Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    It's dumping, where's our God now?

out skiing knee deep, that's where!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    It's dumping, where's our God now?

out skiing knee deep, that's where!
    Don't worry he's still giving it to me good. Just got back from a trip to UT before this storm hit. In my last 24 days out west i've seen 6" of snow and have pretty much been coming into the second week of a dry spell every time.

The dildo just keeps getting bigger and blacker.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

which one I like more depends on the time of year. There is a time and a place for both.

I hope it warms up in Gunnison soon so I can get out on some single track. There, I said it. Alternately, I'd love to win the lottery so I could buy a fat bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    I hope it warms up in Gunnison soon so I can get out on some single track. There, I said it. Alternately, I'd love to win the lottery so I could buy a fat bike.
    Just head over to Salida. They are riding good dirt over there.

Am I the last person on the planet to see this?

Holly shit! How fast? 60mphish?

I saw some death wobbles in there
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Am I the last person on the planet to see this?

Holly shit! How fast? 60mphish?

I saw some death wobbles in there
    60 MPH?

That's sissy speed...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Barone

After some initial jobs, including acting as stunt double of actors Sylvester Stallone, Jean Claude Van Damme and Adrian Paul,[4] at 34 he started trying to achieve speed records on a bicycle. Barone achieved the record on snow in 1994, beating the previous record by Christian Taillefer. He broke the record again in 1999 and on 21 April 2000, when he reaches 222 kilometres per hour (138 mph) at Les Arcs ski resort, France, using an aerodynamic prototype bicycle, helmet and clothing.
    In 1999 he reached 118 kilometres per hour (73 mph) on gravel in Hawaii. After that, his goal was to show he could be faster on gravel. He discovered the Cerro Negro volcano in Nicaragua. Its clean slopes and soft volcanic ash were ideal.
    In November 2001, he descended that volcano at 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph), beating his previous record achieved in Hawaii. Barone believed he could do more, and decided to try again some time later. On 12 May 2002, he reached 163 kilometres per hour (101 mph) on his first attempt, on a serial production bicycle. A few minutes later, he descended again, on a prototype bicycle. He rode 400 metres (1,300 ft), and just after the computers had registered 172 kilometres per hour (107 mph), the carbon fiber bicycle crashed.[5] The helmet saved his life, but he had several broken ribs and other injuries. Barone said he would never descend again at the Cerro Negro, but announced he was willing to beat again the record on snow in the future. The record using a serial production bicycle on gravel was beaten in 2011, when Markus Stöckl reached 164.95 kilometres per hour (102.50 mph) on a volcano in Nicaragua.[6] The prototype bicycle record, on gravel, still belongs to Barone.
    During his career, Barone has descended the slopes of Mount Fuji in Japan, Mauna Kea and Kilauea in Hawaii, Etna and Stromboli in Sicily, the Nevado de Toluca in Mexico, and 20 volcanoes in Nicaragua.[7] After his records, Barone has worked attracting tourists who want to discover the Volcano route and other sites in Nicaragua.[7][8]

I now have 20 days skiing for this season and I can't help but feel like it's time to get back to warm sunshine and bike riding. Luckily I'm in AZ and only a 45 minute drive to Sedona where it's going to be 65 today.

Bumping this up. All I want to do is ride my damn bike. Just got back from a week of riding in AZ and Vegas and I'm jonesing for more. I never thought the day would come that I long for winter to just be over.

I'm there with ya. Been building up my new bike and jonesin to shred it. Snow is excellent in summit co too but I just wanna rail some singletrack. Gonna have to head to Moab soon....

Skiing is shit here in SLC right now and the mixed ice/snow/dirt trails are way more fun than our breakable crust/ice sheets in the mountains on skis. I'm actually staying in decent bike shape this winter so far...
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by rippinstyle View Post
    I'm there with ya. Been building up my new bike and jonesin to shred it. Snow is excellent in summit co too but I just wanna rail some singletrack. Gonna have to head to Moab soon....
    Plenty of fun, rideable trails down here in Denver/Boulder.... at least for the next 12 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Skiing is shit here in SLC right now and the mixed ice/snow/dirt trails are way more fun than our breakable crust/ice sheets in the mountains on skis. I'm actually staying in decent bike shape this winter so far...
    We took O on a quick tour up above Alta last Sunday (will give you a shout next time, btw, I was worried about how she would do but she did great, might try again this Sunday). Got passed on the way up by a dude on a snowbike. He looked like he was having fun. I never even considered the possibilities of riding them in the canyons.
    Keep it unclipped

Funny enough my ski stoke has come back. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be riding bikes right now...or surfing, hell all I think about lately is what I'm going to build up for the spring, but Golden/Revy has been getting the goods and I've def been enjoying myself. However the drive to charge just isn't there like it used to be or like on the bike.
    Last edited by robnow; 01-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Plenty of fun, rideable trails down here in Denver/Boulder.... at least for the next 12 hours or so.

Spending the past week in AZ in 70 degree temps, riding my bike and moto every day has certainly not helped my already lacking ski stoke. I'd be more than happy to be in warm weather splitting my time between 2 wheels and hooking trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Yep. I rode BST today and it was surprisingly good. I'd rather bike the ice, mud mix than ski the shit snow we've got.

Get a Fat bike.
    watch out for snakes

Third year in a row of shit conditions in tahoe. I love skiing. I have been dreaming about it, but it is simply too dependent on mother nature. A good powder day can not be beat, but overall I prefer biking as well.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I'd be more than happy to be in warm weather splitting my time between 2 wheels and hooking trout.
    Exactly how I've felt for two, going on three winters in a row now.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

You people got old.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You people got old.

Ice,

a powder day is still the pinnacle of mountain sports in my opinion. but god damn i hate 'waiting' for mother nature to deliver.

skiing hardpack (other than groomers) just destroys my body, because, I have gotten old.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You people got cold.
    Fixed....
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident