Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How screwed up am I? (wife blog blech)

So we are planning on taking the baby to visit my brother and his wife and baby in Boise tomorrow for the long weekend. He has a hockey game on Sunday and can sub me in! Sweet! Oh wait, if I go up and am going to play hockey, my wife won't go because she doesn't like his wife. Wtf. "we can go but you can't do what you want to do up there?" Fuck me I'm annoyed at my wife. I think I am going to tell her I am going to play hockey with my brother and if she doesn't want to go, fine. See ya. What's next meet up in Sun Valley and no mtbing? Fuck that bad precedent to set. To be fair his wife has been pretty miserable lately.
    End blog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using TGR Forums
    sigless.

If your "significant other" cant take hanging out with your own family, watch out, she is turning into a callus bitch before your very eyes.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Don't see what playing hockey or not playing hockey has to do with your wife not liking his, or wanting to go. Women are confusing. Tell him to tell his wife to stop being a bitch I guess.

I see this going two ways: either your wife will smooth over and everything will be fine or I see a divorce down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    I see this going two ways: either your wife will smooth over and everything will be fine or I see a divorce down the road.
    I love this kid.

What is miserable about his wife and how long will your bitch be dumped with his bitch?

Unless you expect her to be left with his wife the majority of the weekend, or his wife is way beyond the expected and tolerated level of family miserable, or unless you pull similar BS with her family, she should go, but it sounds like it might turn into the famous I don't want to go and I don't want you to go, either, so I am going to go and try as hard as I can to make you as miserable as I am game.

so, no advice.

Maybe let her play goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I love this kid.
    Marriage advice from a 14 year old. Only on TGR!

I love this kid.
    X2

I say take his advice. Put it all on black, odds are 5050.

Or is there somewhere nice you can send your wife and kid while you are at hockey that doesn't involve the sister in law?

Pick your battles. If this is one of them, then goodluck!
    To the Thingmajigger!

There's probably more to it. Maybe along the lines of not liking being dumped for play so she can be the babysitter with another mom who shares different parenting values. Who knows...

Start over. Ask her if you can go play hockey with your bro on Sunday. Then offer to take care of the kids more often so she can get time to herself.

Ask, don't tell. My wife never says no when I ask, but she will get bitter if I just tell her what she's doing this weekend so I can play.

You're married. You have a kid. Even when you know you're free, ask-- because your freedom often translates to her freedom.

Plan is that we'll ski at bogus with them, staying at their house, hockey would be my bros regular night game (and my regular night game in slc), and general mellow visit. His wife's problem stemmed from breast feeding woes, and supposedly is of better humor now that the kid has switched to formula.
    I just think it is a bad precedent to set. We have a new place to share in SV that we plan on using, and if it becomes the regular situation that, "fine I'll go, but if I do, you can't _____" ( fill in the blank, ski, mtb, hockey, etc), I'll be pissed.
    My wife's problem is she is jealous my parents spend 1/2 their time in slc, while her family all live outside Worcester ma. (see my past threads about what the hell is there to do in Worcester).
    sigless.

I love this kid.
    I miss the days of DINMS!! Kids can be hiliarious!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    If your "significant other" cant take hanging out with your own family, watch out, she is turning into a callus bitch before your very eyes.
    This could be complete bullshit statement from Dasblunt. As an example, I cannot stand my sister, but her husband (my brother in law) is a great guy. My wife is quickly growing a dislike of my sister also, and for good reason. I'd take his advice with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    This could be complete bullshit statement from Dasblunt. As an example, I cannot stand my sister, but her husband (my brother in law) is a great guy. My wife is quickly growing a dislike of my sister also, and for good reason. I'd take his advice with a grain of salt.
    Totally off the cuff and not super serious. After hearing the jealous statement about the in-laws spending more time here or there, I imagine it is just too much family time in general, and not enough of something else....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I doubt she's trying to set a precedent. But I know how you feel and often get defensive myself. We're young, have a lot to learn about marriage and kids. Don't start making up reasons for her behavior.

I've learned to ask first. Then I always get an "Of course you can go." Then again, did I set up an ask-first precedent myself? lol

My dad taught me to buy her nice things before I purchase things for myself.
    "Wow dad, you really surprised mom with that necklace. What was the occasion?"
    "Nothing. I'm prepping her because I want a new boat. If she has something new and shiny she'll begin to think we have extra cash."
    They're still married. Broke, but married.

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Haha, spoken like a man ahead of his times. You're going to see family, so she has no stance. Go on your trip and enjoy. Just tap that ass like you've never seen one when you get home, you'll be ok. Call her a couple times a day, etc while you are up there. Tell her you miss her, she'll say "UH HUH"..but do it daily. Then come lay the pipe once you home and its all good. She'll get over it within a day. You'll maybe take a couple shots the next morning about abandoning the family, but she'll move on. She is saying SHE doesnt want to go, but she knows that stopping you to go see family is wrong.

pm assman

Does your wife make you spend time with her friend's douche husbands?
    The best things in life aren't things.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Maybe let her play goalie.
    gawwdd....there's a "pull the goalie" double entendre sex joke in there somewhere but I can't bring it together.

Lil help?
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

bring your wife and baby w/ you to the game and ditch the sister in law? If she tags along, maybe the SIL will be on best behavior in public.

good luck

Something tells me that breast feeding problems are not the root of this problem. My guess is that Worchester is.

Nice, this is only the start.

Look forward to reading moar in the years to come.
    watch out for snakes

My wife and mother hate each other. My parents visited for xmas the first time in 5 years. My wife had a meltdown and I had to tell my parents to go back home earlier than they planned. (same thing happened 5 years ago) Women are messed up in the head. You can't reason with irrational emotions.

Move over Rontele

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    pm assman
    watch out for snakes