Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    If you take a 4frnt VCT and hold it base to base with an old Gotama it's an almost perfect match. It's a little stiffer, and maybe a little heavier. It has a slightly planky feel on hardpack, but in softer stuff it's definitely gotama-esque I've never skied the Turbo, but it's the same ski with a little early rise.
    I came here to post this...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I was in a similar position as the OP and went with the Cochise as my Gold Gotama replacement. I tried several other skis - line influence, salomon shogun, nordica enforcer, liberty helix, Praxis Freerides, Fatypus DSenders- and although I really liked the Freerides and the DSenders, I loved the Cochise! I'm terrible at reviewing skis so I'll just say that the Cochise made skiing soft snow and powder as fun as when I first jumped on a pair of Gold Gotamas. Truth be told, I still love the way my Gold Gotamas ski in powder but they've almost got no edge on them and are downright scary in anything firm (which is more than likely my terrible technique).
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Maybe the "Tokyo nights" version on eBay right now 183 and underlined?
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

Been skiing the gold buddha Gotama's in all conditions for almost as long as I can remember and adore them. Spent the beginning of this season trying to find a replacement and demoed a few skis that are mentioned here.

4FRNT Turbos: Wasn't crazy about them. Found it difficult to feel centered on them in bumps and cruds, but you can ski them fairly aggressively. Had a very planky feel - thicker than the old Gotamas - and a wider turning radius. They're definitely for some, but not for me.

Bonafides: Found them to ski oddly similarly to the old Gotama's but no twin tips, heavier and more stable. Must be the two layers of metal. Definitely give them a try.

Cochise: If you like the Bonafides, give the Cochise a try. More rockered profile, but I actually liked them considerably more. Biggest thing it took getting used to was the slight wandering of the ski on catwalks. Didn't get that from the Bonafides.

Kastle BMX's: More traditional camber and pretty serious skis. Found them super damp and less poppy/playful than the old Gotamas. They rip but didn't find them as much fun to ski.

Don't know much about the ON3P's except they have a reputation for excellent build quality. If you plan to demo before buying, which I'd recommend, you may find it difficult tracking down a pair of these.

Didn't get on a pair of the rockered Gotama's, but most people feel they're a world apart from the non-rockered generation.