Page 179 of 226 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5648
    An affinity for the Grand Cherokee was previously mentioned so I'll go with that as the favorite. Apart from that, the prices are all too damn high?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That's quite a varied list. Is this some sort of trick? Because one can never know another man's thoughts.
    Well the list evolved a little. But what I thought was, whoa, I need to drive a Cayenne S.

Yeah, it's getting to be frozen lake hucking season, I'd go for the handling of the AMGs for that task.

For actual driving the Porsche for sure.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    An affinity for the Grand Cherokee was previously mentioned so I'll go with that as the favorite. Apart from that, the prices are all too damn high?
    Yeah I set out to buy a GC. Decided to give the 4Runner a shot. Drove the Land Cruiser because I was at the Toyota dealer. Drove the Mercedes to have something to compare against the Land Cruiser. Drove the Porsche because it was next door to the Mercedes place (and because my daughter pushed me to try it).

Now I'm going with something more philosophical like, "Why the fuck did I waste a whole day (or god forbid, two) doing this?"
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

https://youtu.be/IGr3Pk6K_l4
    Ignore that it’s the coupe version - basically a cosmetic difference. Watch his GTS vid after and he’ll say S is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So I drove some cars over the weekend. 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Grand Cherokee, AMG GLC 63, AMG GLE 53, base Cayenne. What do you think I thought?
    Are you looking for a rugged reliable off road capable suv? Or a pussified expensive jelly bean? Cause you are not really comparing apples to apples.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Are you looking for a rugged reliable off road capable suv? Or a pussified expensive jelly bean? Cause you are not really comparing apples to apples.
    It wasn't a comparison as much as an exploration and even that wasn't really planned. Set out to buy a GC. One thing led to another.

Land Cruiser

AudiRS6AvantWithABox.

C’mon people.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It wasn't a comparison as much as an exploration and even that wasn't really planned. Set out to buy a GC. One thing led to another.
    So which one fits your needs the best? If you need capability and reliability, the choice is an easy one. If you don't need that stuff and prefer status and comfort, lots of nice jelly beans out there. If you are going to buy a Porsche, for fucks sake, don't buy an suv.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Who the fuck in their right mind buys a Jeep? They are direct competition with Land Rover every year for least reliability and most depreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Who the fuck said I'm in my right mind? But I've had 3 Jeeps, I know those vehicles pretty well. I have an '11 S4 with a lot of performance and suspension upgrades that I can't get down the dirt lane where we live now without bottoming out badly. Also an '04 Silverado. The original idea was to ditch both and buy something that was decent to drive and wouldn't be bothered by a rutted dirt lane or trips to the dump. Then I finally got herself to agree that selling a truck that's paid for, has no rust and runs perfect didn't make sense. So with that settled I could look at nicer vehicles but they'd still have to be able to get down the lane and be reasonable in snow.

No decisions have been made except that I'm keeping the truck. Wanna buy a nice S4?

Sounds like you may need something with crab crawl mode or at least 35 " tires and a healthy lift.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I was thinking AWD and a bit of ground clearance but you may have a point.

How many miles on the S4 and what has the maintenance been like?

They just released the Durango Hellcat today. 710 muthafukkin horseys running around under the hood oughta get you where you need to go and it's AWD with good clearance.

It's the same one you rode in back in the day. 87K. Midnight Blue (Deep Ocean Blue I think they call it). Upgraded substantially since you rode in it. Maintenance has been obsessive. Oil changes on the 5Ks. All TSB's dealt with. All service records in hand. H-sport sway bars, KN coilovers, SPC adjustable control arms, 304 end links, AWE performance exhaust, 19" BBS CH-R wheels, Huper Optik ceramic tint, mild Revo tune...the list goes on from there, there's quite a bit more. It drives like a dream, the suspension is just dialed. But it's pretty low - not drastic but low. Never been in an accident. These cars don't sell for much money. I was thinking of putting it on bringatrailer.com.

Right on. Yeah, BAT would be a good place. carsandbids.com is another site like BAT. Maybe leverage both to get a higher reserve.

Hadn't heard of carsandbids I'll check it out thanks.

After seeing your S4 work, I’d be interested to hear more on your impressions between the varied models you drove. Haven’t driven a few of those

Long story short, the Cayenne was by far the best to drive. The vehicles were all pretty different from each other so comparisons are hard. Was surprised by how boaty the GLE 53 felt, reviews kept calling it a hot rod and I'd have to disagree but maybe I was in the wrong settings? Driving the thing alone because of covid when there's like 50 things to tweak and not really knowing how they all work wasn't optimal, I'm gonna give it another shot. I really liked the Cayenne but damn they cost a fortune.

Naturally. So what color are you going for? Lol
    Over the summer I was loaned a base Cayenne coupe with PASM and have been dreaming and scheming on how to get a ‘19 normal one in my garage since. Gets my enthusiastic vote

Dealer I was at has a couple '19 S's on the lot well optioned. Pretty far from you though.

Yeah I drove the base and about two minutes after I got home I was on the configurator trying to figure out the minimum options I'd want on an S.

These things are nice. I’ve spoiled a former subie girl who despises luxury brand cars; outside of Lexus, Audi, and now Porsche is her favorite. It’s real.
    We just discussed selling our Targa and Cayenne diesel to get a ‘19 or previous gen GTS paired with a pre-loved Tundra [or the new redesign]. Thought that would cover everything. Utility and thrills. Cars we can both drive. She doesn’t like the manual 911.