release...

Serious shit eating. Glad to hear you're o.k. Worst bail I ever had was a pre-release. Ever since I keep my DIN cranked up but this is of course, a double edged sword.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    bode would have missed the trees.
    Hey look, you're a cunt in every thread!
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Hey look, you're a cunt in every thread!
    Originally Posted by spook
    bode would have missed the trees.

Not defending Spook but this seems to be 1)most likely true (dudes a monster) 2) slightly sarcastic and 3) mildly amusing....
    Seems like no matter where I go it's already Turked out...

Damn, glad you're alright. Nice of the pre-release ski to stay close by. Thanks for the POV.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

12 is high as it is, I'd check the set up,
    You weren't hooking anything massive or going Mach 3 speeds and creating serious edge angles, I'd not be happy at that pre release
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

damn! glad you're ok.

scary end to the footage - which indeed looked smooth just until.

Speed kills. Ouch.
    The Passion is in the Risk

You should check the forward pressure screw. I've had to reset that (increase) on Marker Royals after they've been skiied.

You what your ski? Go get it.

Holy shit, that was scary. Glad you're okay, man.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I was able to shut the ski down out of the left turn, straighten it out, and barely initiate a right/check just before impact which probably saved my ass. If you look at the tracks when I look uphill you can see the tail of the ski (and then my forearm) probably took the brunt of the initial blow. Growing up, my brother and I used to finish up the day at Crystal by leaving one ski at the top of 9 and running laps on one ski - definitely helped out yesterday. First time trying it in windbuff though. heh
    training in Wa. was such a good idea! thank your parents.

Holy shit! That could have been so much worse.

This is exactly why I no longer ski and instead sit comfortably in my Mom's basement making snippy comments on the intertoobz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    10 at the shop, run em at 12, found my knee is still comfortable there, heels I run at 13 to reduce forward release when landing in deep snow, as I had some problems at 12.

Thanks for the tip on the AFD degradation. I think there might have been a snow issue too, the stuff was very cakey that day. Running AT soles on the Cochises, so not sure how that might affect things.

Any tips on teaching the gf that trick?
    At 12/13 you should not be coming out. I'm over 200lbs geared up and have my Dukes set on 14. I've pre-released (double E) once and that was landing into a truck size snowdrift that I thought was less dense than it was. Check your forward pressure.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

My 175# son prereleased in Extra Chute with his duke's at 16. No injury but he had to buy beer for everyone on patrol since he was in uniform when he did it.

scary....

Glad you are relatively OK. Glad that wasn't a stand of larger trees.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

looks like you hit some traverse line b4 blowing out. Never had a pre-release with my dukes. This stuff is the reason my new 2012/2013Dukes sold for 300$. Sorry Im a little bitter about the resale market in general.