American Horror Story on FX

any one else watch this? the first season is on netflix, maybe some other sites as well.
    season 2 is ongoing and so far is topping season one. creepy, funny, dramatic, scary, sometimes tries a bit too hard making fun of soap opera cliches, but overall well worth watching. might get my vote for the best show on tv right now cause of the wait for new breaking bad and mad men. jessica lange kills it.
    if interested in some detail to whet your appetite, the best recaps are at televisionwithoutpity.com. (as well as probably the best recaps for all tv shows).
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

We recently watched season 1 and absolutely loved it until the ending, which we thought really fell flat on it's face.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Got season 1 on DVD for Christmas. My sister loves it, so she's trying to get us into it. Havent started it yet, but I've heard good things..

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    We recently watched season 1 and absolutely loved it until the ending, which we thought really fell flat on it's face.
    i disagree about the finale falling on its face, at least a bit. it was a twist on a happy ending, and it wasn't as interesting/enjoyable as other episodes though.
    season 2 is better than 1 imo, finale coming up tomorrow
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Just got turned onto it. Pretty decadent, but, the visuals at times are fascinating. Suddenly, everything on screen is synthetic.

Lady Gaga is pretty ugly. But, you knew that.

I think this Hotel season is the worst so far. It's just barely getting ok now that all the strings are sort of coming together. I felt like the first 2/3rds of the season were just silly gratuitous violence with dead end story lines...and that's saying something for someone who has enjoyed the other seasons. I've definitely enjoyed the other 3 a heck of a lot more.
    We've been simul-watching Coven season. That one kicks ass.

Just watched the last episode. The last 1/3 of the season improved immensely.

I guess this show isn't that popular here - there's been, what, 8 seasons and there are only like 7 posts here in the thread for it?

But it is a pretty good show, evidenced by the fact that it has lasted 8 seasons. I really liked the 1st season (Murder House) and 2nd and 3rd seasons were good too. (Asylum and Coven). Season 4 (Hotel?) and 5 (Freak Show) kind of sucked and I thought it was the end, but season 6 was really well done I thought (Roanoke). Missed last season entirely. Season 8 just started - Apocalypse - and seems promising.

Usually well written and acted, and there is always a good cast (Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Zach Quinto, Angela Basset, Michael Chiklis, Chloe Sevigny, Evan Peters, Lady Gaga, etc)

Anybody watching Apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I guess this show isn't that popular here - there's been, what, 8 seasons and there are only like 7 posts here in the thread for it?

But it is a pretty good show, evidenced by the fact that it has lasted 8 seasons. I really liked the 1st season (Murder House) and 2nd and 3rd seasons were good too. (Asylum and Coven). Season 4 (Hotel?) and 5 (Freak Show) kind of sucked and I thought it was the end, but season 6 was really well done I thought (Roanoke). Missed last season entirely. Season 8 just started - Apocalypse - and seems promising.

Usually well written and acted, and there is always a good cast (Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Zach Quinto, Angela Basset, Michael Chiklis, Chloe Sevigny, Evan Peters, Lady Gaga, etc)

Anybody watching Apocalypse?
    watch season 7, pretty unsettling. Freaks was a good season, too. These actors have range. saw 8:1 last week. Joan Collins, pretty cool. it's a bit limp so far, tho.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.