Page 107 of 226 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 5647
    a friend had a 993TT in black with a 99% lipstick red interior. Leather, controls, headliner and carpets. It was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Jesus Buttchugging Christ, look at the interior on this thing.

http://jalo.ps/HbRq1pZ
    Ha! I was just about to post that travesty here. So rare, yet so unloved. So, so much red.

Even Tawny Kitaen wouldn't sit in there.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's like sitting in a well-appointed and extremely fast vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Not to mention that extremely fast vagina is only 24 years old, so...

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

^^^ Agreed!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Would it have killed him to spray it off for the photos?

I'm a general car enthusiast and never really bought into the Porsche luv. To each his own. I do know the various models Porsche has produced but never heard of or saw this one-off before. Interesting story.

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-pr...etto-giugiaro/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm a general car enthusiast and never really bought into the Porsche luv. To each his own. I do know the various models Porsche has produced but never heard of or saw this one-off before. Interesting story.

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-pr...etto-giugiaro/
    I'm a big P-car guy and I've never heard of that. Thanks for sharing that.

So weird looking, and those models are smokeshows too.

Definitely some of that in the Countach and Pantera. Although the Pantera was in production by '71 so maybe it's the other way around.

this is kind of interesting..

LC500

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Definitely some of that in the Countach and Pantera. Although the Pantera was in production by '71 so maybe it's the other way around.
    Bertone Lancia Stratos concept sprung to mind

From the same 1970 Turin motor show too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    this is kind of interesting..

LC500
    Gave that some love 10 pages or so ago nearly 500 hp, rear wheel drive, near 50-50 weight dist. and Lexus' best design in a long time? Yeah, I like it.

Nice looking car. I have been reading about it over the past couple of weeks. 450bhp (100 less than M5 and AMG E63) 0-60 in 4.5 (M5 and E63 in the 3s) . $100k (same as M5 and E63). Top speed of 160. Cool commercial on TV. Lexus has been trying to compete with M-B and BMW since the 80s. It always fails.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Lexus was the only brand to immediately take customers away from S-Class buyers the day they rolled out the LS400.

I think they've strayed from that business model.

Anyways, even though I'm sure they're still down on raw numbers to ze Germans but I believe the LC is going against the 6 series and SL.

The LFA is a truly world beating car though.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Lexus has been trying to compete with M-B and BMW since the 80s. It always fails.
    The LS400 upset the luxury market in a major way and is generally considered one of the best cars of all time. The Lexus V8 was even on Ward's list of 10 best engines of the century.

I don't care who sells more, I would take an M-B or BMW over its rival Lexus any year, at any time. Personally, I have never seriously considered buying a Japanese car, and have only considered buying a Toyota FJ40. I doubt that I ever will. I guess that is just personal preference. Power to all you fans of rice-burners
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Nice looking car. I have been reading about it over the past couple of weeks. 450bhp (100 less than M5 and AMG E63) 0-60 in 4.5 (M5 and E63 in the 3s) . $100k (same as M5 and E63). Top speed of 160. Cool commercial on TV. Lexus has been trying to compete with M-B and BMW since the 80s. It always fails.
    The reviews always slam the LC for weighing 4300 lbs.

I don't care who sells more, I would take an M-B or BMW over its rival Lexus any year, at any time. Personally, I have never seriously considered buying a Japanese car, and have only considered buying a Toyota FJ40. I doubt that I ever will. I guess that is just personal preference. Power to all you fans of rice-burners
    Werd. A car has to have some soul. Lexus' efforts in the "go fast" space always look cold and mechanical to me. Moreover, I can't get over the fact that it could very easily be a Toyota. Hell, there's a camry on the market that will do a sub 6S 0-60.

I've never considered buying a Lexus over a BM either. In fact I've backed that up by buying more BMWs than I probably ever should have - including 4 truly problematic X5s, not to mention a M3 and my still daily'd 335.

But I grew up in a dualistic family. Mom had many Lexuses (Lexi'i?) LS's for summer, LX's for winter and Dad a long string of 540s and 550s. The thing I learned was that the build quality of the Lexii was way better for the long haul, not to mention the from new ownership period (still have a LX470 going strong as a family car and my Mom's LS460L is still one of the best luxo-barges I've ever ridden in). But the BMWs were the only ones to put a smile on your face every. single. time. you pushed the skinny pedal - despite being horrible maintenance monsters once out of warranty.

Way I see it, this is what makes being a car geek fun - learning the nuances of every marque - good or bad.

^^^ Good point. Anyone who knows BMWs knows that they are built to drive, but they are not really built to last. OTOH, M-B are built to last, but don't have the invigorating feel of a comparable BMW. (E.G: and E500 will run smoothly for 200K, and have a solid road feel, and a 550i seats will start coming apart at 100K, but the drive is exhilarating). Right now, my son is driving an '06 R350 with 130K on it, and the veh. still rides great with no problems. Lexus may be in the middle.
    Not sure, maybe closer to Audi, than BMW, M-B or Porsche

No, Lexus is not in the middle. It's superior to MB, BMW, and VAG. Let's really get the rhetoric going.

Not to me.

Funny thing about this conversation is that Porsche would never have been even mentioned in the same breath.

But now that SUVs and 4 doors subsidize the 'real' cars so I guess it's all open to discussion. The Panamera is something to behold thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    No, Lexus is not in the middle. It's superior to MB, BMW, and VAG. Let's really get the rhetoric going.
    What in the absolute fuck are you talking about?

18k S550s were sold in the US in 2016. 5k LS460s were sold.

In 2016, Mercedes sold 43k more vehicles into the US market, than Lexus did.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 05-05-2017 at 05:02 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.