carpet repair / puppy help

Just got a puppy and he took it upon himself to help tear up a bit of the carpet in our rental. He just pulled the threads out, the backing is still in place.

I wanted to know if there is any way to repair it? Would rather not inform my landlord unless absolutely necessary. Its weird, he is only fixated on this one spot in the carpet... we have had to cover it up so he can't get to it. Any advice on that front?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000786.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	132214
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000787.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	132215
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

1. Find blonde.
    2. Harvest pubes.
    3. Glue in place.
    4. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    1. Find blonde.
    2. Harvest pubes.
    3. Glue in place.
    4. Profit.
    Figured glue might work but didn't know for sure.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

if you have a bit of spare you can cut out a patch and glue down the new piece with fairly good results depending on the area. i did this on a stair in our apt when we first got our dog. couldnt even tell it was patched

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    if you have a bit of spare you can cut out a patch and glue down the new piece with fairly good results depending on the area. i did this on a stair in our apt when we first got our dog. couldnt even tell it was patched
    Good idea and I'll have to dig around for awhile but I doubt I'll be able to find enough to patch. If that isn't possible is there another solution?

1. Find blonde.
    2. Harvest pubes.
    3. Glue in place.
    4. Profit.
    Awesome.....first laugh of the morning

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    Good idea and I'll have to dig around for awhile but I doubt I'll be able to find enough to patch. If that isn't possible is there another solution?
    Nope. You should be able to find a close match at a carpet store. Then remove a small piece out of a closet to fix what the dog did and then put the piece that is close in the closet. No one should notice the switch a roo.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

1. Find blonde.
    2. Harvest pubes.
    3. Glue in place.
    4. Profit.
    It might take checking out a few blondes to find the right shade to match the carpet...PM me if you need help with the search.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

looks like a cut loop no?

you could go around the edges by the baseboards and "harvest" some pieces... should look like a V with a glue dot at the vertex, then you can glue them in place with superglue. you'd need quite a few and it would take awhile.

a nice square patch would be ideal, cut out the backing around the hole and glue in the new patch... might be able to grab enough for a patch under the baseboards or around the stairs also, sometimes it is tucked in a bit behind the tack strips and you could gain enough for a little square or at least do it in 2 strips?!?

check inside closets too, could cut a little square out of the corner of a closet pretty inconspicuously...

edit: liv2ski nailed it on the closet - he must know a Realtor or 2!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    edit: liv2ski nailed it on the closet - he must know a Realtor or 2!
    Nope, landlord. Just the kind of shit I look for
    J, will be in Tahoe 3/30-4/5. Hope you will be around so we can do some skiing. I'll try and rest up this time, so I am not gassed when we hit it
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We're going to need some pictures of the culprit.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    We're going to need some pictures of the culprit.
    Here ya go.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000644.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	132266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000618.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	132267  

God damn that is a cute puppy. Aussie?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    God damn that is a cute puppy. Aussie?
    Yes indeed, a miniature.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Nope, landlord. Just the kind of shit I look for
    J, will be in Tahoe 3/30-4/5. Hope you will be around so we can do some skiing. I'll try and rest up this time, so I am not gassed when we hit it
    for sure!

let me know your schedule when you get up here - I'm stockpiling Shell Skifree vouchers again!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    Here ya go.

He looks guilty as hell!

There was probably something spilled on that spot or maybe another animal marked it at some point and that's why he's fascinated with it.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Cute as [and by the looks of it as small] a button.

Carpet looks like an inexpensive loop you might find at the bigg box stores or local large volume dealer, aka generic rental rug. Might be worth finding an installer to fix it for you, I have "patched" carpet before and it is not easy to get right, especially low loop. After it is fixed your vacuum will live to fuck you over with pulled threads.

Good luck
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

oh shit don't let my wife see those pics

Second having an installer do it. They have carpet tape that can secure it to the surrounding field rather than gluing it to the floor, which won't work since the original ain't glued down AND it's sitting on pad. Ask around.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    oh shit don't let my wife see those pics
    iceman's wife has a thing for carpet munchers?

it depends on the location, if its in the middle of the floor, yea go pro to get it installed, but a tucked away location glue and such should be a reasonable fix