Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    huh huh

huh huh

tall people problems

huh huh
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Two inches seatpost insertion???

You WILL break that frame. And good luck with warranty.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I’m just over here solving problems.

Californiagrown, you are a prime candidate for the Titec Scoper, my friend.

https://images.app.goo.gl/jjgNEaJCJZTL6CB48

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Focking shoulder season blues. This isn’t the only shitshow of a thread going on. Let it pour...

Regarding oneup v1, I was kinda salty about mine because it didn’t like to extend the final inch. Read on pinkbike that this was fairly common, seems like it’s more likely to happen if you’re clamping near the top of lower post—I have about an inch showing above the clamp. Contacted OneUp and they sent me an updated upper bushing. Not sure if the updated design ever shipped with the post or not. Old one is white with a lip at the top, new is gray with no lip. So far so good, post moves a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    Focking shoulder season blues. This isn’t the only shitshow of a thread going on. Let it pour...

Regarding oneup v1, I was kinda salty about mine because it didn’t like to extend the final inch. Read on pinkbike that this was fairly common, seems like it’s more likely to happen if you’re clamping near the top of lower post—I have about an inch showing above the clamp. Contacted OneUp and they sent me an updated upper bushing. Not sure if the updated design ever shipped with the post or not. Old one is white with a lip at the top, new is gray with no lip. So far so good, post moves a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you haven’t, taking it apart and cleaning and properly lining the internals helps a lot too.

Slow Brand X probably just needs air. Mine was low from the factory. Been completely happy with it other than that, especially for just over $100.

I'd be content cycling through Brand X posts for the money, but am really intrigued by the 210mm travel post from OneUp. If the EDC stuff is any indication of the quality of the post, I'd be willing to spend the extra $100.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Slow Brand X probably just needs air. Mine was low from the factory. Been completely happy with it other than that, especially for just over $100.

I'd be content cycling through Brand X posts for the money, but am really intrigued by the 210mm travel post from OneUp. If the EDC stuff is any indication of the quality of the post, I'd be willing to spend the extra $100.
    I am under the impression that my recent Brand X Ascend is not adjustable as to pressure; might be a new version? It works ok, better than the Reverb it replaced but overdamped and slow as a result. Curious about others' long term experience with the One-Ups.

Long version: I rented a Rocky Mountain Slayer for GBM one day this last week and the One-Up on that was less damped/lower pressure and I found it massively quicker and more predictable. Always went where I wanted it instantly without big adjustments to pedal forces.

Back on my regular bike the next day I found one case where I actually let up on the gas to drop 3 gears but left the dropper slightly down rather than raising it because I didn't expect it to get all the way up in the time allotted. Annoying. Not sure it was the right decision, and it wasn't even conscious, but I was in sync with the One-Up on day one and without being able to adjust this one (I'll look again, but pretty sure I checked when I first installed it) I'm wishing I'd dropped the extra $30 or whatever on the One-Up. My one other hope here is that the release lever isn't pulling the brake off as fast as I'd like and maybe that can be improved a little, but it's not like it's malfunctioning, so I'm not expecting a lot there.

Hmm, not sure. I've got an Ascend XL. I have to remove the seat and a dust cover to get to the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Thread has devolved into a physics discussion.

Here:
    http://web.mit.edu/4.441/1_lectures/..._lecture5.html

How much do you way Caligrown? we can do some simple calculations....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I am under the impression that my recent Brand X Ascend is not adjustable as to pressure; might be a new version? It works ok, better than the Reverb it replaced but overdamped and slow as a result. Curious about others' long term experience with the One-Ups.

Long version: I rented a Rocky Mountain Slayer for GBM one day this last week and the One-Up on that was less damped/lower pressure and I found it massively quicker and more predictable. Always went where I wanted it instantly without big adjustments to pedal forces.

Back on my regular bike the next day I found one case where I actually let up on the gas to drop 3 gears but left the dropper slightly down rather than raising it because I didn't expect it to get all the way up in the time allotted. Annoying. Not sure it was the right decision, and it wasn't even conscious, but I was in sync with the One-Up on day one and without being able to adjust this one (I'll look again, but pretty sure I checked when I first installed it) I'm wishing I'd dropped the extra $30 or whatever on the One-Up. My one other hope here is that the release lever isn't pulling the brake off as fast as I'd like and maybe that can be improved a little, but it's not like it's malfunctioning, so I'm not expecting a lot there.
    Got 1200 miles on my V1 OneUp, it’s been really good. It’s gotten sticky at the top of the return a few times but a quick lube of the top bushing fixes that up. Finally took it totally apart and did a full clean and lube and it’s like new. Took 15 minutes max, was super easy. Only had to top off the air twice. Never bothered with their lever, don’t like it. The Wolf Tooth is worth the extra $. Seems there’s a known issue with running the V1 at near max insertion making it sticky at the top of the return. Apparently the V2 addresses this, as does swapping to the V2 bushing. Might hit them up for that just cuz.

Got a OneUp V2 for Xmas and have some miles on it. Quality piece and works well. 210 drop is a beautiful thing.

Nicer than a Brand X across the board. If you have the extra $100ish, get the OneUp. If you're on a really tight budget, the Brand X is a solid post. Mine has been flawless other than having to add air when I first got it.

Jenson has the v1 Oneup on sale for $100 right now, though that's without a remote. BrandX is also on sale right now for $94 which just crazy.

I just got the new RAINIER GEN 3 DROPPER POST from PNW.

I have a whopping 1 ride on it, but for sub $225 with the loam lever, which is dope, I like the feel. I was nervous about the cable actuation, and we'll see how it holds up, but I like it. Not that big of a difference.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I have a Race Face Turbine for sale (really a Fox Transfer Performance) for sale, brand new, for $159.00. I might have a fox lever for it, not sure. But I think you can find levers for ~$35.00.
    150mm, 30.9.
    Very fair deal.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident