Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ^^^ yeah SFB great volunteer effort! way to spread the fly vibe... Kessler is such a stud.

90 degree heat wave this weekend, turned me to tiny gradient mtn mt spring water.

Beer Can Brookie

Bic Lighter Brown

Fuck the Klamath Dams. Can't wait till the decade this half-pounder* is a 10 pound steelhead.

*just a theory, probably a redband descendent but some, including myself, think there are steelie ancestors.

Very nice Underoos. Should be a great summer.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

You find some incredible water down there!

Animas and upper San Juan last this weekend. Pics taken by non-mag friend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911623.550300.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	138581

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911639.866758.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	419.7 KB 
ID:	138582

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911656.344755.jpg 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	138583

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911670.248946.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	138584

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911697.612686.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	138585

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911709.765641.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	138586

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911720.606404.jpg 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	138587

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911730.837928.jpg 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	138588

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911741.837663.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	138589

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1370911754.540763.jpg 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	138590

I wish I had a giant map of all the places Underoos fishes and where the pictures are from! Good stuff. I should have some from this weekend as we are taking my buddies dad from PA out on a 3 days trip.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I wish I had a giant map of all the places Underoos fishes and where the pictures are from! Good stuff. I should have some from this weekend as we are taking my buddies dad from PA out on a 3 days trip.
    The map would actually be quite small. 90+% of the pictures he has posted are from public waters less that 2hrs. from your house.
    a. figure out what county we live in
    b. purchase Gazetteer
    c. get a designated driver
    d. purchase 12pk or more
    e. drive dirt roads in said county with said map
    f. slay fish

I know it sounds stupid but there is so much good fishing in Colorado that never gets fished. The fly shops ain't gonna tell you cause that's where their employees are fishing. I laugh my ass off at all the weekend warriors i see with all the stuff in the expensive SUVs driving to fish elbow to elbow on some big name tailwater right by the road.

I miss the Foggy Goggle back in PA at Seven Springs. Much fun.

Yeah, I do know which Country he lives in. I only fish probably 30 days a year and it due to how tight the CO laws are on access, I never thought about just driving around and trying to find access points. I have always relied on the various books and fly shops. I taught myself how to fly fish and have only ever fished with other people that I taught. I will give the drive around and find fishing a try though. Thanks.

This weekend I am stuck on the elbow to elbow tailwaters since my buddies dad from out of town is only here a short time. Friday on the Dream Stream or 11-mile, Saturday on the Blue below Green mtn, and some still water up behind the resevoir.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    fkna underoos every time i go out i swear i'm gonna try n take more pics but it don't seem to happen. hopin to get the g15 back soon as the dslr has a few to many river and ski days on it and needs to get sum love.
    headed up n over to the river of the prairie chix, as those who inhabited it before us named her, and met my dad to get our float on
    otr

objects in the mirror may appear jacked up due to piss poor trailer backing skills

fished okay best dawn&dusk
    as the small hatches and low light put em in feedin mode

some akdk mountain hippie maggot on a road trip showed up

Tellee got waylaid didn't miss much they jacked the water (irragation draw would be my guess as it was a one dayer)
    wich led to a whole lot of fly cleaning

the B right on fiishin team were in the hood

Quote Originally Posted by YoungManofTheMountain View Post
    can't say for sure but sadly that pig ate her last night crawler as an old man hooked and cooked er.
    Kind of funny I think he expected us to give him shit as he was super defensive perhaps i should of but the bottom line is if the powers that be in a state i don't even reside in say you can bait dunk and whack your fish. what am i gonna say
    Thought about offerin to go to kemerer and score him 5lbs of salmon that'd taste a whole hell of a lot better than a big ol gamey brown, but fuck it he'd no net played er out to the point of death anyhow.
    Also thought about unleashin dork dog as he'd a gone into spastic fish on mode and facilitated a ldr
    Kudos for you guys releasing the fish that make that place special and given others a shot at a fish of the season for most.
    A few cicadas about but not a lot of fish keyin in on top.
    headed back that way next weds or thurs then on to dj for the weekend for a tu chapter outing
    They're campin @ drippin springs aka scorched earth cg , I can't stand that place. I'll probably camp on river if i can find someone who wants to dyi or split shuttle costs and show up for happy hour and the pot luck grub
    word is traditional summer flows 800 w/ a daylight bump to 12-16 hundy which fishes well - the hour or so the bump hits
    gonna make it up ID way soon probably sooner now that the fenders no longer on

we havin a summit this year or what?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The map would actually be quite small. 90+% of the pictures he has posted are from public waters less that 2hrs. from your house.
    a. figure out what county we live in
    b. purchase Gazetteer
    c. get a designated driver
    d. purchase 12pk or more
    e. drive dirt roads in said county with said map
    f. slay fish

I know it sounds stupid but there is so much good fishing in Colorado that never gets fished. The fly shops ain't gonna tell you cause that's where their employees are fishing. I laugh my ass off at all the weekend warriors i see with all the stuff in the expensive SUVs driving to fish elbow to elbow on some big name tailwater right by the road.

^ Whole lotta truth right there.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372047377.262566.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	369.9 KB 
ID:	139051
    Trib on the east side of JH

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372047377.262566.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	369.9 KB 
ID:	139051
    Trib on the east side of JH
    That's a purdy fish.

lil' John Day bass action

and a few shots from the salmonfly hatch on the D, goddamn those redbands had some fat stuffed bellies, true stone killed it

K.I.R.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

lots of good shots, but that sunset pic is a real beauty. That one is a screensaver.

some recent phone footage

Had a pretty good couple of hours on Tennessee browns last night. Got a bad case of the damp-ass in the rain, but it was productive. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Apparently got water on the lens in the last one.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Sfb thanks for hauling my jong ass along to the green! We fished hard sunup to sundown (and then some) ate and drank like kings and had damn good time!

A couple things I learned on that trip...

1-casting full line length with a 6 wt all day for 4 days straight will kill your arm.
    2-rowing a drift boat is fkn fun! I enjoy sitting at the sticks and rowing people so thy can catch fish almost as much fun as the fish catching myself.
    3-It's always 420 somewhere.

Sfb knows that river better than I know the back of my hand. I highly recommend fishing it with him.... its a damn good time!

Sent from my MB886 using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Somewhere away from the fires...

That was fun! There's gotta be more fish around here somewhere...

A little smaller...

Hot dog!