New England Mags: Thunderbolt Trail Conditions

Hi all,

I was thinking of heading to Mt. Greylock this weekend and maybe skiing the Thunderbolt, which I've never done before. Anyone been there and have any sense of how the snow is (assuming there's snow at all?)?

Thanks

You can try PMing JShefftz, he's in that area.

Can't imagine it's very good right now. Bring your rock skis and expect to lose some base.
    What's I've heard from some locals is that it was thin but skiable around New Years, and I don't think they've gotten much or any snow since.

Yeah, I know the snow's probably not very good. But I've got some AT gear collecting dust so far this season and I was hoping to bust it out. Anyone been anywhere good recently?

I skied it last Saturday and it was in pretty good shape. Skinned up the Bellows Pipe and descended the Thunderbolt (which I recommend over booting up the Tbolt if you have skins). Only a few places where rocks were starting to show through but basically fully covered. We had a great day.

Hey, has anybody skied the trail recently or have an idea of what the conditions are like? I it should have received a fair amount of snow the last few days so I am hoping to get out and ski it this weekend but am worried there might not have been enough of a base.

I'm interested as well. Also, what is the best route up in winter? We don't have AT gear

Pay attention:

1 - you never know unless you go

and

2 - Don't post hole the fuckin' skintrack.

Now you are all set. Have fun.