Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Haha.....of course you would include a freaking giant with the reel!

Looks great! When will they be available for purchase?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Haha.....of course you would include a freaking giant with the reel!

Looks great! When will they be available for purchase?
    You should see them in early April at your local shop or on Orvis.com. $98 final price regardless of size.
    Harvest the ride.

L8 pm me on where to send my commission check

I didn't bother to read the whole thread so take that into consideration.

I can wholeheartedly recommend a Lamson Litespeed. They have a click and pawl that's even lighter but I can't think of the name right now. Great reel. Maybe not a "classic" look though.

For that I'd pick up a Ross Evolution, the older one. Small, light, great drag and you can get it for around $160 on EBay all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by powking12 View Post
    I didn't bother to read the whole thread so take that into consideration.

I can wholeheartedly recommend a Lamson Litespeed. They have a click and pawl that's even lighter but I can't think of the name right now. Great reel. Maybe not a "classic" look though.

For that I'd pick up a Ross Evolution, the older one. Small, light, great drag and you can get it for around $160 on EBay all the time.
    The Evolution is 3.9oz. I want an ultralite reel with a click drag. The two options really seem to be a Sage Click III at 2.5 oz or the Lamson ULA Purist at 2.7 oz. The Lamson is $50 more. It is going on semi light rods that are 2.7oz and 1.9oz...and are used in the backcountry a lot.

The Ross Evolution is a disc drag and is 3.9oz. I would of just kept the Hatch if I wanted a disc drag on my 3 and 4 wt. Thanks.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

There's that Waterworks ULA Purist I or II. Cut off some of the useless portion of running line of a #4wf and can most likely get 25yds of backing and a #4line onto the "I"....fwiw. Orvis has most always had some nice lightweight reels with lightweight drags as well. Sage's Click has felt ok too.....when you get counting hairs...and good drags..there isn't a whole lot of difference, except maybe some capacity issues...meh.
    Last edited by steved; 02-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Heheh. Can't wait to trial the Ross Evolution against the Hatch 3+.

I will get it mailed out in the next day or so BS720. Thanks!

I am pretty set on the Click...I fished my 6wt yesterday on the S. Platte and caught a pretty nice rainbow that ran a time or two and took some line off my Ross Evolution...I can def see how not having a drag will make catching a 20+ wild trout a lot of fun!

L8...why do we have to wait so long for these to be available? Haha.

Looks like they are up on the UK site for pre-order, I don't see anything on the US site.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product...ubcat_id=10112

The design is very interesting and very very simple. Has anyone else thought of this method of adjustment before? To me it looks like you rotate the square "pawl" to increase the spring tension on the other pawl that engages the spool. So there is just 4 settings, same tension in and out...correct? Any issue with the square adjustment rotating on its own?

Nice, at this day in age, to see companies pushing the competition towards performance with price...

its really nice and interesting..

I ended up with a Galvan Brookie...I will let everyone know how it does. I have been impressed with their other reels, it is made in America, and should accompish what I am looking for.