Page 210 of 213 FirstFirst ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 5320
  1. #5226
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,791
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656944325.525934.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	420647
    Happy 4th

  2. #5227
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Juan Islands, WA.
    Posts
    1,139
    A few pictures from the vintage races at Pacific Raceways this weekend.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8312 (3).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	420858
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8319 (2).JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	620.9 KB 
ID:	420859
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8334 (2).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	794.6 KB 
ID:	420860
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8346 (2).JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	420861
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8362 (2).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	420862
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8364 (2).JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	420863
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8380 (2).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	580.2 KB 
ID:	420864

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8385 (2).JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	420867
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8280 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	896.6 KB 
ID:	420868
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8275 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	870.1 KB 
ID:	420869
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8372 (2).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	727.7 KB 
ID:	420866  

  3. #5228
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,008
    Cool shit, nice pics.
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #5229
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,901
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    A few pictures from the vintage races at Pacific Raceways this weekend.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8312 (3).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	420858
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8319 (2).JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	620.9 KB 
ID:	420859
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8334 (2).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	794.6 KB 
ID:	420860
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8346 (2).JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	420861
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8362 (2).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	420862
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8364 (2).JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	420863
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8380 (2).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	580.2 KB 
ID:	420864

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8385 (2).JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	420867
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8280 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	896.6 KB 
ID:	420868
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8275 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	870.1 KB 
ID:	420869
    I fook my Dad on Friday.

    Such a great time.

    I'd never been to the track before, even though it's so close. What a cool sequence through those downhill esses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  5. #5230
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,008
    That Jäger CSL is hot shit.
    I still call it The Jake.

  6. #5231
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    9,593
    Very cool.

  7. #5232
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,008
    Yo Maz, is that your GSF paint last page? Looks cool if so.
    I still call it The Jake.

  8. #5233
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yo Maz, is that your GSF paint last page? Looks cool if so.
    Saw something I thought you might like today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220706_125925.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	420882

  9. #5234
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    9,593
    Yeah, thanks. Thought the contrast was cool. Bit of a glitter bomb under the right light.

  10. #5235
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,008
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Saw something I thought you might like today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220706_125925.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	420882
    You were absolutely right. Good lookin out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Yeah, thanks. Thought the contrast was cool. Bit of a glitter bomb under the right light.
    Great depth on that paint. Very cool.

    Great car.
    I still call it The Jake.

  11. #5236
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,343
    Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    A few pictures from the vintage races at Pacific Raceways this weekend.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8380 (2).JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	580.2 KB 
ID:	420864
    That Datsun looks familiar and I don't think I've been to any road races in...a really long time. My fuzzy brain wants to claim it's been showing up since at least the 90's in pretty consistent form. Cool.

  12. #5237
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    9,994
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That Jäger CSL is hot shit.
    +1000.

    I came very close to getting a 3.0 csi for 14 grand back in the 90s. But the rust argued otherwise.
    Improve your AT boots with the StrapOff. It’s Maggot Approved.

  13. #5238
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Juan Islands, WA.
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That Datsun looks familiar and I don't think I've been to any road races in...a really long time. My fuzzy brain wants to claim it's been showing up since at least the 90's in pretty consistent form. Cool.
    I think it's been around for a while, it swapped the lead with the Rabbit for the entire race with the Rabbit eventually winning, fastest Rabbit I've ever seen.

    This 356 has been strictly a track car since almost new and had accumulated over 55,000 track miles in it's lifetime.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8279 (2).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	982.8 KB 
ID:	420888

  14. #5239
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,302
    Nice shots refried. Nothing looks more classic than a set of Panasports on a little vintage Jap or Brit car.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  15. #5240
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,172

    Car Porn.......beauty meets speed (SFW)

    Sitting outside with my kids in Bennington this evening and I spy down the block a late 80’s 240 that was obviously not your average bear- lights, stance and wheels dictating something out of the ordinary- light turned green and it flew up the block ripping through the gears making the most wonderful sound - v8 swapped - heat was turned up in that mill - goddamn that was pleasing..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5509.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	388.7 KB 
ID:	421030
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5512.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	389.5 KB 
ID:	421031
    Last edited by Aldo; 07-08-2022 at 09:51 PM.

  16. #5241
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,302
    Unfortunately I didn't have my phone, but walking el perro past our local HS this Sunday there was apparently a car show. Dudes just rolling in on some crazy cars. What was even more crazy is the the McLarens and regular Porsches like the GT3's didn't even stand out.

    There was one of these in grey:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ca0817-309667_1@2x.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	421209
    and a real one of these in the same blue,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1964-shelby-cobra-289-1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	445.4 KB 
ID:	421211
    and not quite as expensive but my favorite 'cause I'd never seen one before, and in the same red
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1976-Fiat-131-Abarth.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	421212
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  17. #5242
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Sitting outside with my kids in Bennington this evening and I spy down the block a late 80’s 240 that was obviously not your average bear- lights, stance and wheels dictating something out of the ordinary- light turned green and it flew up the block ripping through the gears making the most wonderful sound - v8 swapped - heat was turned up in that mill - goddamn that was pleasing..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5509.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	388.7 KB 
ID:	421030
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5512.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	389.5 KB 
ID:	421031
    That's awesome. No one ever suspects the 240 lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have my phone, but walking el perro past our local HS this Sunday there was apparently a car show. Dudes just rolling in on some crazy cars. What was even more crazy is the the McLarens and regular Porsches like the GT3's didn't even stand out.

    There was one of these in grey:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ca0817-309667_1@2x.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	421209
    and a real one of these in the same blue,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1964-shelby-cobra-289-1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	445.4 KB 
ID:	421211
    and not quite as expensive but my favorite 'cause I'd never seen one before, and in the same red
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1976-Fiat-131-Abarth.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	421212
    That's sweet. Some serious hardware it sounds like. That CGT is still top of the mountain for me.


    My son and I were on our way to a pool party yesterday when we heard a most violent noise when around the bend came a Maclaren Senna just like it was nothing and not a $1,000,000 ride. It's insane what you see out there anymore.
    I still call it The Jake.

  18. #5243
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    9,593
    Fiat 131 Abarth. Had to look that one up. Saw a CGT sitting outside the service center of the local dealership a few months back. Dirty, rock chips, had a 'ring sticker in the window. Wouldn't surprise me if it was shipped over there based on how it looked. Lots of fun had behind the wheel of that one. I like the narrow body Cobras as much as the wide bodies for different reasons.

  19. #5244
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Fiat 131 Abarth.
    I had to ask what it was too. Apparently there are only a few in the US. They made 400 for rally homogulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That's sweet. Some serious hardware it sounds like. That CGT is still top of the mountain for me.
    With the engine lid open, it's straight racecar chassiswise. The body is just there to cover things up.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  20. #5245
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I had to ask what it was too. Apparently there are only a few in the US. They made 400 for rally homogulation.



    With the engine lid open, it's straight racecar chassiswise. The body is just there to cover things up.
    Every time I read about a CGT I'm reminded of this one that is wasting away at an abandoned dealership in China.

    https://www.motor1.com/news/438025/a...se-dealership/

    In the words of that other thread, "someone should do something".
    I still call it The Jake.

  21. #5246
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,302
    And in Peoples Party Red too. We need to get Bobby on this.

    We're sure this isn't another Landwind creation?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  22. #5247
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592

    Car Porn.......beauty meets speed (SFW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have my phone, but walking el perro past our local HS this Sunday there was apparently a car show. Dudes just rolling in on some crazy cars. What was even more crazy is the the McLarens and regular Porsches like the GT3's didn't even stand out.

    There was one of these in grey:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ca0817-309667_1@2x.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	421209
    and a real one of these in the same blue,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1964-shelby-cobra-289-1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	445.4 KB 
ID:	421211
    and not quite as expensive but my favorite 'cause I'd never seen one before, and in the same red
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1976-Fiat-131-Abarth.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	421212
    I was driving in Jupiter Fl once and saw an old man in a Porsche Carrera GT with a flat tire on the side of the road. I slammed on the brakes to help him. Turned out it just needed air, so I helped him because he could not bend over. Afterwards he tells me he owned an nba team and tossed me the keys. I drove it around the block. Pretty cool dude.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #5248
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,302
    That's a crazy story.

    Did you blow into it like a pool floatie to get it filled up?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  24. #5249
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,901
    That 131 is so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  25. #5250
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's a crazy story.

    Did you blow into it like a pool floatie to get it filled up?
    No, took it to a gas station. Guy said he owned like 12 homes and this car had been sitting for a yr. I really wish I’d followed up with him. He was asking me all kinds of questions about my business etc. old timer was near his end.

    Car was really uncomfortable for a big guy. Peddles were really tight. I did not stall it though.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •