Page 106 of 172 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4283
    Wealthy hicks gonna do they thang. Nevermind that the same result has been attainable for 25 years for a quarter the price.

TECHNOLOGY BRO. PROGRESS THE STOPLIGHT RACER INDUSTRY.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

Pull your nose out of the clouds. You have the option to buy a 9 second car with a warranty. Doesn't mean you have to. There is no downside.

It's not a prestige or label thing. It's a critique of the lethargy & stupidity embedded within the logic of those willing overpay for performance based on the perceived safety of a warranty. What the fuck good is a warranty if you drop $70-80-90k on a piece of shit that'll depreciate by the cost of a comparable spec-build in 5 years?

Fox body 9s car <= $20k (available since the Clinton administration for those with a Visa card & a driver's license)
    Later Mustang 9s car <= $30k
    C6 or C5 vette 9s car <= $35k
    Audi S-line 9s car <=$40k
    996 Turbo 9s car <= $50k

If these ^^ break you can fix them for a few grand, or buy other 1-2 cars & still be under the cost of a rapidly depreciating Dodge with a warranty. People are fucking lazy & dumb. This is perfect for them. The fat, lazy & dumb Americans that don't realize all the ingredients have been there for 30 years. Now they can race too!

#progressmyass
    mountains capture my imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    It's not a prestige or label thing. It's a critique of the lethargy & stupidity embedded within the logic of those willing overpay for performance based on the perceived safety of a warranty. What the fuck good is a warranty if you drop $70-80-90k on a piece of shit that'll depreciate by the cost of a comparable spec-build in 5 years?

Fox body 9s car <= $20k (available since the Clinton administration for those with a Visa card & a driver's license)
    Later Mustang 9s car <= $30k
    C6 or C5 vette 9s car <= $35k
    Audi S-line 9s car <=$40k
    996 Turbo 9s car <= $50k

If these ^^ break you can fix them for a few grand, or buy other 1-2 cars & still be under the cost of a rapidly depreciating Dodge with a warranty. People are fucking lazy & dumb. This is perfect for them. The fat, lazy & dumb Americans that don't realize all the ingredients have been there for 30 years. Now they can race too!

#progressmyass
    Don't necessarily disagree, but could the same not be said for any $200,000 Porsche, Ferrari, etc?

Most people with money don't give a single fuck about creativity or originality. It doesn't really have anything to do with being a fat American hick, but at least we know how you feel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Pull your nose out of the clouds. You have the option to buy a 9 second car with a warranty. Doesn't mean you have to. There is no downside.
    Awesome. You can do one run, and then get booted for not having a cage or chute. If in fact the car can replicate 9.65 off the showroom, like the press car.

I'll most likely have 5 or 6 of these, so Ill let you know, how full of shit the hype is or isn't.

Im with Dro, car is a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Don't necessarily disagree, but could the same not be said for any $200,000 Porsche, Ferrari

Well this is a volume car, that has been given a big engine.

You can actually drive the Porsche or Ferrari. Which are both special cars, with years of racing history and refinement.

The Demon will be good for a few quick profits, but ultimately, it's to sell the V6 model to normal people.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Well this is a volume car, that has been given a big engine.
    So more or less something like a Chevelle SS?.. Did people say the same thing about muscle cars in the early 70's? I wonder how many people thought certain models would appreciate up to 4000%? Wish my dad was one of them.

You can actually drive the Porsche or Ferrari. Which are both special cars, with years of racing history and refinement.

The Demon will be good for a few quick profits, but ultimately, it's to sell the V6 model to normal people.
    Opinions are like assholes… I'm just saying for the price of the Ferrari you posted on the last page, I could have a one off car for a fraction of the price that could come pretty damn close to matching its performance around a track.

I'm not arguing for the Dodge here, more so that it's somehow fundamentally different than buying any other overpriced sports car.

Product reflects culture. I see it on the roads all the time. People want to be racecar drivers, but not on I-80 in the boonies where it's appropriate. They want to drag race in a neighborhood, jerk their blowoff valves on 1st-3rd gear sprints on State St. They wanna look like a racecar driver but not have the discipline, balls or awareness to actually drive a performance car at its limit in a relatively sane manner. When they're actually tested, they buckle. Because they don't really know what they're doing. They're idiots. Demon clients.

My elitist animus covers the following clubs:
    - VapeBro WRX Association (blowoff valve & illiterate gf are requisite)
    - Straight-Piped Mustang Auxillary Club (800whp & a 94 IQ = member)
    - Brand new 911 with no overrevs on the DME (1.5MM in annual income yet no testicles)
    - Supercharged C6/7 ZO6 with mandatory burnouts at the meetup (steroid addiction & Skynyrd t-shirt mandatory)
    - Mazda turbo wagons with canards painted by meth-addled cousins

Think about something.. the 2016 Dodge Hellcat has 700hp & rear tires that aren't as wide as the oem setup on a 15-year-old, 6 cylinder Carrera. It's a stubborn refusal to acknowledge physics & adjust design accordingly.

These are sweet though, Ford Spec 1.6L

Name:  ford spec.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  90.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This has "bad idea" written all over it.

Sorry....that thing does nothing for me...and I'm from a Chrysler family. It's basically a glorified drag car. There's been a 2000 HP Street legal Viper around for years that does 7s I think. It does nothing for me either.

Hey, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a kick....because it sure as hell would be...but someone's gonna get killed in that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I'll most likely have 5 or 6 of these, so Ill let you know, how full of shit the hype is or isn't.

A manufacturer produces a street legal 9 second car and you peckers look for any excuse not to like it.

American muscle isn't about refinement and people will pay a large sum to do it and it rarely depreciates. Think NHRA and NASCAR.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/06/...faced-on-ebay/
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

que?

The seller notes that this particular car is serial number 15 and has zero miles on its odometer. There is clearly some discrepancy with the VIN supplied, as the AutoCheck notes a front-impact collision in March of this year and an updated salvage title by the DMV in June; however, the seller says to disregard the VIN and contact him or her instead.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/06/...#ixzz4e66379fa

que?
    I'm sure it's legit. How could it not be?

Would be hysterical to find an enterprise receipt hiding between the rear seats somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Those cars didn't come with VINs at all.

Sure, agreed it's probably legit. Kind of funny comment for an ad on a 150k car though. They may just not be on the VIN registry and there's a duplicate against the regular run? For the record I mock the 9A1 derived GT P-cars as well. Many are on their 3rd engines. Time will tell if the 4th and 5th iterations of the 9A1 GT-valvetrains are as durable as the 964/993 & GT1 derived engiens. I'd bet not.

It's strange that companies thrive while continually sacrificing what people want (durability & functionality across desired fields) with cheap & hastily generated 'improvements' that often don't beat predecessors where it matters. Higher redline but the top end of the motor dies in the first track season? Charge 'em a premium on the $250k msrp! 700hp but tires as wide as a 350Z's? Call it a Hellcat & charge $70k! We live in a world where paint to sample beats built to last & cat badges trump ability to put power down. Idiots on parade. Now dipshits get to watch a Dodge manager imbue the emotion of a drag race while pitching a street car w 800hp. Brilliant approach in an age where traffic mortality is increasing due to ignorance & lack of discipline.

Just some quick notes to catch up with you fellas:

- The Demon is a bad pharma rep car with 800hp and the same tires. I HATE non-turning "American performance" (for the contra see: C7, CTS-V, etc)

- our 996 is paint to sample. "Champagne". It's glorious but I'll see myself out.

- AKR is from a Chrysler family. I'm starting to connect some dots here.
    I still call it The Jake.

A 911 in old man tan is an interesting choice. Beaded seat cushions?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just some quick notes to catch up with you fellas:

- The Demon is a bad pharma rep car with 800hp and the same tires. I HATE non-turning "American performance" (for the contra see: C7, CTS-V, etc)

- our 996 is paint to sample. "Champagne". It's glorious but I'll see myself out.

- AKR is from a Chrysler family. I'm starting to connect some dots here.
    Been drinking again?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Been drinking again?
    You must have me confused with another high functioning alcoholic TGR attorney.

But if you want to make something more out of a good natured jab ok; I'm more than happy to point out that I'm much younger, prettier, and my prep school whooped the shit out the dandies at yours routinely - most notably in lacrosse, and that my last Chrysler product, in fact my very first brand new car - a 94 5.2L Grand Cherokee Limited died in a ball of fire of its own making.

So bottoms up ol boy!
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You must have me confused with another high functioning alcoholic TGR attorney.

But if you want to make something more out of a good natured jab ok; I'm more than happy to point out that I'm much younger, prettier, and my prep school whooped the shit out the dandies at yours routinely - most notably in lacrosse, and that my last Chrysler product, in fact my very first brand new car - a 94 5.2L Grand Cherokee Limited died in a ball of fire of its own making.

So bottoms up ol boy!
    Well...I hope you at least brought marshmallows to the pyre of that Grand Cherokee. It's always important to get a little good out of something bad, they say. Remember John Candy's burnt to a cinder LeBaron convertible in Trains, Planes & Automobiles?

Want

Lol....it's all good.

Those cars didn't come with VINs at all.
    This.

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Brilliant approach in an age where traffic mortality is increasing due to ignorance & lack of discipline.
    Not really true vs population gains specifically.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...n_U.S._by_year

Need a LaFerrari sport?

I'm sure you have 4 million to spare.

"9 second car bro." LMAO. I'll send you a poster for your room.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 04-13-2017 at 05:38 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.