Page 105 of 173 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4322
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Interesting article on the very special Michelin tires and rims of the Bugatti Chiron hypercar.

Which leads me to ask what the hell do the wheels and tires of the F-35 fighter jet cost? But then again, I don't think the landing speed of the F-35 CTOL is anywhere near 277mph...so maybe apples to oranges....but still, the friction ANY jet's tires need to survive on a daily basis must be absolutely incredible!

Evidently, due to the car's weight, even at 253 mph, the tires will only last 15 minutes....but no probs, because fuel will only last 10 minutes on a full tank! And that's old Veyron data...not Chiron...so how long would a Chiron"s tires last at a non-governed presumed topspeed of 277mph?

http://www.motortrend.com/news/black...o-hit-260-mph/

EDIT: One annoying thing about that article is that it barely gives any data on the new Chiron tires and talks mostly about the older Veyron tires and wheels....another reason I prefer Car & Driver and its sister publication Road & Track over Motortrend (a publication that I'm not sure how it stays in business).
    You should check out Chris Harris' segment in the Chiron on Top Gear a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Used car I just got.

Wow. Will you get to drive it at all?
    I still call it The Jake.

If I can get rid of it locally. I have some guys working on it in your neck of the woods too.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Glorified Tiguan, or not, this vehicle has a beautiful interior
    Name:  IMG_0632.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  63.8 KB
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

To each their own I guess. Looks like somebody ordered the limited Strawberry Shortcake edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I guess but at 5600 pounds and 600 hp I don't think I'd kick her out of bed.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 04-11-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I guess but at 5600 pounds and 600 hp I don't think I'd kick her out of bed.
    Would go trade it in on an M5, a Land Cruiser, an E63 AMG, and a 964C4. And I'd trade the clock for a 993TT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Nice rig. Nicest SUV on the market.

But yeah, Id rather have a 458 and a 4Runner.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Dodge Demon - 800 hp unveiled today - zero to 60 in two seconds!!

Edit: Just fyi!!

And only 1 seat.

If initial reports are true, the Demon has passenger and back seats but can be optioned without. A production car with a 9 second quarter mile is insane in the best way. Haven't found anything on the warranty yet.

Edit: 3/36 bumper-to-bumper and 5/60 drivetrain. Holy schnikes.

It scares me to think that when my oldest daughter turns 16, there will be some beat up 11 year old 800 horsepower production cars floating around that she could get her hands on. In my day, it was kind of hard to get into trouble hooning a 200 series volvo that made it to 65 mph maybe going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    It scares me to think that when my oldest daughter turns 16, there will be some beat up 11 year old 800 horsepower production cars floating around that she could get her hands on. In my day, it was kind of hard to get into trouble hooning a 200 series volvo that made it to 65 mph maybe going downhill.
    That is kinda scary.

Split the difference and go with a Supercharged Mustang swapped Volvo 960 wagon

This has "bad idea" written all over it.

Imagine what James Piotrowski could accomplish strapped into a Demon.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

He'd be able to best DD's record of 220 feet for cars launched onto frozen lakes?

Lofty goal for sure, but this seems like a tailor made tool for the job.

Then there's that ford dealer selling 550 hp Mustangs for $33k. The upgrades void the power train warranty but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    He'd be able to best DD's record of 220 feet for cars launched onto frozen lakes?

Lofty goal for sure, but this seems like a tailor made tool for the job.
    Sort of a modern version of Super Dave Osborne but with more political ambition?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sort of a modern version of Super Dave Osborne but with more political ambition?
    Yup. He could even borrow Super Dave's helmet with the stars and shit.

Patriotic to the ditch.

Power without engineering. Cool if you like drag pulls & don't value handling, I suppose. Most drivers are lost above 100mph, especially with crude domestic chassis (plural?).

Ford GTs, CTS-Vs, Vettes & the new Mustangs as exceptions. The Camaro/Charger phenomenon seems like nostalgia & little else. I'd rather drive a tuned Miata.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    How many do you think will still run? I expect they will have a tendency to experience sudden acceleration to 0mph

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yup. He could even borrow Super Dave's helmet with the stars and shit.

Patriotic to the ditch.
    Genuine Saskatchewan sealskin bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Power without engineering. Cool if you like drag pulls & don't value handling, I suppose. Most drivers are lost above 100mph, especially with crude domestic chassis (plural?).

Ford GTs, CTS-Vs, Vettes & the new Mustangs as exceptions. The Camaro/Charger phenomenon seems like nostalgia & little else. I'd rather drive a tuned Miata.
    A car that runs 9-second quarter miles at 140 MPH out of the box, is 50-state emissions compliant, and comes with a full warranty. No engineering? You cray.

This is an (d)evolution in the willingness to package & sell it, not ability to create it.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    A car that runs 9-second quarter miles at 140 MPH out of the box, is 50-state emissions compliant, and comes with a full warranty. No engineering? You cray.
    What he said.
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Merica