Page 217 of 226 FirstFirst ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5648
    Joined the Wrx club yesterday. Not sure if it’s beauty, but fun as shit after 20 yrs of autos and family cars. Last stick was a 993. . 6 speed.31k plus tax. 2000 off sticker. Couldn’t say no.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4D116A6-F0EF-4B05-84EF-E978AC533EFA.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	977.9 KB 
ID:	449193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF4F2463-4D1D-437F-8588-E871FDADCA95.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	449194

I bet that’s a fun drive

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I bet that’s a fun drive
    Sticks are awesome. So much more engaging. I rarely hit traffic and often drive twisty, hilly, back roads for work. I must have awd too. High delta I may mountain side soon, so I’ll keep my old pilot for that. Wanted a 4 runner but prices are still too stupid. Glad I pulled the trigger.

Congrats, Cono!!! The WRX is a hoot indeed. I'm still pissed they got rid of the hatch version, but I'm glad they at least still offer it in a manual... for now. Enjoy blasting up/down the mountain in your new whip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    @Timerridge Did you like the BMW school? Not really the school I was looking for but they're close and have a sale going right now.
    You're referring to most recent one my son did--the Teen Driver one in Spartanburg, SC and/or CA?
    Yes, 100%...the Teen Driver is very well run and a great experience. My son certainly learned a lot.

Or one of the adult ones?
    They have a bunch of adult ones of various levels that also travel to different courses around the country and I'd imagine they are all run well. If you can get a discount, I'd definitely recommend them. The M Track Day looks fun if you're looking for something nearby.

Some years ago, I did a couple levels of Skip Barber school at Lime Rock which was affiliated with BMW at the time, those were very, very good, but more racetrack focused than car-control focused.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Joined the Wrx club yesterday. Not sure if it’s beauty, but fun as shit after 20 yrs of autos and family cars. Last stick was a 993. . 6 speed.31k plus tax. 2000 off sticker. Couldn’t say no.

Name:	A4D116A6-F0EF-4B05-84EF-E978AC533EFA.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	977.9 KB 
ID:	449193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF4F2463-4D1D-437F-8588-E871FDADCA95.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	449194
    Nice. Enjoy!
    Is the hood scoop functional? If so, that's one thing over the 4Runner--those are fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You're referring to most recent one my son did--the Teen Driver one in Spartanburg, SC and/or CA?
    Yes, 100%...the Teen Driver is very well run and a great experience. My son certainly learned a lot.

Or one of the adult ones?
    They have a bunch of adult ones of various levels that also travel to different courses around the country and I'd imagine they are all run well. If you can get a discount, I'd definitely recommend them. The M Track Day looks fun if you're looking for something nearby.

Some years ago, I did a couple levels of Skip Barber school at Lime Rock which was affiliated with BMW at the time, those were very, very good, but more racetrack focused than car-control focused.
    GSP. I thought you both drove for some reason. Was looking at the one day M package partly so I could flog a new M5. But, I slept on the sale and haven't looked since. Have my eye on the Lexus school even if the cars are more rotund.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    GSP. I thought you both drove for some reason. Was looking at the one day M package partly so I could flog a new M5. But, I slept on the sale and haven't looked since. Have my eye on the Lexus school even if the cars are more rotund.
    Gotcha. I didn't know Lexus did them too. Imagine if they brought an LF-A...

Gotcha. I didn't know Lexus did them too. Imagine if they brought an LF-A...
    I’d sign up for that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Is the hood scoop functional?
    Subaru doesn't do anything for looks.

It's functional on the WRX and STi.

And don't get me started on the fake Toyota scoops. "Sure, I'd like to lose at least 1 mpg, while gaining at least a decibel of wind noise in a vehicle that's already loud and thirsty, just so I can look cool - although I can't actually see anything because the sun reflections off the fake scoop are blinding"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Subaru doesn't do anything for looks.

It's functional on the WRX and STi.

And don't get me started on the fake Toyota scoops. "Sure, I'd like to lose at least 1 mpg, while gaining at least a decibel of wind noise in a vehicle that's already loud and thirsty, just so I can look cool - although I can't actually see anything because the sun reflections off the fake scoop are blinding"
    LOL. I remember choosing between the Limited 4Runner and the Sport 4Runner on the lot when I bought my 2000. I asked the guy what the difference was between both trims as they seemingly had the same stuff, leather, electronics, shit, even color. And he said, "this one has a hood scoop". "And is that for better air intake to the engine?", I asked him.

Nope, just looks cooler.

I got the Limited.

Subaru scoops are kind of functional. They direct air to the intercooler:

Name:  12196457-563A-4A4E-BB7C-4F3B20C2B05D.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  152.4 KB

But that’s a pretty inefficient location to get the job done.

I think the real reason they ever existed in the first place was so the WRC cars could do this:

Name:	1C7DCEAC-208D-486A-BA25-5969FBDD112B.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	746.0 KB 
ID:	449659

LOL. I remember choosing between the Limited 4Runner and the Sport 4Runner on the lot when I bought my 2000. I asked the guy what the difference was between both trims as they seemingly had the same stuff, leather, electronics, shit, even color. And he said, "this one has a hood scoop". "And is that for better air intake to the engine?", I asked him.

Nope, just looks cooler.

I got the Limited.
    There are entire threads on T4R org, 4Runners com, and TacomaWorld that are nothing but "I will trade a scoop/flat hood for the other"

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

Name:	1C7DCEAC-208D-486A-BA25-5969FBDD112B.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	746.0 KB 
ID:	449659
    Now, those are intakes.

Singer is going racing.

Oh my...

Name:  Screenshot 2023-03-01 123121.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  111.4 KB

So that makes 2 Porsche factory 963 teams running a full season on IMSA and WEC, an additional 3rd factory team for Le 24h, and now this Singer team running in LMDh/GDP. Wow.

seriously, they are most welcome

That Hertz livery couldn’t look any better.

And apparently TB12 is involved somehow. Divorced life must be suiting him.

That Hertz livery couldn’t look any better.
    Name:  i_love_gold.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  341.5 KB

Oh wow. Can't wait to see them race! I wonder who they'll have drive for them.

Man, if our TGR collective ever actually hit it big with teh Mega Jillions, first thing I'd get after my RS6 Avant would have to be a Singer. Well, that and a Cyan P1800. ...aaaaaaand now I'm broke again. Lol. Would be totally worth blowing my load on those 3 cars, though. It'll be classic seeing my fleet of cars worth over a million sitting outside my singlewide trailer.

MontuckyFried be like:

Sounds like Southern California. Everyone has a nice car and lives in a shack.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

Man, if our TGR collective ever actually hit it big with teh Mega Jillions, first thing I'd get after my RS6 Avant would have to be a Singer. Well, that and a Cyan P1800. ...aaaaaaand now I'm broke again. Lol. Would be totally worth blowing my load on those 3 cars, though. It'll be classic seeing my fleet of cars worth over a million sitting outside my singlewide trailer.

MontuckyFried be like:
    Usual factory Porsche driver teams will be filling out the rosters; Nasr, Tandy, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

MontuckyFried be like:
    LFA living next door?

That's one hell of a trailer park.