Don't worry about the gopro epidemic

The future is buzzing:

http://liliputing.com/2013/01/mecam-...our-phone.html

Little buzzing drones following gapers on flat runs. At least we can swat them with a pole.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Imagine a big lineup at Killington or Vail with dozens of those things buzzing around. Yikes.

But hey, $49.

A tennis racket might become a part of the essential inbounds kit.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

^That's funny shit! I bet that thing doesnt do well with any sort of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    A tennis racket might become a part of the essential inbounds kit.
    I think an avy shovel would do the trick. Two birds, one stone.

I see a swarm of video locust foretelling the coming of the Snowpocalypse

If that could keep up with a fast skier for a good run that would be pretty cool. I expect it will be designed for pedestrian speeds though.

I see two problems

One is the skier would be too fast, and the other is that it couldn't go into a glade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    If that could keep up with a fast skier for a good run that would be pretty cool. I expect it will be designed for pedestrian speeds though.
    If the run you're skiing is steep enough, it shoudl be able to keep up. Horizontal speed requires power but losing elevation shouldn't. The sensors and processing power to follow you at speed might prove to be a bit out of the things capabilities though.

Thing is kinda cool, but I cannot imagine it actually working well enough to be anything more than a novelty. first time one flies into someone there is a huge lawsuit too. I doubt it can follow far enough away to be good for skiing.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 02-01-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

This thing will make peeping toms pretty happy though.

Jesse Hachey • 6 days ago

The way I see it, this product could be very popular once the marketplace for it experiences its true effect.

The ULTIMATE use for a device such as this would be to mimic the way RPG games have cameras that follow their characters around. If this device was used in partnership with a fully immersive eyewear set (aka, not Google Glass), you would be able to forego using your eyes to navigate the world around you, and rely on the eyes of the camera, floating above you.

However, the funny part about this is that we as human beings psychologically when playing camera-following-player games have a tendency to want our characters to move faster than walking pace, because we can see them moving and see how fast they are going. If we know the character can close a distance in a shorter time, we do that, as it rarely results in consequences (unless the game has a stamina meter built in). Most games will allow you to 'jog' infinitely. Would a setup like this recreate this need in the real world? It would be very cool to find out!

Share ›

Money Loo Jesse Hachey • 5 days ago

Why on earth would I want to forego my eyes to use my eyes to see a third person, shittier quality optical version of myself from aforementioned third person?

Share ›

hahahah, wtf?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think an avy shovel would do the trick. Two birds, one stone.
    Better distance with the racket.

Service!
    No kick turns
    No mercy

This looks like a good one to get, only ten min. flight time tho

http://store.apple.com/sg_smb_5200/p...e-2-0?fnode=6f

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    I see two problems

One is the skier would be too fast, and the other is that it couldn't go into a glade.
    It couldn't go into a clearing?

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    It couldn't go into a clearing?
    Shut your dirty whore mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Work out a deal with me. I need to look into what they are worth. I know a few peeps that might like then for some video. Are they the newest? i have lots of old sruff that is pretty nice in my opinion. If you have something to trade let me know. You know I'm a straight trader,I'm not enyone you have to worry about. My word is gold. Its not like I just popped up yesterday.

dragonfly drone that is going into production