Alta Magic by Lee Cohen

Had the priviledge of picking up a copy from an advanced printing run about 2 weeks ago. I have no dog in this fight other than Lee is a friend of mine. Quite honestly, it wouldn't matter to me is someone half way around the world had assembled this masterpiece - I still be here typing up this post just the same. Anyway, anybody that enjoys or has enjoyed Alta for 1 reason or another or just wants to know why the place is so damn special should own their own personal copy of this book. No matter where you are in the world, the book will take you back to that 1 special run or that 1 great day or that one magical season or that life well spent at Alta. The words take your mind to that good old Alta'd state and it feels as if the snow pictured is going to jump off the pages and give you a faceshot. The book itself is over 150 pages and printed on super, high quality paper. It is a steal for $35 & some change! So, hop on over to http://www.leecohen.com/book.html and pick up a copy for yourself. It will be the highest yielding return rate on fun you've gotten for a long, long time. You can even preview a few select pages of it by clicking on the "Preview Book" link just below the pictured cover. Hell, if our own TGR420 endorses it, you know it is a goody.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

pure gold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow14-large.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	130450
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, M - post again when it's on sale, if you don't mind!

Ha, I have a reproduction of a Sports Illustrated cover from 11/23/59 on my wall at work taken from probably the same spot of two skiers in just a little less powder. Longer focal length lens, but, very similar image as that cover image.

edit:

Last edited by Benny Profane; 01-15-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    pure gold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow14-large.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	130450
    ^^^ "The Withey Wave" - quite possible my favorite ski photo of all time.

Legend has it that shot was actually an accident - Dan Withey (the athlete) was supposed to turn the other way for the camera, so that you could see his face, but for whatever reason he didn't time it correctly, and thus that shot was born. Apparently Lee had the camera accidentally tilted to the left, making the slope look flatter than it really was. Alta Magic for sure.

Spoke with Lee last night and he's got plenty of copies now in stock ready to ship! So, just follow the original link and order up guys and gals
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Ran into Mr Cohen at a local store yesterday. Picked up a signed copy of his book and was a buzz with stoke having discussed shots he took over the years. Lee is Alta. Lee is Powder. Love Love his shots.

Cheers to a guy that is Alta through and through.

Much Respect

CAT

Buy this book. So much awesome

Sent from my Nexus 10 using TGR Forums