Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Another good delivery!

Sick trout Underoos,
    Jesus Cxxxxt...now what do I do, get ready for spring(paddle/flyfish) or spend $$$ on lift tix....(no pass...not a good season)..
    aaarrggghhhhh..

Eleuthera, Bahamas
    First time fishing saltwater, didn't catch anything huge but I was happy with my first week hunting bonefish.

Awesome...congrats on the week and catch. I am really hoping to do my first salt trip this year as well.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

nice. I took my first trip to Eleuthera Thanksgiving week. I'll be back. We had a blast there, and I caught a few DIY bones myself.

We stayed at South Palmetto Point. What about you?

we had a house down in Rock Sound. Went out two days with a guide (Paul Petty) and 3 days fishing on our own. Hit flats around Savannah Sound, Half Sound, across the bay from Rock Sound and a good find down south that took a bit of exploring to get to. Had our best luck down there while we did manage to pull a fish out of the overfished Savannah Sound too only yo leave a couple hours before this guy got attacked by a shark!
    http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...ad.php?t=29325

Rainy morning on the Lower Mountain Fork in Oklahoma

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    tampons wrappers in the trash can, no work, and $$$ in the wallet ment
    threw the deity on the dash

& went

pit stop at the

flows are low and the "greens" still lookin brown yet

cool sunsets provided some color

furkid was stoked despite his disdain at the lack of catching

had some friends come up brought the good eats

I did a simple yet effective bfast

Kessler shared the boat

and lunch

had a few of these tastey beverages

and a few of these

plyed the water hard

butts

not much
    Last edited by skifishbum; 04-10-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Nice work SFB!

Nicely done Dibs, some days it's all about the trip, not the catch.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I really wish my fishing partner made a better photographer! Still, not a bad way to start out the year!

Last edited by NWskibum; 04-19-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NWskibum View Post
    I really wish my fishing partner made a better photographer! Still, not a bad way to start out the year!
    Rocky Ford?

Nice to see you guys are killing it this spring!

Good stuff guys.

One week till skiff time.

I dig this thread! I'm a gaper in the world of fishing but love getting out there and this thread gets me psyched to get out on the water.

Here's a little Cutty stoke from the Gros Ventre yesterday, below Kelly in Jackson Hole. Anyone fish it much? Doesn't seem to have the biggest fish population (?) but has some great scenery and accessible wading options.

I fish that stretch. The only time of year it really shines is for about the 2-3wks after the water clears in summer. You will find a decent population of fish from the snake in there plus the resident fish. The population is pretty low by late July on a normal year due to irrigation demand. The water in that stretch warms very quickly as it get lower. Late July water temps are sometimes too warm to support cutthroat in all but the deepest holes. Fun and scenic water though!

If time permits the upper river is a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I fish that stretch. The only time of year it really shines is for about the 2-3wks after the water clears in summer. You will find a decent population of fish from the snake in there plus the resident fish. The population is pretty low by late July on a normal year due to irrigation demand. The water in that stretch warms very quickly as it get lower. Late July water temps are sometimes too warm to support cutthroat in all but the deepest holes. Fun and scenic water though!

If time permits the upper river is a whole different story.
    makes sense, thanks for the info schwerty! It's one of my favorites just because it's conducive to wade fishing. I do like the Snake but there's something about fishing to specific spots that I really enjoy

Hopefully nobody gets pissy that I am posting this much detail but we are not talking about a secret stream in a secluded spot down a forest road.

PSki- if you dig the GV right below Kelly , give it a shot at Golf and Tennis. Irrigation plays an even bigger role than across the hwy but still worth fishing. I've found it fishes better than the other side at this time of year. Obviously you will be running into private property south of the spring cr bridge. I am not suggesting poaching it cuz those folks can be bitchy but there is some quality water down there.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Hopefully nobody gets pissy that I am posting this much detail but we are not talking about a secret stream in a secluded spot down a forest road.

PSki- if you dig the GV right below Kelly , give it a shot at Golf and Tennis. Irrigation plays an even bigger role than across the hwy but still worth fishing. I've found it fishes better than the other side at this time of year. Obviously you will be running into private property south of the spring cr bridge. I am not suggesting poaching it cuz those folks can be bitchy but there is some quality water down there.
    thanks schwerty! i've heard murmurs about that section but not fished it.

Got out on the Snake yesterday and found some pretty good fishing- mostly nymphing but a bit of dry action as well. Looks like warm temps and fun fishing ahead until runoff!

Good stuff dudes! Spring just started up again around here. I'm headed to float the Green for a couple of days before a 6 day Yampa permit. I just visited one of my best friend who moved to Victor and patrols at Targhee. His new crib at the base of Pine Creek Pass is fishing central. Fishing is good!

The last month of the season was pretty nice but we've still been getting out and about...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_zps474a26b4.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	137152  
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Fuck yeah, this thread delivers!
    Hope to contribute soon.

Carry on.