Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Patrol can't sell sodas? The characterless pettiness of corporate skiing never ceases to amaze me.

On that note. I vote for the monorail and a tunnel system to avoid the snowy passes. I love the 88 area and am glad I'm not the only four season fan. Keep it real, Keep it fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkwellian View Post
    The part you cant get into without down climbing with safety. Thats a beautiful face but not skiable for 99% of BC skiers.
    Um, you do realize that Vail caters to the 1%, right? So, it must be a shoe in.

And be careful what you say about Father Vail. They are always listening.

And if you really want to get into it, they used those leaking Cats to make superfluous spur roads in the side country, when they need only one to access MP. So there is now diesel all over there as well. But if you go to their FB page it is easy to see the typical customer thinks it is silly that you would worry yourself over such things. I mean, if the powder is good, and the PR is cool, why should you give a shit about oil in the forest.

But I didn't say that. It was someone else logged in as me. I have a family.

Hey did anyone mention the $30M interconnect w/PG&E? On the upside -- that would get rid of the diesel gen sets and decrease the emissions in the valley...

I wonder if they know that spilling diesel is a crime and doing knowingly is a felony, as in jail? It's a shame to go to the headwaters of the Sierra and dump toxic waste in the worst place possible. Thank Vail!

That has been in the works for thirty years. Nothing to do with Vail.

Kwood patrol could sell t-shirts rather than soda - that is what patrol does at other resorts (Taos, Heavenly for sure). Probably a squeaker at a corporate desk decided that patrol competing with the other food venues wasn't a good idea. As Hugh mentioned - a rather stupid nit for corporate to worry about.

Regarding the spilling of diesel and hydraulic - last I checked, a corporation is just a bunch of paperwork. People can spill diesel and not maintain machinery but a bunch of legal documents can't. Some penny pushers may not be allocating enough resources for proper cat maintenance - but at this point it would be difficult to determine if the fault lied with the previous management or Vail. Probably plenty of blame to spread.

And 30 years is a fucking long time to get connected to the grid. Talk about heel dragging - if that shows the previous management's idea of efficiency, they were doing a great job of competing with our government. How to do as little as possible in as long a time as possible. Vail may put Kwood in a spiral dive down into the abyss. And they may not. In 10-20 years, some will long for the good 'ol days pre-Vail and others will be happy with the mountain. Most won't notice.

actually, corporations are people too.
    And given that Vail took over in February of 2012, and there was an entire off-season to maintain the cats, i think that Vail would get the blame there.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    actually, corporations are people too.
    And given that Vail took over in February of 2012, and there was an entire off-season to maintain the cats, i think that Vail would get the blame there.
    I take the ticketed person's view.

Having been to Kwood for several years prior to Vail takeover - there was plenty of diesel crap/smell on the cat tracks before. This isn't a problem that came up overnight. Maybe the diesel problem is worse now. Hard for any of us to say. Like I said, I'm sure there is plenty of blame to assign to both Vail and the previous management.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I believe patrol does sell dog t-shirts in the general store.

I strongly disagree that most people won't notice; many have noticed the changes of the last 5 and 10 years and Kirkwood needs to change one way or the other.

And jesus christ wtf is up with their hotel pricing?

I know. Rooms are so cheap the entire top 5% can afford to stay there.

On the bright(er) side I have it on high authority (stoned parking monkey) that they have relaxed their stance on sleeping in the lot. Timber Creek is where they have been told to direct car campers...I don't think this holds true for RVs, though.