Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2017

Thread: MLB 2013

bitches, he may not sign but cano is in town talking money with the m's.
    maybe he doesn't give a fuck about broadway and just wants coin and peace
    b

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    maybe he doesn't give a fuck about broadway
    Or maybe he wants to hang with his Posse on Broadway with Sir-Mix-A-Lot

Cano is a hell of a player, but at what cost? He is 31, after all. You've got to figure he's got another four or five years of MVP caliber ball in him. How much is that worth?

felix and his crew are the m's best chance to land an all star player & 25$M per over 10.
    b

cano today saying, "not so fast."
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

...but has he said 'no bueno'?
    b

Looks like Seattle just up'd the offer to 10/240. Pretty sure that's going to lock him up. Bummed to lose him, but for that money and time, we've got to let him go. He'll probably be back anyway... When Cano turns 39, Seattle will remember that they're a small market team that can't afford to pay aging ballplayers $20m/year.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/12/...iners-contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Jay Z is a fucking idiot if he let's his first piece of meat sign for ........ Seattle. Like that's a place to build a "brand". Hey, nice town, great coffee, but there's a reason Ichiro came to NY. To maybe retire with a ring, right?
    good luck with ichy gaga and your history and all that bronx bomber shit. this is now and nobody but new yokals give a crap about spankee pride.
    b

He's an aging ballplayer at 31.

in 5 years the mets can have him
    b

good luck with ichy gaga and your history and all that bronx bomber shit. this is now and nobody but new yokals give a crap about spankee pride.
    b
    I dumped that into Google translate and got nothing.

I don't know how anyone can think this is bad for the Yankees. Would it have been good if Cano signed for 7/160? Yes. I could have even been good with 6/180. Losing Cano will hurt, but not as much as keeping him at this price. Signing up to pay $20+M to a 41 year old is asinine, and the FO knows it (through experience).

This is good for Cano, and horrible for the M's. If anything, the whole league will benefit from this deal, since the Mariners now have significantly less money to retain the talent currently developing on their affiliate teams. It's not out of the cards that the M's will further mortgage their future this year by trading Walker to get Price. If they were fielding a basketball team, 3 great players would still not be enough to ensure contention, and Hernandez, Price, and Cano cannot deliver 90+ wins all by themselves.

Will be interesting to see how slowly Cano runs to 1st in the rain in front of 8500 senior citizens.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Sour grapes, eh?

I'm just glad the m's are making moves. There's no salary cap and it ain't my $$$! Yea my cable bill will keep creeping up but it would have had cano signed anywhere else too.

They're trying to win now, which is a sight for sore eyes. Maybe having the Seahawks kicking ass next door lit a fire under their asses.

Quite a day in seatown, cano to M's, Petersen to UW.
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    Sour grapes, eh?

I'm just glad the m's are making moves. There's no salary cap and it ain't my $$$! Yea my cable bill will keep creeping up but it would have had cano signed anywhere else too.

They're trying to win now, which is a sight for sore eyes. Maybe having the Seahawks kicking ass next door lit a fire under their asses.

Quite a day in seatown, cano to M's, Petersen to UW.
    Sour grapes? Not really. It's interesting that you think this is a good move... From here, it looks like a redneck winning a Lamborghini. Sure thing to go nowhere good. Consider this - signing Cano just increased the M's annual payroll by 30%.
    Hugh Conway sucks

30% more than a relatively small payroll. And they aren't done. They're gonna go get (old man) Colon now. And I'll be pumped about that too. Once again, it aint my money so spend away! We are so sick of losing in Seattle that you can throw all reason out the window and slam the pedal down on all the new Lambo(s) we can get a hold of. Moneyball doesn't win championships.

So let's go out there, win 81 games next year and call it a success! (Won't really give a shit either way- if the 'Hawks take a super bowl it will tide us over for about 30 years).

I just don't get this salary game after the Pujols debacle, but, I didn't get it before, either. The owners are like constantly recovering crack heads who can't control themselves with the cable money they keep on getting. Someday there's going to be a real revolution when the non sports fan realizes how much they spend to support this bullshit.

Jay Z has now shown himself to be the lightweight, the amateur he is. Go ahead, Robbie. I'll miss you. For a time, you were arguably the best player in baseball on some days. Let's see how your accent plays in a white town like Seattle. It ain't the Bronx. You can forget about being loved on that loser team in nowhereville.

I just don't get this salary game after the Pujols debacle, but, I didn't get it before, either. The owners are like constantly recovering crack heads who can't control themselves with the cable money they keep on getting. Someday there's going to be a real revolution when the non sports fan realizes how much they spend to support this bullshit.

Jay Z has now shown himself to be the lightweight, the amateur he is. Go ahead, Robbie. I'll miss you. For a time, you were arguably the best player in baseball on some days. Let's see how your accent plays in a white town like Seattle. It ain't the Bronx. You can forget about being loved on that loser team in nowhereville.
    That's the problem, the owners are getting free money left and right, regardless of attendance, so they will piss it away as long as it keeps coming.

And hey, that last sentence was mean. We like people with accents, and I have lots of black friend.

Where are the pics from Florence, benny?

Soon. Post work in process.

Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    30% more than a relatively small payroll. And they aren't done. They're gonna go get (old man) Colon now. And I'll be pumped about that too. Once again, it aint my money so spend away! We are so sick of losing in Seattle that you can throw all reason out the window and slam the pedal down on all the new Lambo(s) we can get a hold of. Moneyball doesn't win championships.

So let's go out there, win 81 games next year and call it a success! (Won't really give a shit either way- if the 'Hawks take a super bowl it will tide us over for about 30 years).
    Small payroll is right. That's actually the point. Moneyball doesn't win championships, but neither does one player. Or two, or three. The reality is that you're not in the championship conversation. 80 wins would be a huge improvement. 90 would be a fucking revolution. You guys actually have some good things cooking that you'll never retain with $70M/year tied up in Cano, Hernandez, and Price (if you get him). Colon would be a decent option... That stem cell treatment worked like a motherfucker, and every team that's signed him since has figured they got the bottom of the tank, but the tank keeps proving to be deeper than thought. There are other guys out there like him - aging ballplayers with games left to be played and little to no market value. Those are the guys you should be targeting. Seattle carries a $75M payroll for a reason... Parking a couple of fancy cars in front of the trailer isn't going to sell the 15 million extra tickets you'll need to sell over the next 10 years to keep up on the payments.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Now THIS is sour grapes.

Personally I'm glad to see the M's go after Cano, but at the same time can't help but wonder if this will end up like A-Rod going to Texas. Even with deep pockets this is some serious dough.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    There are other guys out there like him - aging ballplayers with games left to be played and little to no market value. Those are the guys you should be targeting.
    I get your point - and don't disagree - but even aging guys seem to be commanding silly money this year. 38 year old Tim Hudson is getting $23/2.

Interesting A-Rod piece
    http://nymag.com/news/sports/alex-rodriguez-2013-12/

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Now THIS is sour grapes.

Personally I'm glad to see the M's go after Cano, but at the same time can't help but wonder if this will end up like A-Rod going to Texas. Even with deep pockets this is some serious dough.
    Yeah, I guess it is sour grapes. Another nail in the coffin that holds my enthusiasm for pro sports.

This is exactly like ARod/Texas, except Cano is maybe half the player ARod was at the time.

I get your point - and don't disagree - but even aging guys seem to be commanding silly money this year. 38 year old Tim Hudson is getting $23/2.

Interesting A-Rod piece
    http://nymag.com/news/sports/alex-rodriguez-2013-12/
    Tough to sign a bad 2 year contract... And making a move for a guy like Hudson, even at that price (Youkilis money? lol...) would make 1,000,000X more sense for the M's than the Cano deal. Whatever deals they do, the M's need to keep their team (and payroll) focused on developing and retaining above average ball players. When you've got a decent team put together at a price you can afford, then you can look to a couple of marquis players if you can get the right deal. This is the wrong team, the wrong time, the wrong player, and it sure as hell is the wrong deal.
    Hugh Conway sucks

the $$$'s coming out of nintendo may not be concerned how benny and stfu feel and are glad to spend some of the late nippon godfathers fortune.
    may he rip.
    spend the coin and they will come!
    b

the $$$'s coming out of nintendo may not be concerned how benny and stfu feel and are glad to spend some of the late nippon godfathers fortune.
    may he rip.
    spend the coin and they will come!
    b
    Seattle Marliners has a nice ring to it.
    Hugh Conway sucks