Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Props to Splat & PM Gear

Just wanted to give splat some props for helping me out. Ripped the toe out of my lhasa pows (1st gen carbon) and asked splat if he could look at them and see if they were salvageable. Headed over to PM Gear world headquarters for splat to give the prognosis. Seems the core had some leakage from a previous mount and had begun to rot and the topsheet was pulling apart, so no dice. And there, over against the wall was a single 186 lhasa with the green top sheet. Splat flexed it and then my good ski and said they were long lost twins. Sure enough, they flex nearly identically. Even though the layout and materials are different, they look and flex identically. Love these skis, had so much fun on them.

Just wanted to say to splat thanks for helping me out.

mark

He is one of the good ones around here^^^^ I have a pair of 1st generation 186`s also.Love those skis.

At the end of the day, Pat always made things right when anything went wrong - and then went a little above and beyond just making things right.

And in this case, went above and beyond when what went wrong had nothing to do with PMGear.

Excellent!
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

tell me about it!!!! i would still be skiing mismatched crap if splat had not offered up a pair of old school lhasa pows!! i have put over 120 hard days on them and i expect to add at least another 100 before i return them!!! deep bows mr splat!!!

often i see newcomers to this band of the tribe get all bent and butthurt over the rough humor found here. duck tape is good. but seriously, if noobs take a lick or two and get to know the real people behind our goofy names they will discover a gold mine of knowledge and generosity. basically all of my gear has been donated to me by the great folks here on tgr. so take the time to settle in and you will find a home!!!

For sures!

A while back...maybe like a year ago, I was in on the FKNA t-shirt buy. Got my shirts and went on my way.

About 9 or so months later, a minty shirt shows up at my doorstep. Thinking I musta missed it in the order I just went on my way.

A couple weeks later I got a note from Pat asking if I got the shirt. He said that he had an extra...and who doesnt like getting a surprise FKNA shirt.

Small gesture? Maybe...but that's the kind of cool shit that makes for the loyalty that peeps have for companies like PM Gear.

Props to Pat!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

^^ truth spoken here. have met a very few of the clan in person, but many a folk has proven to be top notch via pm/email/gear swap etc.

Great co, great skis

not to even mention the freakin' hookers and blow.. sheeeiiit!!

'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

"I was born a poor black child, Splat took me in and raised as his own."

Oh wait, wrong movie.

Pat has been great to deal with, and I love my PMGear skis.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Everything stated in this thread is correct
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

+1 He's hooked me up as well. He's the forilla!

+6 'cause that's how many pairs of skis I have ended up getting from them (so far...) due to the awesomeness.

Always treated me as a valuable customer, and made things right if there was an issue. Super open and honest about the product and process.

The one sure think about PM Gear: Best customer service/warranty on the planet.

Call a spade a spade.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Me, being a man with limited funds, longed for the 186 Lhasa. Pat, being a man of great generosity, figured out how to get me a pair of used/returned Lhasas with mismatched bases for my budget. No need for him to go above and beyond to get me on a pair of his fine skis but he did....and even followed up with a phone call to make sure I received them in good order. Shout out to Pat!

+1 for splat and FKNA sweet Lhasa Pows. Just had the bases of my 186 pair restored, and hoping they'll hold up for a while longer. Those newer carbon offerings are looking sweet, though..
    Ordered 3 pairs of skis from PmGear over the years, and Pat has always been great dealing with.
    Sinful and wind-borne..

shouldn't everyone be thanking K2?

^^^ start a tr and do it!!!!!!!!!!1

I thought pat was a dentist?

and my 186's and 191's are ghetto fab! thanks for the hookoups.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

I sent splat a PM the other day wanted to discuss the new rocker profile on the 191 Fat. He told me it was too complicated to explain in a PM so he gave me his cell # and told me to call him when I had a second. Keep in mind, I'm just some guy who bought one pair of skis from PM Gear; don't know him personally or anything.

Called him a few days later -- dude answered the phone like I was an old friend. Talked to me for five or ten minutes -- actually talked me OUT of buying a new pair of skis, and then said "Hey buddy, I gotta run -- need to cross five lanes of traffic to make my exit."

Now that's customer service.

Oh, and his skis aren't too shabby either...
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

once again deep bows to Pat and Dibs for helping my sorry ass. i broke the toe piece off the lhasa pow on saturday due to my negligence and jongish doh doh doh!!! this am i peddled up to Dibs a swapped the lhasa's for the bro model without early rise. you guys are the best. by 1145 i was on the super loser bus headed for the bird. and wow!!! i have been getting lazy/sloppy with the ease of early rise. nice to make some carved turns!!! so i owe you guys some ditch diggin payback!!!!

Ditto to everyone's posts above for Pat and PM Gear. Hate to keep piling on the love, but I cannot say enough about the customer service. I had an incident up at Alpental Sunday morning with my lhasa pow fats and sent an email to Pat with my sob story. He contacted me within an hour and had a solution. Then to my surprise a package arrived two days later, which means I can get bindings on and ready for the weekend. Customer for life and looking forward to the new Kusula Pow.

My wife and I currently own 7 pairs of bros between us, have cycled another 3 pairs thru our hands and into friends and family. Hell yeh I like em!

Ditto. Pat's a good guy.

I've hurt my body pretty bad on his skis - including tumbling off a cliff backwards - and they're no worse for wear.

FKNA

Fuck, Pat hurt himself pretty badly of PMGear skis. That just means the skis are great, and we are weak.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    I've hurt my body pretty bad on his skis - including tumbling off a cliff backwards ...
    FKNA
    Did you take it to the road?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.