Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Things every man should have / be able to do

It baffles me how whiney and clueless some men are these days. Maybe your dad didn't teach you the important things growing up but it's time to buck up and own those pubes on your sac! It's okay that you might gel your hair, wear cologne, or otherwise lean toward the metro sexual side but here's a rough guideline for all you wimps:

You don't really need much in your shower besides a bar of soap, razor, shampoo. period. Unless you share a bathroom with a woman.

Own a chainsaw or at the very least a decent hatchet

Have some knowledge in car/engine maintenance.

Know how to read a map, a paper map not a GPS

Be able to start a fire just about anytime anywhere. Bonus points for using only 1 match

Don't cry when there's no cream for the coffee. Drink it black

Have a deep fondness forJohnny Cash and Waylon Jennings

Own adecent set of tools even if its cheap crap from Home Depot

Mount your own fucking skis

Keep a bottle of whiskey in your house.
    Know how to cook a steak without a meat thermometer.
    Learn some framing skills.

I can agree with all but the Johnny Cash/Waylon Jennings part. Especially sense a "deep fondness" sounds a bit too much like a man crush.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Basic first aid, and be able to cook for oneself. I'll add at least a theoretical knowledge of firearms andhow to butcher an animal.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Yes knowing how to field dress an animal or fillet a fish is important. Ordering red meat over medium or cooking it over 150 negates all manliness.

bklyn is online now who guards the guardians?
    Every man should know how to fuck and if they are straight, know how to eat pussy.

Space reserved for that special video posted a few years back

I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Pretty sound logic, Tracy.

You can be gay as hell if you want just know how to pound that shit proper.

Back on topic. You must love dogs or like them better than cats

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Every man should know how to fuck and if they are straight, know how to eat pussy.

every man should be coachable. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KoKopeLLi View Post
    Don't cry when there's no cream for the coffee. Drink it black
    You put cream in your coffee? I bet you put sugar in too. What a wuss.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Steak?

Shaving razors?

Cream?

Matches?

Is this one of those "man" things where you weaklings sit around a fire passing the "talking stick" and crying?

Yes but first I still need help pitching my tent.

Aren't clips and magazines the same thing?

Every man should have at the very least two really good scars.

...and I don't mean on your soul.

Drive a stick

A man should know that if he's changing a flat tire on a vehicle to break the lugs loose before jacking the vehicle up. He should also know that the rim might be rusted/frozen to the hub and might not budge even after removing the lugs, so he should know to bash the flat tire with the spare to break it loose.*

*Of course I knew all these things when I changed a tire a couple days ago. Of course...

A lot of these are things everyone should have/know how to do regardless of what's between your legs.
    Like changing a flat tire.

Dammit, Like a Boss got to it first.
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 01-18-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: too slow
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

You should have been in at least one REAL fight in your life. You should know what it feels like, the fear, the adrenaline, the rush.

Roll a fattie.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    You should have been in at least one REAL fight in your life. You should know what it feels like, the fear, the adrenaline, the rush.
    And you should not have started it over some stupid bullshit. Bonus points if your first was against the school bully who was both older and larger than you when you were in elementary school.

A man should be able to drive a car. I don't mean pilot one in a safe and sane respectable manner following every law, I mean he should be able to fucking drive it, not all the time, but he should at least be able to.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Every man should have at the very least two really good scars.

...and I don't mean on your soul.
    I got trouble with this one as my skin seems to heal even very large scars completly away. 20somtehing stitches on my forehead is GONE as is the scar across my lip/jaw from getting clotheslined by a rope while skiing 40mph.

-Know how to give/take a punch
    -Basic wilderness survival knowledge
    -Tie a tie
    -Push start a car
    -Read a tape measure
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KoKopeLLi View Post
    Own a chainsaw or at the very least a decent hatchet
    A man should know how to use an axe and a handsaw. And how to sharpen the handsaw and the axe.

And not care about cliche'd manhood

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Seems like a pretty good list to me.

Open a beer bottle with a lighter

Make the whisky bottle whistle

How do you sharpen a hand saw?

Poetry Leroy, poetry.

Put a dying animal out of misery whatever means necessary.