Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That has to be a troll.
    Yeah, I'd like to upgrade my bike so I can crack the frame when I case another jump.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Today’s gem.
    I really can’t wait to see where this one goes.

“This is somewhat of a cross post from the So. Cal. section:

I thought I’d share the stupidity with you guys. Maybe I’ll get lucky and this effing idiot will read this. Sometimes I take a short connector trial from Felton Street, up over the hill and onto Potrero Road before I go down into Sycamore Canyon, in Newbury Park. It’s a pretty non technical, sometimes flowy trail with a couple steep rocky sections. Today I decided to take a short ride, and ride over to Potrero and then ride it back to Felton. On the way back I came around a corner before the steepest rockiest section and there was a guy riding a mountain bike, pulling his son up the trail with a motorcycle tie down. His son was on a small kids mountain bike. Dad was on his right side of the trail, his son was on my side of the trail with the tie down spanning the middle of the trail. I wasn’t going fast. But, it was steep enough that I wasn’t going to be able to stop in time. Luckily there was enough room on the right that I was able to counter steer my way around the kid. And, then I hear, “you fucking asshole”. The first thing I thought was, what in the world did I do wrong? The second was, if I stop and engage this idiot, I’ll end up kicking his ass right in front of his kid. Which honestly, dad fully deserved, but the kid didn’t. So, I didn’t say a word and just kept going. Then, I thought about the mess it would have caused if I wasn’t able to get around the kid. I would have gone through the tie down, over the bars, dragging both of them down the hill. It wouldn’t have been pretty. And, a mile away is the paved and wide Black ***** hill in Sycamore Canyon that he could have towed his son up and down. I mean, I thought I had seen it all until today.”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That guy is a fucking tool. He’s also a moron. I remember a thread from 8-10 years ago where he insisted that (then) modern bikes with slack front ends needed to be ridden off the back. Presumably he imagined that he needed to counterweight more mass up front.

I'm impressed that a dad is towing his kid up a trail that is apparently so steep that it's impossible to stop while descending.

Oh, I am sure the thread has already devolved into ebike speculation.

Edit: just checked, not yet.

Last week they were finally solving the clipless vs flats debate.

This week they are tackling whether 20 year old bikes are just as good as today's bikes. https://www.mtbr.com/threads/20-year...hines.1218265/

Thank god they can finally provide definitive answers on these important topics so we can all move on with our lives!

You two trolling pretty good. Though love the guy talking shit on Remy riding clipless!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty snarky over there. But I have ridden with dozens and dozens of people from here, but only a handful from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I'm pretty snarky over there. But I have ridden with dozens and dozens of people from here, but only a handful from there.
    It’s about even for me. The northern Rockies aren’t all that well represented so I’ve run into people here and there and recognized them from their posts. I’m still friends with a few people who don’t post there anymore. I go through phases where I can’t be bothered to check in, and it feels like one’s coming. But most of my riding circle are not online at all.

I actually met SFO Tex on MTBR when he lived here. We palled around for a while but I lost touch with him when he moved to SLC.

A post like this is pretty much a daily occurrence on mtbr:

"Hey I'm an genius and I while I was searching google for deals found this website Rokshoxforxshop.com that no one has ever heard of before, and they have forks for 93% off msrp. They also sell furniture and leather goods. I looked up the address listed and it's a vacant lot. Has anyone ordered from them?"

Classic!

Another classic...does removing a few loose rocks from the trail constitute sanitizing it? But sidetracks into the more important argument of what is a babyhead, with its own companion thread.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/removin...heads.1222277/

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/baby-he...ition.1222303/

it's always funny seeing people take the trails they ride and then apply those rules universally.

There is such a variety in terrain, land management, moisture, culture, etc. among the different areas, the only answer that fits universally is "it depends"

Hell on the same trail, I have vastly different approaches to maintenance because one section is in old growth and another section is in a recent clear cut.

What is blatant "sanitation" for one area may be considered "routine maintenance" for another.

I feel for people whose riding is enlivened by a random cantaloupe-sized rock in the middle of the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm impressed that a dad is towing his kid up a trail that is apparently so steep that it's impossible to stop while descending.
    This.

I like to poke over there every once in a while to get some trail ideas or see what people are doing to their /insert my model bike here/ to customize it, etc..

Which, I know some bikes do OK with over-shocking, but they ask for every bike... like can I over shock my high tower and put a longer fork on it...

and surprisingly few replies say: you know SC makes that bike, it's called a megatower.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    A post like this is pretty much a daily occurrence on mtbr:

"Hey I'm an genius and I while I was searching google for deals found this website Rokshoxforxshop.com that no one has ever heard of before, and they have forks for 93% off msrp. They also sell furniture and leather goods. I looked up the address listed and it's a vacant lot. Has anyone ordered from them?"
    Dude fell for it. WTF makes someone think it is a good idea to buy from some random retailer you've never heard of after finding a deal online? LOL

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/gotta-l...#post-16015037