Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Moment Bibby Pro 190 is the ShIIiiit!!!!

Forget about anything else, any other ski any other review. The Bibby Pro 190 is the King of the Mountain. Plain and simple!! ... Having said that, I wanna try the Governor (the Bibby pro Special) too. Bibby Pro fuckin Rocks though!!! Much love to Johnny Sizzler. You are the man!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TGR Forums

Join the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

just was one mine i picked up off of tahoepa. they are damn nice

i have to wax 'em up a bit to let them sing but I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkla52 View Post
    I wanna try the Governor (the Bibby pro Special) too.
    Me too! Can anyone offer up a review?

X3 love mine in everything. Wanna try the governor 196 too however I feel like it wouldn't be too useful skiing mostly in bounds at mammoth, my home mtn.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Me too! Can anyone offer up a review?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...)-BEST-ONE-YET

Tried them and they weren't for me. I love my 190 Bibbys on the other hand.

Trex, I'm actually in Mammoth right now. I skied the Bibbys yesterday and today. I was very impressed with them esp given that the snow was wind blown and mad hard pack. I was coming down Dragon Back and Dragon Tail off chair 9 with them and I was blown away how well they just ripped everything out of the way as if they were coming out straight from hell... Only reason why I wanna try the Governor, is bc it has a turn radius of 20 (on the 186) as supposed to 26 on The 190 Bibby. Moment says the Governor is stiffer than the Bibby which I'm actually not happy about that but I'm hoping the 20 turn radius might give shorter turns than the Bibby. But having said all that, I'm Def keeping the Bibby regardless of how the Governor is... If you guys wanna a review on the Governor, PappaG has a very good review on the Governor (his review is on the Bibby Pro Special, which is the other name for the Governor) . Check it out... Btw Trex, you skiing 2mrw?

Dc, what didn't you like about them compared to Bibby if you don't mind me asking?

Dc, what didn't you like about them compared to Bibby if you don't mind me
    He posted a link to his review of them above. Those were early release though that you were trying out, we're they not Dan? I believe the real production Governors have a wider tail than the protos so it's not such a radical pin...although 123, as it is spec'd at on all sites, is pinner.

Someone needs to put a caliper on a production pair. I swear I recall reading somewhere that the tails were wider than on the protos which received the mixed reviews from D(C) and Blister.

I love my Moment PB&J's so much that I would love to try the Bibby Pro. Hopefully some day soon, I'll get a chance to get my hands on a pair of Bibbys.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    I believe the real production Governors have a wider tail than the protos so it's not such a radical pin...although 123, as it is spec'd at on all sites, is pinner.

Someone needs to put a caliper on a production pair. I swear I recall reading somewhere that the tails were wider than on the protos which received the mixed reviews from D(C) and Blister.
    That would be blister. Actual tail is 128. http://www.blistergearreview.com/gea...ent-governor/2
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

He posted a link to his review of them above. Those were early release though that you were trying out, we're they not Dan? I believe the real production Governors have a wider tail than the protos so it's not such a radical pin...although 123, as it is spec'd at on all sites, is pinner.

Nope, the ones I tried were production skis. I still felt they were overly large in the tip and forebody compared to the tails. The Bibby Pros feel more balanced, as do the 2nd gen Garbones I have. The Governers have the same damp, smooth Moment feel but the shape just doesn't work for me.

Trex, I'm actually in Mammoth right now. I skied the Bibbys yesterday and today. I was very impressed with them esp given that the snow was wind blown and mad hard pack. I was coming down Dragon Back and Dragon Tail off chair 9 with them and I was blown away how well they just ripped everything out of the way as if they were coming out straight from hell... Only reason why I wanna try the Governor, is bc it has a turn radius of 20 (on the 186) as supposed to 26 on The 190 Bibby. Moment says the Governor is stiffer than the Bibby which I'm actually not happy about that but I'm hoping the 20 turn radius might give shorter turns than the Bibby. But having said all that, I'm Def keeping the Bibby regardless of how the Governor is... If you guys wanna a review on the Governor, PappaG has a very good review on the Governor (his review is on the Bibby Pro Special, which is the other name for the Governor) . Check it out... Btw Trex, you skiing 2mrw?

I've got the 196 bibby special (last year's but with current production dimensions 150-118-128) and this year's 190 bibby pro. I'd definitely steer you away from the special/governor if you're looking for a quicker, shorter radius ski. My pro's are WAY more turny than the specials; those just want to make large radius turns and run.

Ya Johny. I just read that the production line of Governor comes in 128 in the tail; not in 123 which means that the turn radius is not gonna be 21 and is gonna be more life 23-24ish. I think a more pivoty version of the Bibby Pro would be the Automatic but obviously the automatic is not gonna be the charging beast that the Bibby is. I think having the Automatic and the Bibby would be a great two-ski quiver

You sure you mean the Automatic? They are very different skis from the Bibby but have a similar waist. They are complete overlap. One is easier going and just plain easy to ski. The other you are aware of it's size but it's more powerful.

I don't see one complimenting the other but rather they are different tools for what one needs out of a ~118mm ski.

I will say the Automatic blew me away. I have skied and demo'd a fair number of skis in my days but no ski has ever made me say, "holy shit" until the Automatic. It's just so easy to ski (more so considering never been on a pair before and they're 117 underfoot). HOWEVER, I prefer a stiffer tail and although the Bibby is more demanding it is more rewarding (for me) in Whistler cut up.

...and if the turn radius of the Governor was 21 with a 123 tail then it's going to be less, not more, with a 128 tail. I think Moment's specs on that ski are all out of whack since their own site still shows 123mm tails.
    Last edited by Johnny Sizzler; 01-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.

bibbys no doubt rule! Compared them to my bros JJs and S3s, and wow are they ever so much more versatile. Love em.
    "Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." -Warren Miller
    Ephesians 4:7

You sure you mean the Automatic? They are very different skis from the Bibby but have a similar waist. They are complete overlap. One is easier going and just plain easy to ski. The other you are aware of it's size but it's more powerful.

I don't see one complimenting the other but rather they are different tools for what one needs out of a ~118mm ski.

I will say the Automatic blew me away. I have skied and demo'd a fair number of skis in my days but no ski has ever made me say, "holy shit" until the Automatic. It's just so easy to ski (more so considering never been on a pair before and they're 117 underfoot). HOWEVER, I prefer a stiffer tail and although the Bibby is more demanding it is more rewarding (for me) in Whistler cut up.

...and if the turn radius of the Governor was 21 with a 123 tail then it's going to be less, not more, with a 128 tail. I think Moment's specs on that ski are all out of whack since their own site still shows 123mm tails.
    Johnny, ya I meant the Automatic. Isn't the Automatic quicker and faster to get edge-to-edge than the Bibby? I read Johnathan Ellsworth review on Blister and the impression I got is that the Automatic is more playful and more pivoty than the Bibby and you can make quicker turns on the Automatic. But obviously the Automatic is not going to be as stable as the Bibby (frankly im not sure which skis would be as stable as the Bibbys) So I thought the Automatic would be great for days that I don't wanna ski that hard and great for those days that you wanna have more playfulness over more stability... Btw I think my girl is jealous about how much I LOVE the Bibbys

Quote Originally Posted by Karl May View Post
    bibbys no doubt rule! Compared them to my bros JJs and S3s, and wow are they ever so much more versatile. Love em.
    Ya they shouldn't be called skis. They should be called something else like Tanks or something.... They rock!! They make you feel like a pussy if you don't stomp 20 + feet cliffs with them. Last time I had the desire to stomp any thing was like 15 years ago. With these skis, I def wanna fly off some stuff

frankly im not sure which skis would be as stable as the Bibbys
    Per Blister, from least to most stable, for this particular shape/size:

S7 -> Automatic -> Bibbys -> Squad 7s -> Billy Goats

I read it that way too; seems you can put the '13 Rocker2 115 in between the Automatic and Bibby in addition to those 5.

If I wanted to give up the least amount of bad assness and stability of the Bibby 190 to gain the most amount of quicker turns and quicker edge-to-edge with similar deminsions and rocker profile as the Bibby, would the Automatic 186 answer the call or you guys recommend a different ski?

If I wanted to give up the least amount of bad assness and stability of the Bibby 190 to gain the most amount of quicker turns and quicker edge-to-edge with similar deminsions and rocker profile as the Bibby, would the Automatic 186 answer the call or you guys recommend a different ski?
    184 Bibby?

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    184 Bibby?
    But that would more or less be the same ski... What do you think about Automatic?

Auto 193 might be your answer.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Auto 193 might be your answer.
    But wouldn't the 186 have a shorter turn radius? Plus I'm a directional skier and I hear that the Atomic Team line is -10 cm off the dead center of the skis, which means I'm looking about 102 cm from the tip to mid sole and I think that's good amount considering I'm 5'10'', 170 lbs, no?