Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81
Results 2,001 to 2,017 of 2017

Thread: MLB 2013

maybe the NE corridor should have their own special big market benny league and the rest of this little country maybe could watch what bP considers the mecca of sports.
    hey benny, why can't a few billionaires spend fat coin here again? folks thinking only big market teams are the only ones allowed to overpay are jaded by their own clubs spending.
    more ways to pay the bills then just robbing the customer.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post

There are ways in which NYS lacks certain aspects of what made YS great, but I don't know anyone who wishes we still have the old building.
    :: raises hand ::

I totally miss the old stadium and think the new one, while cushy and blinged out, kind of sucks. The atmosphere is nowhere near the same and the moat of ridiculously overpriced seats at field level creates a weird disconnect from the action on the field. The old stadium was about baseball, the new one is about corporate $$ and sushi. I'd give anything to walk through the dark and dirty tunnels at the old stadium before coming out to the sunlit field - best feeling in the world (aside from skiing teh powders).

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    :: raises hand ::

I totally miss the old stadium and think the new one, while cushy and blinged out, kind of sucks. The atmosphere is nowhere near the same and the moat of ridiculously overpriced seats at field level creates a weird disconnect from the action on the field. The old stadium was about baseball, the new one is about corporate $$ and sushi. I'd give anything to walk through the dark and dirty tunnels at the old stadium before coming out to the sunlit field - best feeling in the world (aside from skiing teh powders).
    Interesting... I never sat close enough to the field to notice I guess. I always felt like I'd missed out on the real YS atmosphere, since I didn't go to a game until '79 or so.. I'm the youngest man in my family, and the only one that doesn't remember what it was like before the renovation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Yeah, born in '78 so I was never in the old stadium pre renovation, but I still loved that place. Upper deck for playoff games in the late 90's was amazing.

I agree with you PIL - seems to me they stopped just short of fence with barb wire to separate the haves from the don't have so much. It didn't feel as defined in the old YS.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    I agree with you PIL - seems to me they stopped just short of fence with barb wire to separate the haves from the don't have so much. It didn't feel as defined in the old YS.
    Anyone remember when they stopped letting people down to the infield who didn't have tickets? That's when I would say the change happened. And it so happens, the most expensive ticket I ever bought for anything (including plane tickets) was to sit in the infield at YS for the '98 ws.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

My experience is that Seattle is a very fickle sports city. People tend to be fair weather fans. I didn't hear anything about the Seahawks a decade ago and now that's all you hear about. Mariners fans are dwindling at the moment due to the team's shitty performance. Cano could be the shot in the arm the team needs--IF they start winning. But even the real fans are very unhappy with the team lately. Maybe if they can also land David Price...

I'm going to miss Cano. He can be a little streaky sometimes but the guy seems like a real leader and does everything on the field quite well.

That said, no one is ever worth ten years, but I hope it works out. Particularly if it comes at the expense of Anaheim. Everything about that team sucks.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

c'ept trout, he is the player.
    b

Mike Trout is a fucking stud. Can you imagine the hardon that akpm must have for this guy?

In other new, nice interview with Girardi on mlb network tonight. 7 mins, no break. Touches on most of the subjects, nothing groundbreaking. But he seems sincerely excited about how the team is developing. Nice to see that instead of last year's "that's our team and we're sticking to it."
    Hugh Conway sucks

In case no one has mentioned it lately, the Red Sox Suck

U of K basketball also sucks

As do all the Yankee haters
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Colin Cowherd sucks

And I am not impressed with a lot of people, all of whom suck

Face it, unless u have the irul seal of approval...you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Face it, unless u have the irul seal of approval...you suck.
    You know the saying, if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.