Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I've been offered money for sex from men
    Hahahaha awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Marshall? or MacArthur? Wasn't MacArthur first in his class at West Point?
    Marshall. Mac was #1 I think and please don't get me started on how wonderful he was during WW2 and Korea. I was commenting more on what Marshall believed a General officer should be.
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 02-04-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Marshall. Mac was #1 I think and please don't get me started on how wonderful he was during WW2 and Korea.
    and how great he was burning out veterans at Hooverville, and telling Truman to go fuck himself.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Did you ever serve in the military?
    Did you?
    Live Free or Die

Hugh Conway Guest
    Marshall. Mac was #1 I think and please don't get me started on how wonderful he was during WW2 and Korea. I was commenting more on what Marshall believed a General officer should be.
    Ahh, cool, wasn't sure what you meant by that. Interesting to look at how things have changed. I mean, would you expect to ever see two West Point football players make major general ever again?:
    http://www.shorpy.com/node/12398

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Did you?
    Ha. No I didn't. Just wanted to listen to him squeal and squirm.

Love it when the 95% of Americans who have never even been near a drill sergeant get all blubbery about the military when they're a million miles away from it.

I would live to hear a few "insurgents"chime in here about that wonderful little devil name that sold him so many books. Yeah, right. Also, how many of his kills were really "insurgents", or just innocent civilians thought to be"insurgents".
    Die by your own sword, indeed. It's a bit much how an executioner can profit from such a lowly profession.
    This post just screams douche. Bitter the guy made money on his book. Disregarding the guy's service to the country whose policy he did not control. Ignoring the guy's efforts to help vets suffering from PTSD. Using "die by your own sword" when he was gunned down ~10,000 miles away from the type of combat situation he used lethal force in.. while trying to rehab a fellow soldier at that.

He operated with an ethic that's dramatically higher than the despicable shits he hunted. The asymmetry in rules of engagement between the two sides is appalling, you ever think about the discipline it takes to operate in that sort of environment (as it appears he did)?

Love it when the 95% of Americans who have never even been near a drill sergeant get all blubbery about the military when they're a million miles away from it.
    Or the Americans that allow that distance to dilute their appreciation and respect for the military.

Somebody else that probably didn't serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    you ever think about the discipline it takes to operate in that sort of environment (as it appears he did)?
    Ethics are relative.... strapping a suicide vest on could be considered disciplined....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So he took a mentally unstable veteran to a shooting range?

Somebody else that probably didn't serve.
    nice rebuttal Benny. Because I didn't serve I can't comment on the situation. You didn't serve either but you can not only comment but mock a guy that got shot by someone he was performing charitable work for.

Your head aint right.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Ethics are relative.... strapping a suicide vest on could be considered disciplined....
    While that's true, using women and children as either bombers or human shields for weapons caches and defensive positions is why I made that statement. Not to mention using those vests to bomb markets and plazas merely to terrorize the population. On a policy level you can say the US via drones has terrorized NW Pakistan, etc. That's a valid argument, but it has nothing to do with Chris Kyle.

^ the opinion tree has branches on both sides of the fence.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    ^ the opinion tree has branches on both sides of the fence.
    Keeps Fox news and MSNBC in gravy.

my wife gets mad when I watch fox news. I say it's strictly for entertainment value.

Keeps Fox news and MSNBC in gravy.
    great, now we are 2 metaphors deep, headed towards "inception" territory...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    great, now we are 2 metaphors deep, headed towards "inception" territory...
    The Daily Show?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    So he took a mentally unstable veteran to a shooting range?
    some serious questions there. Sad end to him regardless given his intentions of helping the guy. Given the way they love Chris Kyle down in Texas they should probably get some serious security for the guy, that is until he fries.

Well, one wonders about the mental state of a man who brags about gunning down over a hundred people, including women and children.

If I could hit anything from 2100 yards out, Id probably brag as well.
    Live Free or Die

he'll be ok, going to get three sq. meals and plenty of attention now.
    rip CK

If you had read his book like I said, you would know he had PTSD.

Well, one wonders about the mental state of a man who brags about gunning down over a hundred people, including women and children.
    Being that neither you or I were in the situations he was in, and given the known depths of the opposition's tactics in the conflict, it seems reasonable to leave that sort of judgement to the courts. Kyle's line of work is pretty personal as well, it's not like he was carpet bombing. As high profile as he is, any sort of gross misconduct would probably have surfaced by now.

I have a friend who's been a seal since around '06 and have no clue what he'd do in real life. He's a sick athlete, smart, but not built for the office. I don't blame Kyle for trying to give his future some security by doing the book. He's a trained killer, where does he fit in?

Wiki list of medals.

Second Battle of Fallujah
    Silver Star Medal (2)
    Bronze Star Medal (Valor; 5)
    Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (1)
    Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2)

This was not an evil dude. I haven't seen any footage of him bragging about killing kids and women, or bragging at all. Acknowledging, telling, describing =/ Bragging.

If you had read his book like I said, you would know he had PTSD.
    at least he died doing something that caused him great psychological distress?

What I meant was, just writing and publishing something like that is a little warped. But, as said above, that's the kind of world we live in. The real crazies go all Aurora on us. This guy had a license, and he was looking for a screenplay deal, no doubt.