Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by srface_hoar View Post
    Rusty Gregory, CEO at Mammoth, has done a nice job killing the two AB bills sent to the Governor's office. We could use more spokes holes as well as a grass roots movement. I see nothing wrong with fucking with these people and going after it the political way as well.
    So you want to be an offline cunt. Kudos, douchebag.

reason #3,789 skiing sucks shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    So you want to be an offline cunt. Kudos, douchebag.

reason #3,789 skiing sucks shit.
    Wow, douchebag hiding behind a computer. I've seen your posts, and just what I expected. Now go away before your mommy finds out you are on the Internet again.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Wow, douchebag hiding behind a computer.
    Isn't that what you are planning to be to this guy? You know what teenagers do on the internet douchebag? They gang together and "fuck with people". Are you that stupid?

Spoken from the #1 douchebag cunt on the Internet

Hugh Conway Guest
    Spoken from the #1 douchebag cunt on the Internet
    $1,000 fines for skiing out of bounds are OK, but marking hazards inbounds makes it like "golf". Gotcha, douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Well yeah, it's kind of hard to be harsh on some poor guy who has lost his daughter and is trying to make sense of the world, and thinks he can improve it. ....
    this x 1000000000000000

you guys are fucked in the head, just give it a little time and this too shall pass. Nothing "horrible for the heart & soul of skiing" has come of Kennedy's and Bono's passings - and nothing will come of this. Anyone truly concerned with the industry would happily come to the table to discuss safety improvements.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    this x 1000000000000000

you guys are fucked in the head, just give it a little time and this too shall pass. Nothing "horrible for the heart & soul of skiing" has come of Kennedy's and Bono's passings - and nothing will come of this. Anyone truly concerned with the industry would happily come to the table to discuss safety improvements.
    I wish you were right on this on; however, this guy lost his daughter a couple of years ago and has already managed to get legislation passed through the CA Legislators only to be vetoed by two different Governors. It appears he will continue until he forces his will upon an industry.

I do feel for the guy. Losing a child would be a horrible thing to go through and would be my worst nightmare. I just wish his energy would go towards something more productive. When you read the case regarding his daughters death, you can see why Alpine Meadows won both the case and the appeal as there was no merit.

I agree that Dan Gregorie is probably just trying to make something positive come out of the tragic loss of his daughter, but "former ski patroller Dick Penniman, who has also been an expert witness in lawsuits against ski resorts" sounds like a total tool who's probably making a nice chunk of change preparing these inaccurate reports for the CSSSO. How much money do you think Penniman gets for allegedly traveling around to 25 ski resorts each winter and how much money do you think he'll make in the future as an "expert witness" with his CSSSO-enhanced reputation?

In addition, the 2010 helmet law they proposed was poorly written and would have required ski patrollers to act as cops, chasing kids around the hill, and then finding the parents, and then writing $25 tickets for violators. Oh, you say a ski patroller doesn't have the authority to write a ticket like that? OK, then every time they busted a kid without a helmet they would have to a real officer of the law come up to the resort and write it up with the ski patroller hanging around to act as a witness to the "crime". What a waste of time and money for all involved.

I hope that eventually the CSSSO will do some good for the ski industry, but using ambush scare tactics (watch the NBC news story) and proposing frivolous, unenforceable laws are not the way to do it.
    Last edited by sftc; 02-07-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: fixed a link
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    I agree that Dan Gregorie is probably just trying to make something positive come out of the tragic loss of his daughter, but "former ski patroller Dick Penniman, who has also been an expert witness in lawsuits against ski resorts" sounds like a total tool who's probably making a nice chunk of change preparing these inaccurate reports for the CSSSO. How much money do you think Penniman gets for allegedly traveling around to 25 ski resorts each winter and how much money do you think he'll make in the future as an "expert witness" with his CSSSO-enhanced reputation?

In addition, the 2010 helmet law they proposed was poorly written and would have required ski patrollers to act as cops, chasing kids around the hill, and then finding the parents, and then writing $25 tickets for violators. Oh, you say a ski patroller doesn't have the authority to write a ticket like that? OK, then every time they busted a kid without a helmet they would have to a real officer of the law come up to the resort and write it up with the ski patroller hanging around to act as a witness to the "crime". What a waste of time and money for all involved.

I hope that eventually the CSSSO will do some good for the ski industry, but using ambush scare tactics (watch this NBC news story) and proposing frivolous, unenforceable laws are not the way to do it.
    SB 105 was not just about helmets for kids. Resorts would have to put each and every sign on their trail map, they would have to prepare monthly injury reports to the state, and post their safety plan on their website. These are just some of the hidden requirements associated with AB 105. The kids helmet law was just the hook to get this passed.

By the way, guess who is funding Dick Penniman? You guessed it Dan Gregorie.

Hugh Conway Guest
    That "total tool" has been teaching avy classes for decades. See: threads on TGR. See testimony:
    http://iahs.info/redbooks/a162/iahs_162_0665.pdf

Dick Penniman is - ahem - a polarizing individual in the ski industry. You either really like him and what he does or you really don't. He's been an expert witness in ski area lawsuits for decades. I took an avalanche course from him a long time ago. He was a total tool.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Dick Penniman is - ahem - a polarizing individual in the ski industry. ...
    that's really common to guys named "Dick" - weird but true...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

That "total tool" has been teaching avy classes for decades...
    So what? Anthony Robbins has been doing his life coach crap for decades and Donald Trump has been a slum lord for decades....
    Just because a person may be successful in their field doesn't mean they aren't greedy tools in life.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

I did not like the helmet law. I did not like the ski safety proposals. I do not like the grading system.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Hate to be a voice of dissent (not really), but there does need to be a certain balance.
    A ski area that doesn't make every effort to mark hazards should not be allowing children to ski those areas without adult supervision.

While a 10' deep unmarked sinkhole is acceptable on a double black diamond run, I think we could all agree that would be unacceptable on a beginner run. Yet, beginners (children and adults) are allowed to access double black runs without any concern.

Similar to how you are required to obtain a "park pass" to access terrain parks (at least here in WA), then maybe it's not a bad idea to require a "black diamond" pass to access more challenging terrain, with more unmarked obstacles.

I just don't think the answer is as easy as "fuck these guys! Skiing is hardcore!"
    there should be a powder pass too so tards can learn how to ride without heelside scraping every chute they encounter.

Hugh Conway Guest
    So what? Anthony Robbins has been doing his life coach crap for decades and Donald Trump has been a slum lord for decades....
    Just because a person may be successful in their field doesn't mean they aren't greedy tools in life.
    ski resorts are now run by greedy tools in life in case you fucking missed it. Excuse me for cheering on shitbag on shitbag crime.

I don't like this plan - but this isn't the only force homogenizing and crushing natural skiing. It's as much the resorts themselves; the resorts would prefer not to have any liability for their homogenizing which is to me absolute fucking bullshit. Jesus Christ do you not remember this piece of sleeze:
    http://www.sfgate.com/politics/artic...ew-2710863.php

Hugh just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by bones get broke View Post
    Skiing is inherently unsafe....If skiing were inherently safe it wouldn't be fun. My local Mtn (unfortunately) is DMR and they have such a "safety first" attitude that it becomes annoying. Between the La Plata County Sheriffs, the Forestry Rangers, the 'Trollers and finally the speed checkers with their faggoty yellow jackets, it's hard to ski rowdy enough to even have a good time. I will admit that the incesant roping off of and bambooing of hazards does add an amount of sport to skiing.... it's an added degree of difficulty and street cred when you can clear that shit under the lifts.
    This.

So fucking much.

Getting yelled (or whistled at) is a god damn daily occurrence with the "Mountain Safety Patrollers"

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Hugh just stop.
    Blow me telemike. Asshole fests like this thread of shitbaggery and the Tahoe fuckwhit fest are why skiing blows. Like with the GSA most of the dumbfucks here are too clueless to realize.

buy a sled and forget all this bullshit !!!

its working a treat for our crew and everyone wants in on this game ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    buy a sled and forget all this bullshit !!!

its working a treat for our crew and everyone wants in on this game ...
    FUCK YEAH SPEND LOTS OF MONEY! ITS AWESOME! SLED SKIING RAWWWWWWKKKKKKKKSSSS

Blow me telemike. Asshole fests like this thread of shitbaggery and the Tahoe fuckwhit fest are why skiing blows. Like with the GSA most of the dumbfucks here are too clueless to realize.
    ok fine

I just don't get it.

I don't understand why EVERYTHING has to turn in to name calling and insults and such with you. I agree with you most of the time, but I don't get or appreciate the attitude.

I can't understand why you would say that to me. I thought we were "friends".

I also can't understand why you bother skiing or participating in a forum about skiing. If you don't like it so much, just stop.

sorry you can't have fun

adios amigo

Hugh Conway Guest
    Because there's some gems around here including some of your posts and your threads mike.

There's also lots of bullshit - and a thread about "fucking with people" is most definitely bullshit. I'd call that "personal" bullshit like a 100+ page thread dedicated to mocking some yuppie dude who looks like half of TGR or, well, plenty of the other mean-spirited douchebaggery here that's alot nastier than some online insults and bile

just stop

or

go away

...There's also lots of bullshit - and a thread about "fucking with people" is most definitely bullshit...
    Hugh, I never advocated fucking with any of the people involved with the CSSSO, I just think their direction is misguided and their propaganda is not 100% truthful. I also think Penniman sold whatever soul he had when he decided to pursue a career as an expert witness/narc for people who like to sue ski areas.

You also say that "ski resorts are now run by greedy tools in life in case you fucking missed it" and that's just bullshit. Many resorts may be owned by greedy tools, as are most businesses, but the majority of the people that actually RUN the resorts day to day are definitely not in it for the money. As they say the ski industry is a great place to make a small fortune, as long as you arrive with a large one, but a lot of the worker bees are out there busting their ass because they love to ski and ride more then the average 9 to 5 smuck who maybe gets 20 weekend warrior days in a year. I know Telemike ain't getting monetarily rich patrolling, but he loves his job, he loves to ski and his passion is infectious. In the game of life, he's one of the richest people I know.

It's a bummer that you're always so pissed off about everything. Maybe you should try and get out in the mountains a little more, it will probably help clear your mind of some of your bitterness and anger.
    # # #