Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cold ass Langes

I was fitted for the RS 130 LV (all blue) last season but didn't have the funds to make the purchase. I am planning on getting a new pair of boots this weekend but worry about all the negative feedback for Lange boots. I have a size 13 shoe with a very narrow foot and these seemed to be the best as far as heal hold and a volume that held my foot in place. I've been skiing Lange for the last 5-6 years (not sure which model) and dont really have an issue with cold feet, leakage, etc. It seems like these problems aren't something new going on with their boots but I've also not ever experienced it. The bootfitter I saw recommended this boot for my foot size and they felt good (in the store of course). I am, however, not looking to drop $700 on a pair of boots that I will have to change the liners out, duck tape, caulk, etc in order to make them skiable. Whats the consensus on these things? Not so bad or run away and never look back?

If it fits, and you've never been cold in Langes just by them and ski them.
    If you're a big size, they'll still be there for the Presidents Day sale (probably) which is not long off.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    -This
    They do ski differently, but you can adjust. You can also adjust to having warm/dry feet (w/intuitions) without having to modify a $700.00 boot.

Or you can dick around with boot gloves that won't let you adjust your buckles, broken wires and faulty batteries on hotronics, heat packes that you shouldn't have room for if your boot fits properly, replacing your stock liner in your new $700.00 Langes with a $180.00 intuition, leaky toes and insteps that you can apply ghetto duct tape and silicone sealant to, and shells that break every two seasons.

I skied langes for 15 years and loved the way they performed, but after 5 years in kryptons I still can't believe a boot can be so warm/comfortable, perform so well, and require so little dicking around. Shells outlasting all my previous lange's too.

Lange poster chicks are pretty hawt tho... unlike their boots.
    well I could not make the Langes not be cold and followed the easier path...KR2's and was able to leave them on and buckled during break time etc. Was able to have Martin a boot fitter at Crystal put some made for Dalbello rubber heel and toe pieces on with cants along with a couple stock mods and bueno. Ski fine no drama.
    Last edited by Crystal Skier; 02-08-2013 at 11:46 PM.