The ultimate ski bum place

So this will definitely need you to put the imagination cap on a bit. Block out all thoughts of NYC, and hipster douche.

But put this pad at the base of the Tram and Im pretty sure its the best ski bum concept crash pad Ive ever seen. Small, cheap (you certainly dont need Sub Zero shit) and I think amazing.

You could probably pack 20 of these into the top couple floors of the VC, sell em all for an attainable price, and be golden. It would be win win!

http://gizmodo.com/5967622/the-tiny-...50-square-feet
    Live Free or Die

Perhaps I lived a rather rustic ski bum lifestyle but dining room and office ? Hell kitchen come to that ... just a reliable fridge (perhaps a Sub Zero).

Pretty sick if you had that ski-in ski-out at snowbird.

when i first moved to whis i looked at some condos that were about that size or smaller and there's no way i could see myself living there but set up like that, maybe. Dunno what i'd do with my four mountain bikes, skis could fit a closet OK.

Where does the used condom collection go?
    watch out for snakes

the office, thats funny
    I miss living in my funky mountain cabin!
    stay outta my line

I live in less than half of that square footage.

What the hell is wrong with a lean to?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    So this will definitely need you to put the imagination cap on a bit. Block out all thoughts of NYC, and hipster douche.

But put this pad at the base of the Tram and Im pretty sure its the best ski bum concept crash pad Ive ever seen. Small, cheap (you certainly dont need Sub Zero shit) and I think amazing.

well a great urban space for NYC with some great ideas like the expanding guest room, great storage ideas, I think the cooking facility is kind of lacking ... maybe everyone goes out for dinner in NYC?

But its not the ultimate ski bum space which IMO needs a place to work on gear, dry gear, hang skis/gear, a built in boot/glove dryer&warmer and of course a bar all things I have in mancave which is 1000sqft BUT looking around I could lose a lot of it

Fuck, that's not much smaller than the second house I owned, with a dog, wife and a baby living with us.

I'd lose it in a week in a place like that. Only works for people who are never home. Kinda cool though-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

I was thinking about the gear problem myself, I I think you could hang some bikes from the ceiling (I currently do this in my place which is only 500 aq feet) and I assume if these were built at a ski resort, there would be ski lockers or the like outside for that gear. Then you just take one of his hipster douche closets, wire up some boot heaters in it, and its a gear drying closet.
    Live Free or Die

The guy I bought this house from was building the ultimate mancave which he did and that was great ... till he met a woman and she had other ideas

small L shapefront room/dinning room & kitchen SO hack the dividing wall out/off at 42" and put in a bar top, fill the kitchen with cupboards, buy 4 bar stools and forget the dining room thing, no room anyhow with the road bike hanging in there and the computer desk

I took the shelves out of the entrance closet put in a vertical rack that hold 4 pair of skis and a boot dryer, 2nd bedroom is the waxroom/gear storage, basement suite pays almost all the cost of home ownership cuz the ultimate ski bum place ... should be self sustaining