Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Damn! This is almost as much fun as if Highway Star was in the house. Carry on..

Quote Originally Posted by m9443a View Post
    I'm an avid snowboarder(female) and am buying my first ski setup. Lost on what flex to get. I'm an aggressive snowboarder and run stiff boots. I'm optimistically thinking I'll progress pretty quickly on skis so I don't want to go too soft. I'm about 130lbs but have strong legs, debating between the Atomic Hawx Prime 95s and 105s. Anyone got any advice?
    Hi I am also a lady.

Get a 110 flex in a performance fit (a half size smaller than your direct shoe size conversion)

And expect it to take like 5 days on the mountain before they really get broken in. Then they'll perform well and be comfortable enough.

It helps to warm them up with the car's heater on your drive up the mountain.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ah crap now I wonder where the run of death is. Do you need to sign a waiver to ski it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Some good advice in this thread so far, and also some strange banter about a ski-off (?)

The Full Tilt boots, now K2, do have the option to change the boot flex by changing the boot tongue, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Ah crap now I wonder where the run of death is. Do you need to sign a waiver to ski it?

I thought it was Mountain Run at Palisades on a Saturday afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Anybody know the fate of the K2 Luv women's ski boot series? Are they just under a new name now?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

I thought the death happened if one slid off the ribbon.

Otherwise yes, I have skied the K-12. It's pure snow.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

This thread delivers. Fuck the Nekkid pics. Bushy showed up to spew more bullshit. Best day in two years!!!

I offered to go ski that shit then and I’ll offer it again. Bushy you dolphin turning pole strap on, let me know when there’s enough snow and I’ll be up. I’ll send half the winnings out to TBS

Quote Originally Posted by m9443a View Post
    I'm an avid snowboarder(female) and am buying my first ski setup. Lost on what flex to get. I'm an aggressive snowboarder and run stiff boots. I'm optimistically thinking I'll progress pretty quickly on skis so I don't want to go too soft. I'm about 130lbs but have strong legs, debating between the Atomic Hawx Prime 95s and 105s. Anyone got any advice?
    Advice.... and repeating what some have said above.

Go to the best bootfitter nearest you that understands alignment and performance.

If you have gobs of money to blow then start in a soft flex boot with a soft ski. Go ski easy stuff: greens and blues. Quickly progress past the limits of your gear.

Visit bootfitter again. This time get high performance boots with an appropriate flex to provide enough suspension so you don't blow through the travel and 'bottom out' the natural flexion of your ankle and plenty of lateral stiffness for performance. Stiffness of the boot will depend on how fast you ski, and your weight, strength, and anatomy.

Boot alignment is key. A soft boot will allow more forgiveness of poor alignment, but also less power transfer for high performance skiing; IOW think driving a 4x4 vs a Porsche. A stiff boot with poor alignment will result in you feeling like the boot is forcing you into poor form; a fight you will lose quickly due to fatigue.

Welcome. Hopefully you learn to love the bullshit posts I'm between the useful.

Hey Bushy! Where is the run of death? LESS GEAUX Beyotch!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Advice.... and repeating what some have said above.

Go to the best bootfitter nearest you that understands alignment and performance.

If you have gobs of money to blow then start in a soft flex boot with a soft ski. Go ski easy stuff: greens and blues. Quickly progress past the limits of your gear.

Visit bootfitter again. This time get high performance boots with an appropriate flex to provide enough suspension so you don't blow through the travel and 'bottom out' the natural flexion of your ankle and plenty of lateral stiffness for performance. Stiffness of the boot will depend on how fast you ski, and your weight, strength, and anatomy.

Boot alignment is key. A soft boot will allow more forgiveness of poor alignment, but also less power transfer for high performance skiing; IOW think driving a 4x4 vs a Porsche. A stiff boot with poor alignment will result in you feeling like the boot is forcing you into poor form; a fight you will lose quickly due to fatigue.

Welcome. Hopefully you learn to love the bullshit posts I'm between the useful.

Hey Bushy! Where is the run of death? LESS GEAUX Beyotch!

^actually a smart informative post.

McRib Farewell Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    ^actually a smart informative post.
    Oh my God you are an insufferable douche aren't you?

"Actually"?

I don't belive in violence as a solution but I have an overwhelming urge to slap you in person for some reason.

Actually for no good reason.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post

"Actually"?

I don't belive in violence as a solution but I have an overwhelming urge to slap you in person for some reason.

I can think of 741 reasons. (Probably more by the time you read this.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can think of 741 reasons. (Probably more by the time you read this.)
    That sounds like a thread we should make.

That sounds like a thread we should make.

I just did.

"Actually"?

Want my address?

you hack

"Actually"?

I mean everyone else wants to shit post, This guy actually gave good info.

where should I meet you. I let you slap me, then I will end you you asshole.

Okay, enough joshing around, none of this mattas anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Underappreciated post right there

Snorted too funny

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Dilly Dally Alley. It sounds like a child's run. Lol
    DDA appears to have the same pitch as the Pudwacka Run of Doom
    But DDA usually has the added degree of difficulty of being at most 6’ wide, with me trying to sweep the kids littered everywhere, and Melody bearing down on my ass piloting a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    This thread delivers. Fuck the Nekkid pics. Bushy showed up to spew more bullshit. Best day in two years!!!

I offered to go ski that shit then and I’ll offer it again. Bushy you dolphin turning pole strap on, let me know when there’s enough snow and I’ll be up. I’ll send half the winnings out to TBS
    Thanks, but keep the winnings, or donate to your regional adaptive sports org.
    Make sure to GoPro your trip down the Run of Doom

I would think twice before you meet him for a ski off... he might feel threatened by something you say (or by losing the ski off) and then try to kill you.

You never offered, in fact you said you would not do it. . Another person full of talk. DOes lying make you feel better about yourself?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PM to So Vt joey.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	434653

Name:  SO VT joey.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  44.6 KB

Just to be clear Joey declined to come here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	So Joey.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	434655

are we just telling fibs to pile on now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Can someone not recommending stiff boots in this thread tell me why boot flex is better than making sure the binding/boot are aligned right and we can adjust forward pressure using our knees,hips and spines?

I have some 130 Panterra and some 130 Mach 1 MV , they are aligned exactly like my highly modiefied Kr2 pros(double plug in back and carbon slats epoxy in the side) and my DRS 170s and they wear me the fuck out skiing them. I am convinced being able flex your ankles is a scam at this point and just band aid to fix poor equipment alignment.

Someone objectively prove me wrong with out resort ing ad hoc, or strawman or acedontal account of Cody townsend talking about how people are over boot with out him stating any objectivity why a stiff boot aligned correctly is an issue.

For reference I have no issue skiing in a boot I literally can not flex.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZczsKuAspG/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZuyRoMrcaO/

Please post video of you skiing in soft boot so I have reference to your skill level.
    Oooh oooh! Some stiff awkward mogul skiing and then some backseat a-framing down a gladed run. And is that another double pole plant I spy?

Good stuff!
    focus.