Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Was able to sneak off for a few hours yesterday and fish a North Carolina Creek..landed a few 10-12" Brookies, a Brown and this 20 something rainbow..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1367182751.732248.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	137163

Pretty bow!
    Bugs showed up in force on the Henry's Fork this weekend. I bumped into the Hank Patterson (and crazy Reece) Hank was kind enough to show me how to take down a bear should the need arise. Super nice dude.

Good to get back out.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Went for steelhead today with Vinman, on a notorious VT steel fishery in the cold months, but when it warms they head back to Lake Champlain and the smallmouths move into the trib. Looks like we were a week late on the steel, but these guys more than made up for it. Switched from egg and nymph patterns pretty quickly once we realize what was going on and landed a bunch of beauty bronze bullies. Haven't had sticks bent this far in a while, been a long ski season. Stoked to be back on the water.

some iphone footage

Nice smallies! the red in the eyes is really cool. Got to float a river in Wyoming last thurs/fri and ran into a few hard fighting local residents. My buddy pulled out the biggest brown ive personally seen caught. Thing measured 25'' and towed us around the river like moby fucking dick.

Damn nice way to start off Monday morning at work! Prime conditions over there.

[QUOTE=thin cover;3982620]Went for steelhead today with Vinman, on a notorious VT steel fishery in the cold months, but when it warms they head back to Lake Champlain and the smallmouths move into the trib. Looks like we were a week late on the steel, but these guys more than made up for it. Switched from egg and nymph patterns pretty quickly once we realize what was going on and landed a bunch of beauty bronze bullies. Haven't had sticks bent this far in a while, been a long ski season. Stoked to be back on the water.

some iphone footage

Nice job TC! You and Vinman need to come out and we will float some of the west!

YMOM nice work! I have been wanting to get out to that particular stretch.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

^^^^ That is a high priority, your hospitality is outstanding. With kid number 2 coming in July, this may not be the summer I get it done, we'll see.

Well... I suppose another kid is a priority, but if you get out Skifishbum and I will make it worth your while!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Dammit Underoos! Every time I think I have something to put in this thread you throw down. Nice work!

I want to trade places with Underroos for a couple weeks.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    The shop I teched for this winterShameless spam
    Took us all to the big isle in HI. as a season ending bonus
    Took the stick and made some casts

Not a lot of flats mostly fly eating lava and waves

Still being a member of the church of fly chuckers I went to mass daily passed by the other peoples place of whorship enroute to ours

headed down south as far south as you can in the united states anyhow.
    Ive circus nymphed with balloons but the garbage bag indicator was a new one for me

crew did some huckin

poured a sip out for the pursuers of the fishes that are no longer with us

Hiked over to some green sand beaches

dogs and shelters

So hopin for a shot at some big HI bones we island hopped over to Ohua had a local company grab us at the airport and drop us and a kayak off next to the airport on the triangle flats

loadeded er up and headed out

easy acess to cool water

the bones were there and they were big green tinted torpedeos
    fish on

and the fish off look of frustration as another diched him in the coral

Had a few shots and some fish on but none came to hand
    substained ourselves w/ beer and bongos

Of coarse the closer it got to my 6 pm flight the tide came up and more fish came in
    and of coarse that ended w/ me having to run to the airport.
    should of grabbed this but he'd seen better days

as had this craft

Wife showed up and we headed up n and hiked a bit round the Valley of kings Waipio

found a reminder of the wasatch

managed to kill the camera the next day so this is it for fish pics

fished a bit at the harbor and amaloua sumthin a bay, but other than all the cornet I care to catch fishin the big island from shore is tough and donating flies is a given. I would definately head back to oahu for another stab @
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

nice shots sfb looks like a good time

It's a cool world we fish in

Good stuff all !

Nice HI Stoke! Same experience on my part from shore (including the many missing flies and coronet fish). Now I did meet some locals that were fly fishing from kayaks, that looked very interesting but I didn't try it.

That's damn fine to get a trip to HI for the end of a season!
    Last edited by schwerty; 05-09-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Really nice stoke all and kick ass trip SFB. Looks like yous guys had a blast.

This is not my fish, but the doods over at "Vermont Fly Guys" pulled this one in this past weekend from a little Vermont Creek. One of the best browns I have seen landed on a fly anywhere in VT

Last edited by thin cover; 05-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Some VT small stream fishing yesterday.

Went home to see my parents and fish with my dad this weekend

Friend's pond saturday evening

Caddo lake Sunday Morning...cool (relatively), windy and rough

This lake was home to some of the first offshore oil production. As a result, there is trash in the form of "sucker rods" (rebar and old pipes) all over the lake that are difficult or impossible to see and will fuck a boat up in a hurry if you hit them at speed. So despite many parts of the lake looking wide open, it's not safe to run anywhere close to full throttle except in the network of marked boat roads.

We did find some spots that were sheltered, one little bass that inhaled a popper in some lily pads and what I think was a chain pickerel that shook off during a botched netting.

One of my buddy Bill from last night. I usually don't bring a camera but this creek warrants the risk of me getting in deep shit with my Wife if I drop her fancy camera in the water. Unfortunately, this was the only time I took it out of my pack. The fishin' and catching of these hogs was too good to fumble around with a camera.

Beautiful colors on that fish!

It is a sexy fish! Took a 16 Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    One of my buddy Bill from last night. I usually don't bring a camera but this creek warrants the risk of me getting in deep shit with my Wife if I drop her fancy camera in the water. Unfortunately, this was the only time I took it out of my pack. The fishin' and catching of these hogs was too good to fumble around with a camera.

Damn, I obviously need to come visit! I just got my boat back from Hyde (5 years of slamming into rocks) and am thinking I need to get it up to your neck of the woods soon.