Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Jason and Amanda sent their CMA cards back in protest of Prime and others not being acknowledged at this years awards.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nda-shires-cma

Stick around for the jam in Can't You Hear Me Knockin'?

Thanks P
    gave me goosebumps once they got to cant you hear me knockin. Sadler, Jason and the band can tear up almost any cover. Their Whipping post at the Beacon after Allman died was hairraising. Was gonna skip this tour ( if ya count his time with the Truckers prolly seen him 30+ times) but looks like I am headed into the city on the 24th now.

HIss Golden Messenger tonight! stoked for a sick birthday month of shows.
    Last edited by Woodsy; 10-26-2021 at 08:14 AM.

So I looked at Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit's site to see if they were coming around and they had tickets for this festival next August on Martha's Vineyard, pretty sick line-up with more to be added, Jason Isbell, Wilco, Beck, Billy Strings and a bunch more.

GA tickets for the weekend available for $225., you'd need a hotel room or find a place to camp but getting there is easy by ferry. Plus I live like 10 miles from the ferry terminal and could help out if needed. I bought tickets just now. Check it out. https://www.beachroadweekend.com

Just bought tickets for Salt Lake City on March 8th…anyone else?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just bought tickets for Salt Lake City on March 8th…anyone else?
    dolllars to doughnuts Xover will be there although he may not post about it.

Where is he playing? cant think of any Venues there I would be stoked to see him in.

This? This has me stoked GA Floor
    https://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/ev...-g5vvzpshfhnfr

and not just because it is an 8 minute train from my house
    Missed him the first time but last time he was great, although was in the balcony with the wife.
    Seen multiple Beacons, Bowrey ballrooms, College Street, really love the Cap

edit: ok Eccles will be awesome with Lucinda. They serve beer there these days?

I got tix and a cool cheap hotel room for the Bellingham date. Love the tiny venues. Makes for pricey tickets tho. Third tier seats (which will be fine in a 1500 seat building) were $80 plus fucking ticketmaster bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I thought it was with Shawn Colvin, but Lucinda could be fun if she is sober.

Shawn is on the bill in the PNW. Lucinda would be fun to see even if she ain't sober.

Shawn is on the bill in the PNW. Lucinda would be fun to see even if she ain't sober.
    Remember when she played Red Butte gardens " still drunk from playing red Rocks last night with Neil Young: " ( her Words) an then played a smoking set.

I.mean thst was 15+ years ago, but...

I have seen both sides to that, one wasn’t particularly good. But the other was excellent, and she was definitely wasted.

I've never seen either live, but always wanted to see Lucinda.

Drift: MANY years ago I saw Jaco Pastorius with his band in a tiny auditorium on the UW campus. it was his birthday and he was hammered. And the show was terrific, if a little loose. It was fucking Jaco, so who cares.

The most drug addled show I ever saw was Red Hot Chili Peppers at a tiny club in London in 1988. Hillel was too whacked on smack to play, so Flea, Kiedis, and the drummer (?) tried to play the show with just drums and bass. They were all basically too wasted to pull it off, and quit mid-set. Hillel died of an overdose a day or two later in Amsterdam.
    I was taping the show, and thought it might have novelty value, but it was basically unlistenable.

I've never seen either live, but always wanted to see Lucinda.

Drift: MANY years ago I saw Jaco Pastorius with his band in a tiny auditorium on the UW campus. it was his birthday and he was hammered. And the show was terrific, if a little loose. It was fucking Jaco, so who cares.
    Jaco live anywhere/way would have been rad

Was lucky enough to see Isbell & Lucinda with in a week of each other right b4 my birthday in 2019

https://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/bl...apitol-theatre

https://www.thecapitoltheatre.com/bl...apitol-theatre

Seen em both before and both these shows were special. Sustained me through the no concert days

Was supposed to see Jaco in Syracuse in the early 80's. He was so drunk they wouldn't let him on the plane in NYC. They got another bass player and the band played. No refunds or anything

So, how do you find a fill-in Bass player, last minute, that happened to know all of Jaco’s chops?
    That’s actually fairly impressive!

They got a guy from a local/national act. He was no Jaco. Asked for a refund, but no dice

Might have been the same tour......

I count myself extremely fortunate to have seen him at all, and as fucked up as he was, it was pretty incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Was supposed to see Jaco in Syracuse in the early 80's. He was so drunk they wouldn't let him on the plane in NYC. They got another bass player and the band played. No refunds or anything

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    He was no Jaco.
    goes without saying

I could picture a lot of incredible bass players in there own right saying “You want me to sub for who? No fucking way, maaan”

To be fair, the guy was good, might have been the bassist for Spyro Gyra, but when you’re expecting Jaco

Drift-ish:

I thought there was a somewhat current Drive By Truckers thread but search came up empty? Hallucinating I guess. Again.

Anyway, Patterson Hood is doing a solo tour next month. Just got tix at a little tiny theater. $25. Kinda stoked.

Oft, I know he played sunset tavern a few years back.. Saw DBT at showbox back when isbell was in the band. it was loud and a shit load of guitar. saw isbell at marymoor and the paramount. love his song writing and amanda is smokin but find his shows very mellow. Small venue would be best. his austin city limits taping was pretty amazing.

Drift-ish:

I thought there was a somewhat current Drive By Truckers thread but search came up empty? Hallucinating I guess. Again.

Anyway, Patterson Hood is doing a solo tour next month. Just got tix at a little tiny theater. $25. Kinda stoked.
    Where's that, might be interested.

https://pattersonhood.com/tour

I bought tix for Everett.