sell me your drift boat. inflatable or hard bottom.

a buddy of mine and i are looking to purchase a boat sometime within the next few months. just wondering if any maggots have one in the garage that they are looking to sell. either hard bottom or inflatable would work, we're primarily looking for something in our price range first which is probably going to be somewhere between $2500-$3000. Willing to drive just about anywhere within 5-6 hours from SLC to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungManofTheMountain View Post
    , we're primarily looking for something in our price range first which is probably going to be somewhere between $2500-$3000.
    That budget could by a good used raft with a rowing frame and oars but probably not one with a fishing frame. Frankly, thats not enough money for a good drift boat and reliable trailer. It's going to cost at least $4k to get something in good condition, ya know, that isn't ancient.

Definitely look at rafts. You will get a better quality rig than a hard boat.

neckdeep, i will find something sick for $3000 or under mark my words. there's a hidden gem out there with my name on it somewhere.

Maybe look for a used outcast? New around $5k, I would imagine you could find a pretty good one in your price range. They have re-branded Aire rubber and a full fishing frame, nice boats.

However, you still need a trailer and good ones aint cheap. I think that may contribute to the disparity between used drift boats and used rafts; A drift boat is gonna almost always come with a trailer.

Ill keep my eyes out for ya around SW Montana.

Do you know about www.mountainbuzz.com?

There's one on the first page of the classifieds that might fit your bill. No trailer, but that's pretty easy to come up with.

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/swap/sho...g-set-up&cat=3

Calling regional guide shops/outfitters might help you. Guides start thinking of new boats right about now....

Call Hyde. My buddy and I had the same mission. We were able to get a fully refurbished boat and trailer complete with oars, anchor, spare and landing net and the same warranty as a new boat for $3500. Same time of year, they take in trades and are looking to move them. Yea my boat is. 1996 but the fish don't seem to mind.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?