Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IT'S BACK!!! SNOWMASS ENDURO JULY 12-14

Greetings all!

We are happy to announce the return of the Master of the Mass Snowmass Enduro July 12-14. We are excited to be right after the NEW Big Mountain Enduro in Keystone, CO. 2 weekends of kick-ass enduro racing at its best. More info coming soon, but here are a few highlights for the Snowmass Enduro:

---4 stages
    ---XC stage will be all new and will avoid the Gravity Logic trail for this stage
    ---Awards will be given for winners of each individual stage with a ceremony for each stage
    ---Overal winners will be determined by a points system similar to World Cup points system used by the UCI
    ---Will be adding a Jr category (still waiting to determine age)

Couple of items to discuss:
    ---Based on feedback, amateurs will NOT BE allowed to change any aspect of their bikes
    ---Pros will be allowed to change wheels, tires, and pedals

We had incredible feedback last year and all of our changes were based on suggestions and overwhelming support from the participants who raced.

Registration will open soon. Can't wait to see everyone again.

--D

Sounds fun. Hope to make it this year~!

One of the most well run enduros I did all year. Fun tracks. fast dudes. Good scene. Good time all together!

I hope the Jr. category includes under 50 YO. I'll be really competitive.

oh, hell yeah, was just talking about this race with BrettF this weekend. Stoked you guys are doing it again, it was a ton of fun.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post

Couple of items to discuss:
    ---Based on feedback, amateurs will NOT BE allowed to change any aspect of their bikes
    ---Pros will be allowed to change wheels, tires, and pedals

--D
    Stoked to return for this race!

I can't get behind either one of those suggestions. No modifications for the amateurs and significant modifications for the pros? That doesn't make much sense. Keep it simple. Tire changes or no changes. Standard for all categories.

Pedal changes? That is either a weight weenie or DHer suggestion. Weird.

If you allow wheel changes i'm going to bring a set of 29er, 650b, and 26 inch wheels and swap them for each stage. Haha! No wait i might not be kidding. I'll have tubular 1.8 semi slick prototype tires as well...

Wheels/tires/pedals are not "significant changes". However, for simplicity sake, just allow Tire/Pedal changes.

Gotta allow tire changes for a lot of reasons IMO.

I agree with the suggestions. Pros have access to the goods or some do others may not, but thats just racing in general. Wheel changes make tire changes much easier for folks who are sleeping in their vehicles or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthb4 View Post
    I agree with the suggestions. Pros have access to the goods or some do others may not, but thats just racing in general. Wheel changes make tire changes much easier for folks who are sleeping in their vehicles or whatever.
    Thanks for the great comments everyone. Here's the deal. I wanted ams to not worry about having to buy expensive wheels/tires and such. I thought I did this last year with allowing tire changes only...but alas...I made a critical mistake....changing the Stans each stage is a royal PIA and something I overlooked. SO....with that said, we feel the pros (who have better access) to the wheels and tires and such can change, but not the ams. This is where this idea came from....BUT, I love the open discussion and will listen to all ideas.

Again...looking forward to seeing you all again.

-D

Nitro:

Allow tire changes for pros and ams both, but not wheel changes. Let the riders sort out how to deal withe their tubeless issues, make it part of the strategy for each rider. To change tires or not? Fuss with tubeless or leave the tires on? Run tubes just to make it easier to change tires, but run the risk of flatting? It's all part of the strategy, see. IMNSHO, if you want to make it "easier" on the racers, order the stages so that the stage MOST LIKELY to have people wanting to change tires is at the beginning. Yeah, run the XC first, then people can swap to their burlier tires for the rest of the event. Or run it at the end, just to be evil.

And in my experience, the amateurs I know with real day jobs tend to have moar disposable income than the "pros" and as such might be more likely to have a spare set of wheels laying around anyways...

Just my $.02
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Nitro:

Allow tire changes for pros and ams both, but not wheel changes. Let the riders sort out how to deal withe their tubeless issues, make it part of the strategy for each rider. To change tires or not? Fuss with tubeless or leave the tires on? Run tubes just to make it easier to change tires, but run the risk of flatting? It's all part of the strategy, see. IMNSHO, if you want to make it "easier" on the racers, order the stages so that the stage MOST LIKELY to have people wanting to change tires is at the beginning. Yeah, run the XC first, then people can swap to their burlier tires for the rest of the event. Or run it at the end, just to be evil.

And in my experience, the amateurs I know with real day jobs tend to have moar disposable income than the "pros" and as such might be more likely to have a spare set of wheels laying around anyways...

Just my $.02
    Quoted for truth. A lot of pros run tubes. A LOT LOT. I do just so I can change tires easier and I don't roll the tire off the rim (which has happened more than a few times). And yeah, most of my 30+ "am" buddies have far nicer setups than mine. Just sayin' Pro is a racing class, not an indicator of how much money you have.

Craftsman makes a hand held electric air compressor. Saw them at a lot of cx races. Makes tire changes crazy easy...

Any updates?

i like the idea of changing tires not wheels. I changes tires only for the DH stage. Also don't run tubes at this race or go ahead and plan on jogging to the finish. Saw so many flats and double flats last year with guys jogging to the bottom, mostly on the dh stage. I ran tubeless and was VERY glad I did and just adjusted pressure between stages depending on the event.

I hope to be able to yell at all you crazy folks again this year.

Nitro, get on them, make sure they budget me in again this year
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Bump for rules posting and registration is open. Thanks to those who have already signed up! The snow is melting fast now and we hope to have the new XC course GPS'd in the next few weeks.

XC course is GPS and we are marking trail this Friday morning so you can all get out and scout this weekend. www.aspensnowmass.com/master

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week! Brown Pow!

Bumpage.....

Come out, it'll be fun.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Getting under way tonight. Go up and register, have some fun, it was a great vibe last year.

If you're here, come say hello.... I'll be the guy with a mic. We're announcing from Elk Camp Restaurant tonight and from Base village all morning.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

good luck this year, hope you guys get a solid turnout, it really is a great event. Life got in my way of making it, even though I was so set on racing this year. Bummed. Chatted with Simple last night, as he is coming up to clean the clock of all those in the open class

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Getting under way tonight. Go up and register, have some fun, it was a great vibe last year.

If you're here, come say hello.... I'll be the guy with a mic. We're announcing from Elk Camp Restaurant tonight and from Base village all morning.
    I hear there may be beer up there

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle View Post
    Chatted with Simple last night, as he is coming up to clean the clock of all those in the open class
    Shiiiit...total amateur here. So far so good. In the lead but panties still snug. Need my big boy shorts for the rest.

Damn son. At least its points based. Those 8 seconds aren't going to last in long in the cc race . Good luck.

Another great day.

XC course mixed a few of the pack up.. chainless down the valhalla trail showed who was smoothest.

Tomorrow will expose who brought to light of a wheel set.
    Miss ya Crinkle, Simple is crushing it.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Super fun race! Thanks so much to Snowmass for the great event. The points element was an added incentive to ride as an all-rounder. Props to all that raced, those tracks are really challenging.