Page 28 of 226 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    You could get a Porsche mower, or you could get a real tractor from Lambo.

They've been in the tractor business since before they were in the car business.

Story goes something like Enzo Ferrari wouldn't sell Ferruccio Lamborghini a car so Lamborghini said screw it and built his own at the tractor factory.

May be the same wheels under a different name. Looks good.

I almost bought those F14's for my car but Forgestar was having QC and delivery problems at the time, not sure if that's just in the past or not.

Bought these instead:

Not as cool technology as the Forgestars but sharp and rock solid. The cheaply-replaceable stainless steel scuff lip on the BBS has saved my braille-parking ass more than once.

bushman, nice ride. A guy I work with has the next newer body style. Such a good looking car.

@icemang: Nice. That style pairs well with Audis. And most German cars it seems.

Had to google the replaceable lip. Given any thought to a set of curb feelers?

Big fan of the LM-R but BBS USA doesn't import the needed bolt pattern.

Hah, I should get some of those feelers. Now they have sensors but my car doesn't have them. But the lips work great and they're dead easy to switch out.

That Maserati Gran Turismo above triggers my mind about a new concept Maserati had: bringing back the Bora after a many year hiatus.

Yay or meh??

I think it looks like a pretty sweet ride, myself, and you gotta know that whenever they put that puppy on the road for real, she'll do MORE than the song's 'one eighty five'....might be its MSRP if it does ever hit the road, though.

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Jesus AK Rover, that's not a Gran Turismo.

Also, that concept will not be made. The only thing you will see from Maserati is the Ghibli coupe (Alfieri) and the Ghibli SUV (Levante).

Unfortunately, Fiat/Chrysler is in the process of ruining Maserati.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 04-05-2015 at 04:37 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Jesus AK Rover, that's not a Gran Turismo.

Also, that concept will not be made. The only thing you will see from Maserati is the Ghibli coupe (Alfieri) and the Ghibli SUV (Levante).

Unfortunately, Fiat/Chrysler is in the process of ruining Maserati.
    Odd.....Bushman's car up there (which he himself called a GT, BTW) sure looks a LOT like this 2003 Maserati Gran Turismo...hmmmm.

And Chrysler Corp ruined Maserati a longgg time ago with that ridiculous Lebaron/Maserati (that thing was a "Nauserati!!! ..hey!! I just made that word up...thats MY word know..i own it!! )You can chalk up any present and future ruinations to the Fiat headquarters. Chrysler I s basically a mere subsidiary anymore, as far as international operations decisions...an odd switcheroo that's been in the making for some time. Thankfully my dad passed away before THAT came to the fore.

As to that Bora concept....I would sure like to see that on the road...as some model or other.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

Bushmaster has a Maserati Coupe. Some were called Gran Sports, but I don't know if his is one.

This is a Gran Turismo.

Production started in 2008. Great car.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 04-05-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Looking at that picture of the Bora concept car and contrasting it to the original Bora...the concept looks hell and gone better than the original!!

So I'm thinking in 1967 (or even '66, perhaps) when pix started getting leaked of the all-new 1968 Corvette, it must have looked totally unreal compared to what was on the road in the late sixties. I'm sure many hated it right away, and many loved it. I was barely in a sandbox that year, so I didn't really give a rip about anything but which Tonka carried the most sand. But anyway, I take it that it's design was quite ground-breaking ....like the Hanson ski boot of the auto industry? Anyway, that Bora concept platform above sort of harkens back to the '68 Sting Ray a little.

(That being said...my favorite Vette remains the 1963 split window...I don't really care for the post-1967 vettes.)

This particula r one is pretty sweet, actually!! A wheel/tire upgrade makes a BIG difference sometimes!!

EDIT: What's this??? I'm even starting to think a 1980 Sting Ray looks good now?? I USED to think they were hideous!!

Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 04-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Posted by DJSapp:

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    Car would look great if it had a real wide body rear end. The cheap sheet metal looking fenders over the rear tires look horrendous. They pull them off someones trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Bushmaster has a Maserati Coupe. Some were called Gran Sports, but I don't know if his is one.

This is a Gran Turismo.

Production started in 2008. Great car.
    I guess the inherent confusion lies in the fact that Gran Turismo = GT and the earlier coupes and spiders were usually called simply "4200 GT" to separate them from the earlier, smaller engined "3200 GT"..... so basically the coupes from whenever to 2007 were referred to as Coupe GT or sometimes just coupe. Anyway, that's why Bushman said GT.

I just checked the Maserati site...looks like they're spelling it as one word, GranTurismo, but still with the T capitalized. It would be REALLY confusing if it were GranTurismo GT, eh?? Heh hehh.

Posted by DJSapp:

I call it a coupe' gt because that's what it is, even says so on the dash.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

I had to switch back to my old wheel and tire setup. The cars computer sys. said my tire combo was outside operating parameters and then tried to kill me via auto acceleration. All part of the learning curve with one of these things.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    I think I've watched this clip at least 50 times over the past two years. Turn the volume up to 11.

Want.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

My Porsche 914 with a IMSA spec 3.12 935 turbo twin plugged engine....

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120626_153546.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	166447

http://www.kptv.com/story/28853560/b...autostart=true

bmx biker in Portland bunny hops onto and rolls over a lamborghini while being filmed.

The owner was super cool about it.

Most Lambo owners,

would beat the shit out of him.

Looking forward to seeing bmx doosher get his ass beat someday. What a fucking tool

Quote Originally Posted by iamchappy View Post
    My Porsche 914 with a IMSA spec 3.12 935 turbo twin plugged engine....

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120626_153546.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	166447

Guy down the road just broke his 993 991 4S out of it's winter slumber. Alpine silver with black interior and about 45,000 on the clock. I keep asking him to sell it and he keeps laughing at me.
    I still call it The Jake.

The seafood soup is killer at Jake's.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Guy down the road just broke his 993 991 4S out of it's winter slumber. Alpine silver with black interior and about 45,000 on the clock. I keep asking him to sell it and he keeps laughing at me.
    Those damn things are going through the roof. Carrera GT too.