Headed to Hakuba for a month starting around Feb 1st. I was there a couple years ago with my brother and some friends, but this time I'm flying solo so I'd like to find some other folks to ski with. I'm going to be staying at a guesthouse very close to the Happo lifts, but looking to branch out a bit this time for other resorts / tours in the area.

Last time I lugged all my touring gear across the pacific ocean only to find that it was snowing 20-30cm per night almost the entire time I was there so I hardly ever used it except for some Happo side country the the last few days of the trip when we saw the sun. I doubt the same luck will hold up this year, and my avalanche beacon isn't very useful to me solo, so if you're going to be in the area and you want to discuss some backcountry trips let me know. Otherwise I'm just happy to meet up for some resort skiing, a beer, or merely someone to speak english with.

PS: Considering a trip up to Hokkaido at some point (still weight my options for exactly where), so if you're going to be up there at some point in February let me know and maybe we can meet up.