Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Moment Bibby Pro 190 is the ShIIiiit!!!!

that's why everybody mounts forward on those because it's a ton of tip on the team line.

read the Blister reviews on the 186 and the 193.

I've skied the 186 Auto and it is not a Bibby. To push the limits of a stiffer, burlier ski like the Bibby you must be willing to put in the effort to rail it; to rip crud on it; to change direction on it. The same is true with any ski, but the Automatic is about as easy a going 117mm ski as you will ever find. It is not a powerful ski. It is an incredibly fun easy to ski ski.

I think if you're concerned about quickness edge to edge sure the auto will get there marginally quicker as it has a narrower tip and tail, but it won't lock in as well as the Bibby.

Everything is a compromise. Maybe you don't want a ~120mm ski?

There's a long thread here in tech talk on the Auto and biglineseeker has some comments on the 186 that he was on (near end of thread at this time).

that's why everybody mounts forward on those because it's a ton of tip on the team line.

read the Blister reviews on the 186 and the 193.

I've skied the 186 Auto and it is not a Bibby. To push the limits of a stiffer, burlier ski like the Bibby you must be willing to put in the effort to rail it; to rip crud on it; to change direction on it. The same is true with any ski, but the Automatic is about as easy a going 117mm ski as you will ever find. It is not a powerful ski. It is an incredibly fun easy to ski ski.

I think if you're concerned about quickness edge to edge sure the auto will get there marginally quicker as it has a narrower tip and tail, but it won't lock in as well as the Bibby.

Everything is a compromise. Maybe you don't want a ~120mm ski?

There's a long thread here in tech talk on the Auto and biglineseeker has some comments on the 186 that he was on (near end of thread at this time).
    Ya I know the Auto it's not a Bibby and I like the fact that you gotta work the Bibbys to get them edge-to-edge and rip the crap out of whatever comes your way. But they are days that I just want something playful like the Opus (which is a bit soft for me) so that's why I'm thinking about replacing my Opus with the Automatic in 186 which seems to be just as playful, pivoty as the Opus and def stiffer than the Opus and more directional than the Opus

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TGR Forums

I joined this club in the 190 length earlier this season and agree with everything positive I have ever read about this ski. The combination of charge/pop/float/smear/rail/destroy/stomp/pivot that they offer continues to make me laugh out loud. Well worth the price of admission!

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    I joined this club in the 190 length earlier this season and agree with everything positive I have ever read about this ski. The combination of charge/pop/float/smear/rail/destroy/stomp/pivot that they offer continues to make me laugh out loud. Well worth the price of admission!
    Couldn't agree more!

Dkla...I would seriously recommend a praxis concept if you don't mind the 187 length. On sale right now at praxis...and I have a 20% coupon for you if you decide to go that way.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Dkla...I would seriously recommend a praxis concept if you don't mind the 187 length. On sale right now at praxis...and I have a 20% coupon for you if you decide to go that way.
    I just checked them out on their website. They seem to have the dirty mustache rocker profile of Moment skis. I think Moment calls that ski Quick Death... They look awesome! I rather get the Praxis over Atomic any day especially when you can custom design the flex and the graphics. The only problem is the turn radius of 27 on these. Are you sure these skis are gonna be very pivoty and quick to get edge-to-edge? How are they in powder (10-20''; how mellow is the rocker tip and tail?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkla52 View Post
    I just checked them out on their website. They seem to have the dirty mustache rocker profile of Moment skis. I think Moment calls that ski Quick Death... They look awesome! I rather get the Praxis over Atomic any day especially when you can custom design the flex and the graphics. The only problem is the turn radius of 27 on these. Are you sure these skis are gonna be very pivoty and quick to get edge-to-edge? How are they in powder (10-20''; how mellow is the rocker tip and tail?)

Sorry I meant Deathwish, not Quick Death

^^You seriously need to learn how to use the search function. Also, the rocker specs are on the Praxis website.

PS. Moment calls their "triple camber" ski the Deathwish, and it came out after the Concept.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    ^^You seriously need to learn how to use the search function. Also, the rocker specs are on the Praxis website.

PS. Moment calls their "triple camber" ski the Deathwish, and it came out after the Concept.
    Ya I read the rocker specs on their website and I corrected myself about the name (Deathwish) right after I said Quick Death. What's ur point? How is that related to search? I'm asking him how Is this ski gonna be pivoty with the turn radius of 27

FYI, Moment also calls the "triple camber" , the dirty mustache camber.

What's ur point? How is that related to search? I'm asking him how Is this ski gonna be pivoty with the turn radius of 27
    I'm honestly not trying to be a huge dick (well, maybe just a little bit) -- I'm just saying the Concept is discussed in various places on the forum (as is the Automatic and the Bibby Pro).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^^^Dirty Mustache Rocker

I'm honestly not trying to be a huge dick -- I'm just saying the Concept is discussed in various places on the forum (as is the Automatic and the Bibby Pro).
    I didn't say it wasn't. He was saying how I should choose the Concept over the Automatic (wich I'm actually inclined to do) and I just wanted his input on the turn radius before I even started researching about it. Who is researching about tge Bibby??? I already own a Bibby... You're lost bro!

Dkla - the concepts handle everything. Really, their versatility is staggering. The radius is just right. They don't feel like a lot of ski. They certainly feel narrower than the stated 117mm (likely due to the complex sidecut). Fatter section underfoot and complex camber makes them float really nicely in deeper snow. The tip rocker is less ridiculous/sharp than a JJ or S7, but less mellow than a gotama or billy goat. Similar to the RPC, but maybe a fraction taller. Tail rocker is fairly minimal.

You can pick how you want to ski.

Are you a racer? Do you drive the tips hard? (Phrasing. Boom).They will railroad track a groomer and arc GS turns at high speed down a steep face with minimal tip deflection in variable snow. They don't have the stability of the Ren, but they are close. I suspect they rival the Bibby nicely.

Are you in tight trees? Roll your knees and stay near the fall line and their nimbleness rivals a JJ. Since I sold my Skevik Antons, these are my first pick on a tree day.

IMO, Keith NAILED it with this design. If you want to push it like a Bibby, you can get very nearly the same output from the ski. If you want to mellow out and pivot like an automatic, they are happy to do that without beating you up. Intuitive, easy, fun, stable. Incredible to find this level of versatility in this ski. They have been a favorite of mine since day 1, and I would never sell them.

Plus you can get praxis build quality, carbon layup, support a microbrew who looks out for mags and pay less. No brainer for me. If you want the code, shoot me a PM.

Also, Auvgeek may be many things, but he might be the least "lost" individual I know...

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Also, Auvgeek may be many things, but he might be the least "lost" individual I know...
    well, he DOES have a lot of skis, right?

... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

After having spent more time on the190'si am super impressed. Awesome skis. I like them more than my wailer rp112. They charge. What I am most impressed with is the hardpack performance. It's very impressive.

Thinking of getting the new bibby 192 for next year.

Anyone have any details on the new 192 for next year? Is it essentially the same ski just 2mm wider under foot and now comes In a 192? Turn radius? Saw the SIA pic. Graphics at sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Anyone have any details on the new 192 for next year? Is it essentially the same ski just 2mm wider under foot and now comes In a 192? Turn radius? Saw the SIA pic. Graphics at sick.
    I think they are making some changes other than it being offered in 192. Message papag; he'll know for sure

You guys should try ski the 190 + 0.5 off the line. These skis are really something. I have two other pairs (jaguar shark and vicik) of skis w me right now and I dont wanna even ski them. The Bibby is all I need.
    If you go + half a cm they will feel a bit loose as supposed to locked in. You can get them edge to edge faster

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    After having spent more time on the 190's i am super impressed. Awesome skis. I like them more than my wailer rp112. .
    Ya I have 184cm Bibbys now and had 184 Wailer RP112s for about 3 weeks around Xmas. I did not like the Wailers at all in Baker's chunder. They were great in deep and untouched snow. But the Bibbys are way better for everyday ripping.

My 15 year old son has just moved up to 174cm Bibbys from 165cm JJs. He was pretty fast on the JJs. But is way way faster on the Bibbys.

K

Try going forward half a cm from the line. Thry are a beast already but they will become beast -i er!! This way you can even get them edge to edge faster

I'm asking him how Is this ski gonna be pivoty with the turn radius of 27
    Turn radius has little to do with pivotability, but the bigger the radius the more pivoty the ski will be. Deep aggressive sidecuts hook up/are less-willing to break out of a carved turn of whatever radius.

Dkla. I went from a 2nd gen 190 bibby pro to a rocker 2 115. Definitely a more maneuverable ski due to the extremely long tip splay and I don't feel like I have given up too much in the stability department. I was considering automatic but was concerned with chop performance. The rocker 2 had no problem nuking through fairly old chop on the cirque at the bird about a month ago. The rocker2 115 is definitely a consideration for what you are looking for.
    Go Sox!

Glad the rocker 2 are working out for you. After going half a cm forward on the BP 190, I honestly can say that I don't need any other ski except when it comes to deep deep when then Praxis Powder Board will be the one to go to. I like the BP so much I'm thinking about buying another pair just in case something happens to the ones I have. I might get the 184 this time