Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile NWT3K.com Introduces New Level of Customization to Snow Sports Apparel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fb_banner.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	130431
    Before the holidays our customizable outerwear company Northwest Technical Outerwear (NWT3K) launched a new direction in the ski/snowboard market. At NWT3K, we recognize that riders crave individuality and functionality, so we have created the product and website technology that allows every individual to create his/her own custom answer.

Our USA-made, student created company is producing high-quality, affordable, and customizable jackets that are catered to the free-ride skier and snowboarder. Our new website includes a custom product builder that offers up to 12 different colors for each feature, a choice of 16 different zipper layouts, as well as optional additional functionality. Read our blog post for more info >

We value everyone here within the TGR community so your feedback, suggestions, or stoke is greatly appreciated!

-Shred on friends-

-Nick

Good work Nick, you're killing it!

Looks sick! My jacket is due for a replacement......

Love the idea!

The dual diagonal zips reminds me of the human centipede. Cool gear!

After looking at the product video - the fit looks a bit wonky, do you have any videos of people properly sized for the gear? It seems to have a -too- large ass pocket/flare at the bottom of the jacket

Damn, that is a slick website!

I fucked areound with it for a while. Not gonna lie, the steezification options are pretty awesome. Love the different zipper options.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Love the site and the jackets! But I have to admit I am not thrilled about your 180 day warranty, as that ultimately means it is covered for one season. I want to support you guys but for the same price I will probably end up with a jacket that is a bit less steazy, yet covered with a limited lifetime warranty.
    Sprock out like you mean it

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Looks sick! My jacket is due for a replacement......
    Let us know if you have any questions!

The small has a 46" chest? That's an XL in most jackets. Obviously aimed at the park monkeys.

180-day warranty on an unknown PTFE membrane doesn't inspire much confidence for long term use.

Like Neaps, I'll let a company that'll back up their product choose colors for me.

Best of luck to you.

I think you've started something that has tons of potential, but I'm not really interested in customizing the colors on my outerwear.

I'm interested in:

1. materials used and functionality of said materials for my application.

and

2. features designed into the jacket that are specific to my use, in this case skiing.

I can't find anything on your website that talks about the actual fabric used...so how am I supposed to know how the jacket will perform outside?

Quote Originally Posted by djrez4 View Post
    The small has a 46" chest? That's an XL in most jackets. Obviously aimed at the park monkeys.

180-day warranty on an unknown PTFE membrane doesn't inspire much confidence for long term use.

Like Neaps, I'll let a company that'll back up their product choose colors for me.

Best of luck to you.

Actually, our size small was specifically designed to fit a girl that is 5'1" in height, and weighs 100lbs. NWT3K jackets are unique from a traditional, insulated, fitted jacket. Our fit allows for a non-restrictive movement and maximum body mobility, while still allowing plenty of room for layering underneath.

Yes, many park riders enjoy the fit of our jackets. However, NWT3K jackets are designed for everyone - small, large, girl, guy, park rider, BC skier, hiker etc.

This picture showcases our size small on a girl that is 5'1" in height, and weighs 100lbs.

Name:	286188_398219560261807_1505093544_o.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	130589

Tessa's direct quote: "I love that I finally found a jacket that is not super fitted, the added length is also a plus - especially when I sit down on the chairlift."

Can you make her turn around and spread her arms?

My mind is in the gutter
    Sprock out like you mean it

Quote Originally Posted by Neaps View Post
    My mind is in the gutter
    Pit fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    I think you've started something that has tons of potential, but I'm not really interested in customizing the colors on my outerwear.

I'm interested in:

1. materials used and functionality of said materials for my application.

and

2. features designed into the jacket that are specific to my use, in this case skiing.

I can't find anything on your website that talks about the actual fabric used...so how am I supposed to know how the jacket will perform outside?

For our fabric we use a durable 3-layer WPB DWR ripstop 15,000mm fabric with an ePTFE hydrophobic membrane.

More information about skiing specific features can be seen here: http://nwt3k.com/jacket-features

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop us a line, or use the live chat feature under the "customize" tab. You can also ask here on this thread.

-Nick

Jacket of the week - black body and hood, combined with white arms, teal waterproof zippers, and black velcro.

Name:	5D3_8132 copy.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1,009.6 KB 
ID:	130737

All custom NWT3K jackets are made in Seattle, WA.

Name:	5D3_8139 copy.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	130966

Jacket of the week - red body, teal hood, red right arm, teal left arm, white waterproof zippers, and red velcro.

Name:	5D3_8185.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	131134

More images of this jacket can be seen on the NWT3K blog >

Any thoughts on this jacket?

Stop the spam.....

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Colors colors colors! Some awesome jackets are being shipped out today. Will be on doorsteps shortly!

Name:	321362_404490422968054_1760296823_n.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	131426

Ever wonder how modern jackets keep you dry without making you feel like you're wearing a trashbag? Join us for the first NWT3K Tuesday -

We couldn't be more stoked to be featured in Skiing Magazines editor’s product picks for February! Check out the full gallery - http://www.skinet.com/skiing/photo-g...y?i=134514&s=7

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	132437

Interesting concept...
    You should have been here yesterday!

What is the lead time as of today. Love to support small start ups but need wears quick. Nice work on the vids too.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    What is the lead time as of today. Love to support small start ups but need wears quick. Nice work on the vids too.
    Custom jackets take 2 weeks to run through our manufacturing process (sometimes less). We then ship to you depending on the shipping preference you select.

Most customers have been receiving their custom jackets within 2.5 -3 weeks time.