Legal mags, Denver area, opinion and advice needed.

Please don't be a douche in this thread, constructive criticism in more than welcome, I know I have been a douche at times, but I'm begging you, please only offer your opinion if it can help me out, no matter how harsh. Rough times right now.

So, my mother is on her last legs. I have been her live in caretaker for years, and she has always taken charge of the financial side of things, insurance, house payments etc. She has a will etc. written out, but I have never dealt with house payments and whatever the fuck is involved with being an in independent payer of everything.

In the next few years I will be taking over a profitable business, unrelated to her, and will need help with that too.

If you are able to help me out, please let me know. I am a paying customer whatever blah blah. and could go to any number of people, but am hoping for someone on this board that would be easier to relate to and more knowledgeable of the situation, and able to help me.

Photo heavy, A tribute if you will.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	129509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	129510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	129511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	129512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	129513  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	129514  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by karpiel; 01-04-2013 at 11:09 PM.

I'm pretty baked, this seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    I'm pretty baked, this seems odd.
    It seems pretty odd to me too.

seems like a good accountant could probably also help you out.

In an odd way, this is actually a good time to PM rontele.

This stuff isn't that hard. Ton's of resources on the net. Get an accounting program like Quicken Books and get everything organized before she passes.
    You may need an accountant and lawyer for some of the stuff. But if they have to do everything, they'll ream you up the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    This stuff isn't that hard. Ton's of resources on the net. Get an accounting program like Quicken Books and get everything organized before she passes.
    You may need an accountant and lawyer for some of the stuff. But if they have to do everything, they'll ream you up the ass.
    I know it's all mostly basic stuff, but me working with money is like asking a 12 year old girl to engineer a turbo setup for the next Bugatti. Hoping to find someone that wont turn my * into an O.

makerstelemark, pegleg, or rontele would be the people I'd ask for help.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You need a very basic level course in personal finance, and you need it NOW. Look at local extension services, community colleges, adult ed from the City, find something IMMEDIATELY because after that class, you are going to need to take more if you're going to take over a business of any sort, like how to use QuickBooks, business bookkeeping, and workingyour way toward courses addressing business financial planning. If you hire someone to handle your personal and business finances, you'll never know for yourself whether you're doing well, doing okay, or should be in bankruptcy. You'll also never know whether you're getting robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    You need a very basic level course in personal finance, and you need it NOW. Look at local extension services, community colleges, adult ed from the City, find something IMMEDIATELY because after that class, you are going to need to take more if you're going to take over a business of any sort, like how to use QuickBooks, business bookkeeping, and workingyour way toward courses addressing business financial planning. If you hire someone to handle your personal and business finances, you'll never know for yourself whether you're doing well, doing okay, or should be in bankruptcy. You'll also never know whether you're getting robbed.
    Will do, thanks.

I have a buddy who's a cpa and teaches classes on running a small business, I bet if you buy him lunch he will get you on the right track. pm me your email and I will put you in touch
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.