Page 197 of 226 FirstFirst ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 5647
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Bmills, my buddy bought a 2012 911 with 19,000 and the car looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor and he paid $60,000 for it…. He just traded it in, drove it for 2 yrs with 29,000 miles and the dealer gave him $70,400 for it…. So he drove the car for 2 years and pocketed cash…. Unreal…

Attachment 385349

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Curious looking back on this, any reason he didn’t take it to The Toy Barn? That place is nuts and CBus isn’t short on the exotic car game either.

Yo Bobby S. You ever deal with those Toy Barn cats?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the fuck is wrong with BMW anymore?

Somehow when I see that, all I can think of is this face

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is wrong with BMW anymore?

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Oh, so they’ve decided to corner the Pixar/Juggalo market segment?

Bold.

Some newer 4runners have the same vibe.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    What would be a proper upgrade from a 2016 FRS. I just sold mine since the used car prices are ridiculous. I was offered 13K last year, 19K this year.

Great handling car, no power though. I can't afford a 911. Cayman S and Vette are on my mind.
    C6 Z06? If so, yes. Vettes are reliable, fast, cheap to own. It's a no brainer aside from being a little low end in terms of fit / finish.

Curious looking back on this, any reason he didn’t take it to The Toy Barn? That place is nuts and CBus isn’t short on the exotic car game either.

He actually bought the car from Toy Barn 2 yrs ago and had a good experience with them…. I am still shocked he sold the car but ended up ordering a new BMW X5M…. The dealership that bought his car is connected to a BMW dealership so he got the last spot for this year for a special order…

I know the owner Sean well. I used to do a ton of business with them when I was the pre owned manager. I manage Bentley and Rolls now.

They have good cars.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

This is sad news. I watched some of the Goodwood Revival over the weekend and wondered if there was something significant about it being driven in the parade by a Mercedes tech rather than say Jackie Stewart or Moss' son. Got to see this beast a few times at Goodwood and Silverstone years ago and at the Stuttgart museum.

Stirling Moss’s Mille Miglia-winning Mercedes makes its final run

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercedes-300-SLR-Goodwood-parade-2021.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	552.2 KB 
ID:	386054

The Mercedes 300 SLR steered by Stirling Moss to victory in the 1955 Mille Miglia has been permanently retired after its appearance at the Goodwood Revival this weekend.

The No722 Silver Arrows made its final planned track appearance at Goodwood, with Moss’s widow, Lady Susie in the passenger seat, heading a parade of cars raced by the all-round racing hero.

Before returning to the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart, the car made a final stop in London, at Moss’s Mayfair house, where the glass balcony panels are etched with an image of the legendary machine.

The Mercedes 300 SLR steered by Stirling Moss to victory in the 1955 Mille Miglia has been permanently retired after its appearance at the Goodwood Revival this weekend.

The No722 Silver Arrows made its final planned track appearance at Goodwood, with Moss’s widow, Lady Susie in the passenger seat, heading a parade of cars raced by the all-round racing hero.

Before returning to the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart, the car made a final stop in London, at Moss’s Mayfair house, where the glass balcony panels are etched with an image of the legendary machine.

The pair first saw the car a week before the 1955 race, when they shook the 3-litre, straight eight-engined racer down and requested final adjustments.

“Several laps of the fast Hockenheim circuit convinced us that we had a truly magnificent 3-litre sports car under us, the eight-cylinder fuel-injection engine giving well over 290bhp on normal pump petrol,” wrote Jenks in Motor Sport.

“On this SLR the seats were made to measure for us, being cut-and-shut just like a tailor would make a suit, while every detail in the cockpit received our personal attention, and anything was altered to our desire without question.”

Add Moss’s driving talent, Jenkinson’s resolve, plus the race notes meticulously prepared by the pair, and the combination was unbeatable: the record time of 10 hours 7min 48sec at an average speed of 98mph, standing as a record that can never be beaten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Wonder why? Can’t insure it? They surely have the talent and the budget to fix/reno it.

Moss dying last year, It's head mechanic retiring, maybe some serious problem that would mean messing too much with it's originality*, Daimler wanting to cut ties with it's internal combustion engine past the car's connection with the 55 Le Mans crash being seen as bad juju by 2021 marketing department?

*Hopefully this and they're keeping the old girl unmolested. I haven't seen any announcement about the surviving sister cars, hope they will still be given a run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    C6 Z06? If so, yes. Vettes are reliable, fast, cheap to own. It's a no brainer aside from being a little low end in terms of fit / finish.
    and the stigma of being a dad with a 'vette.

I judge them hard. Just sayin.

If you have the means and enjoy driving there are 100 better options.

If you have the means and a little man complex without any driving skills / history you buy the 'vette.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    and the stigma of being a dad with a 'vette.

I judge them hard. Just sayin.

If you have the means and enjoy driving there are 100 better options.

If you have the means and a little man complex without any driving skills / history you buy the 'vette.
    Gold chain required, sold separately.

It's just a good excuse to wear Hawaiian shirts and get a dumb vanity plate.

I don’t disagree that Vettes have a certain “type” that goes with them, and I’m not really that type.

That said, I’ve watched the C7R and now the C8R kick ass up and down the IMSA and WEC circuits for the past 5 years. They know something over there at Chevy.

I’m still taking the 911 RSR over it 8 days a week.

Speaking of chain; link fences….
    Sometimes I just have to share and I guess I may seem like ballast down in the hull of this thread but god damn it when you get offered this car for 1k you take it!

Name:	IMG_2568.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	386162

Grand for a grand? That a 2011? She’s a beaut Clark.

Hell you could probably find a taxi company to give you $2k for it. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Sometimes I just have to share and I guess I may seem like ballast down in the hull of this thread but god damn it when you get offered this car for 1k you take it!
    Woah! SCORE!!!!

Funny thing is how the older I get, the more I just freaking love those old boats. I've really come to appreciate them for what they were and totally get why old folks used to love them. ESPECIALLY after I owned a DeVille. Loved that car and all, but honestly the old Panther platform is where its at for overall durability.

And NOTHING beats how much fun those things were for piling in like 8 of your friends for a raucous night out on the town. What's the dead hooker capacity on that beauty, Aldo?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Name:	IMG_2568.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	386162
    Landau roof, nicely done Aldo.

Does anybody else miss those plush bench seats in those old cars? It is just SO much more difficult getting ...ahem... "serviced" in modern cars what with our fancy center consoles, shifters, and buttons and what not.

That’s an 04 with 100k, clean as a whistle, runs like a top. It’s pretty impressive how that car handles I have an 00 crown Vic that my son drove for a while - it’s ultimately a very tossable car, handles quite well; some minor sorting and it’s just dead nuts predictable.
    I think that trunk would easily hold 4-6 units.

Just so we’re clear, by units you mean dead hookers right?

And I’m just guessing here but the rubber looks pretty new and the pattern looks like Conti, but I’m not aware of them offering a whitewall option.

That thing is prime for upstate winters. In other words, runs right over snowbanks, buried hydrants and frozen hobos.

Just so we’re clear, by units you mean dead hookers right?

And I’m just guessing here but the rubber looks pretty new and the pattern looks like Conti, but I’m not aware of them offering a whitewall option.
    Well, let's call it 4-6 golf bags. Didnt even think to ponder the whitewall on the Contis, good eye mang. I'm sure its a regional offering....

Totally Huck - limited slip and 4 snows on that one and the winter world is your oyster... And while your at it - there's plenty of P71 pushbar options for you too if you're looking for a little more, ramming capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Does anybody else miss those plush bench seats in those old cars? It is just SO much more difficult getting ...ahem... "serviced" in modern cars what with our fancy center consoles, shifters, and buttons and what not.
    I'm with you. I used to have a 91 caprice. That thing was sweet as hell. It felt like I was driving on a big soft living room couch and still accelerated like the millennium falcon.